Login or register to gain a full access to forums!
To post or view all of the Forum Boards & Topics you need to Login. You can Register either by email, Facebook or Google account. Click on the Register button on the top to begin!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - ChemicaL
Look, I'm setting up my website right now (this is not spam ), the one included in my signature. It's like some sort of a project that contains 3 parts: a prodigy section, an underworld section and members of mayday section. Every section will have its own forum and other stuff of course.
NOTE: I AM NOT ADVERTISING. I justed wanted you to know that I put a lot of hard work into that so what Im trying to say is that I'll try to put up an online chat so all of us could meet there like once a week or often.
Dont take this the wrong way. I'm only offering a solution.
I'll be putting it up in march/may cause I still have a lot of work to do.
I've been working on it for about 6-7 months now quite frequently. I alway wanted to do something to show my respect for the band so I hope all of you will give me some reviews when I put it up.
Thank you for your attention.
P.S. Arie, chill, Im not advertising
#prodigy on IRC is where people always meet. If I'm not mistaken it's on a Sunday at 20:00 CET, but I'm not too sure...
Yes, I know about that. I was thinking some sort of an online chat would be nice, wouldnt it?
I bought the one with the carton cause whenever I buy a plastic box I always smash it.
So...erm, dont know if anyone is interested in this... this is like my little review of the CD. Your opinions are, of course, always welcome and that is the point of this thread, anyway.
01. Come With Us - nice intro, you can clearly see their Trade Mark in this one and that is something I can't say about...07/10
02. It Began In Afrika - this is a huge hit in my country (Croatia). I'm not surprised cause most of the youth here would dance to anything that has bass in a track. Anyway, this is, IMHO, the worst track they have ever done.
Very minimal and so not them. Altough I really like the cuting end of the track that leads into... 02/10
03. Galaxy Bounce - kinda remind's me of the "DYOH" era. 08/10
04. Star Guitar - a little boring, like the vocals though. Very simillar to the sirens.... 05/10
05. Hoops - very nice. Chill With Us. 08/10
06. My Elastic Eye - also very good. New sound. Nice perfect beats and mixed with this 18-th century sound. A surprise to say the least. 08/10
07. The State We're In - well, we all know the state they're in. This track goes by the classic formula that appears on all of their albums and suprisingly enough, the formula still works. 06/10
08. Denmark - This track is kinda cool. But only kind of. There is nothing new in this track that I havent heard before. It's just empty. It doesnt have any energy. It's funny, really. Very amusing. 05/10
09. Pioneer Skies - Tweakers Delight to say the least. This is what they want to sound like. This is their essence but there's only one problem: they had the inspiration but not enough time to develop it. 07/10
10. The Test - Ah, excellent. Really good. Setting Sun without the distortion. Very bluesy, country, mixed with trip's, chicks, and wild hips
My favourite on the album. Note: this is the first time I preffer the last track on the album more than the others. 09/10
This album is a journey and I truly believe they always wanted to come to this level and it looks like they finally made their dreams come true.
IMHO. this is not their best album. DYOH & EPD are the deep ones while Surrender IMHO still remains their worst album.
NOTE: This is only my standpoint on the album. Dont start dissing me cause you think that this track rulez, this doesnt..etc.
01. Medicine - I'm Sick
02. Primal Scream - Kill All Hippies, Accelerator
03. Leftfield - Swords
04. Massive Attack - Hymn Of The Big Wheel
05. Pitchsifter - Hidden Agenda
06. Beastie Boys - Whacha Want
07. Kosheen - Face In A Crowd
08. Leonard Cohen - In My Secret Life
09. RMB - Reality
10. Underworld - Stagger
The list varies weekly.
Breathe - 08/10
Diesel Power - 08/10
Funky Shit - 07/10
Serial Thrilla - 08/10
Mindfields - 09/10
Narayan - 07/10
Firestarter - 08/10
Climbatize - 05/10
Fuel My Fire - 07/10
The Fat Of The Land: 7.7
P.S. Sometimes all of the tracks are 10/10. Depends on my state of mind.
When I hear a prodigy track I like to see myself somewhere in "the deep" evolving or whatever, you know, like becoming one with the track and emotionaly studying it. I like that.
So, people, when something new comes out dont start to write essays so we could all know that you "dig" it. It's enough to say that the track is wicked or it sux.
Anyway this is only my opinion, I wount change it. I dont even demand replyes. I really dont. This is like a statement or whatever. A manifesto
[this is not a media hype]