critisism

Started by ChemicaL, May 15, 2002, 03:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChemicaL

I dont really like to describe prodigy tracks and breaking them down to atoms... like: this was not a good idea, hm... the mixing is not quite right, hm... the sound just doesnt cut it..etc.

When I hear a prodigy track I like to see myself somewhere in "the deep" evolving or whatever, you know, like becoming one with the track and emotionaly studying it. I like that.

So, people, when something new comes out dont start to write essays so we could all know that you "dig" it. It's enough to say that the track is wicked or it sux.

Anyway this is only my opinion, I wount change it. I dont even demand replyes. I really dont. This is like a statement or whatever. A manifesto  ;)

cheers,

[this is not a media hype]
-=www.dirtchamber.org=-

des

*emotionaly studying* a prodigy track, oh yeh man I can get really Deep with firstarter and BGAT, I can relate to the pain in keiths voice, them tracks really play  my emotional cords..

gimmy a break..

The only tunes liam has ever written with amazing atmosphere and the ability to make you feel what the tracks are intended to make you feel are Weather Experience, Your love, 3kilos, Skylined, claustrophobic sting and climbatize

dude as fans it our god given right to nit pick and critisise after all...it wouldnt be much of *DISCUSSION* forum if we all gave replies like

--->it  good
--->it sux's

so the next time your off burning your incense getting deep with liam and the boys....make sure not to be opinionative on their music....just a quick tumbs up or down will do.... ;D

Ekko

The only tunes liam has ever written with amazing atmosphere and the ability to make you feel what the tracks are intended to make you feel are Weather Experience, Your love, 3kilos, Skylined, claustrophobic sting and climbatize
up or down will do.... ;D

But you don't need to feel what they were intended to make you feel, SMBU gives me a feel of energy and tight dense area of sounds everytime I hear it in a club, for me personally Prodigy-music what have died about one year after the release of FOTL or whatever album was on that time, if there wasn't something keeping me listen to it. I still love Narayan for its 'end of the world-feeling' or Breathe for its crunchy sound and curling bass. Okay, sure, sometimes it's 'only' the technical side that creates this atmosphere for me.
There must be something athmospherical, because I use to scrap music that doesn't have anything binding me to it (like Fatboy Slim, it works for the moment, but I immediately forget about it a short while later).

Ride the snake
Tradition IS a tradition

des

Well yeh obviously everyone reacts and feels differently to different sounds,

The 4 kilos, skylined and claustrophobic sting are real atmospheric tracks due to the way they where produced, wasnt it liam that said he had a picture in his head for each one of these tracks and tried to recreate that picture through his music...3 kilos was a smoke filled room....perfect

I think this is why I like the 'little goblin' fill so much in the live sets....it was dark, murky and a real sence of paranoia....reminded me a bit of the jilted days

Fat boy slims music is fun to hear on a night out, nice breaks and some interesting samples...but nothing that connects you to it or makes you come back for more....music should be challenging some parts of FOTL are quite gritty and timeless....whilst some aren

Ekko

The 4 kilos, skylined and claustrophobic sting are real atmospheric tracks due to the way they where produced
Wow, you even added 1 kilo, that should keep us on it for aaaages...  ;D
Yes, I like those tracks very much as well, 3 Kilos is the ultimate party/goodmood-track.

Fat boy slims music is fun to hear on a night out, nice breaks and some interesting samples...but nothing that connects you to it or makes you come back for more....
He He, I just wrote nearly the same at the general talking-thread...

music should be challenging some parts of FOTL are quite gritty and timeless....whilst some aren
Tradition IS a tradition

des

The extra 1 kilo was for keef skint and his drug weilding ways  ;) yeh 3 kilos is a feelgood song, a real acid jazz vibe of it...when howlett was at the peak of his powers

Break N enter is sooooo good, words cant describe that track...the build up is just mindblowing...by the end of the track the Hairs on the back of my neck stand...and those beats, well what can I say...just genius

Its very hard not to talk about jilted...I think it was you who said it was the 'dirtiest shit around' which hit the nail on the head, even though I think the beastie boys check your head had that same vibe, raw as fuck, nothing compromising about it.

Wow, you even added 1 kilo, that should keep us on it for aaaages...

Ekko

The extra 1 kilo was for keef skint and his drug weilding ways
Tradition IS a tradition

des

It was like the typical morning pee pee, you get up, completely tired and when you stand in front of that bowl and hear the two liquids clashing against each other... man, that's wisdom!

Man thats some funny material, I hear yeh tho

I heard that tune so often, I didn't get fed up with it. There are only some parts in the track which are a bit unfitting but charming.

I can remember I got jilted the day of it release, I was so excited....when I was holding the cd for the first time I was trembling with excitment, as I listened to the intro I was thinking WTF is this? then next of all that distorted beat comes in, I just though oh my dear lord, things will never be the same...after been so use to frantic breaks of the experience era I though the mother ship had landed when I heard B&E, it was sooo aggresive but yet with more purpose than the experience breaks.....it really set the benchmark at the time

We should do a survey, 'which track offers the best beats?'.

Top idea, it would also be interesting to see who actually cares about the prodigy beat, if prodigy fans like to try split the track up, listen to each layer of sound, becuse that what I like to do

Yep, true, which again prooves that this damn old gear definitely kicks more asses than the smooth new digital stuff.
"I like my beats rough"... Kid Koala.

yeh me and my mate was only chatting about this a few nights ago, hes really big into his equipment, and the old Vs new came into the discussion, I think the old stuff came out on top

Ekko

I can absolutely second what you wrote about that
first-listening-expierience.
I was waiting for the album avidly, but I didn't knew when it came out, so I kept myself up with the Experience one.
After various regular spot checks I finally found it lying around on a shops counter were it was ready to be heard over headphones. So I rushed over, put the phones on, switched to track 2 (I had very less endurance, I wasn't in the mood for intros...) and BAM!
Okay, I think it's all too obvious, I don't need to tell anyone
how it felt, I think most of you went through about the same experience and you also explained it anyway.

Btw., you might have seen the thread here in the General-topic...

To that old vs new-stuff: It's really very clear, I think most artists would use the old analog stuff if they could afford it...
Tradition IS a tradition

ChemicaL

*emotionaly studying* a prodigy track, oh yeh man I can get really Deep with firstarter and BGAT, I can relate to the pain in keiths voice, them tracks really play
-=www.dirtchamber.org=-

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.