so sad.

Started by dessie, July 16, 2002, 02:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePunks

:-/

It seems to me that there are a lot of Prodigy fans in denial at the moment.

It's like alot of people talking about how AONO is going to be the bomb and how all the new fills are going to blossom into
great tracks , it's not happened before and it's not going to happen.

when liam has a killer track hes going to drop it
he's not saying "... I'll keep that one a secrect till the album drops..."  
The fact is in the past he always droped his best tracks live
except some collaborations with vocals

I think everyone should take stock of reality here
Liam said in the past that he wanted to write a full on
punk album , and i've a sneaking suspicion that this is the one

He's stopped using sample's the winning formula he's used for years, hence he has a lack of ideas and resorting to getting bogie riffs and lyrics from kieth.

I've been a fan for years now and at this stage I'm hoping that there will never be another Prodigy album

ThePunks

It's like alot of people talking about how AONO is going to be the bomb and how all the new fills are going to blossom into

The fact is in the past he always droped his best tracks live
except some collaborations with vocals

I think everyone should take stock of reality here
Liam said in the past that he wanted to write a full on
punk album , and i've a sneaking suspicion that this is the one

He's stopped using sample's the winning formula he's used for years, hence he has a lack of ideas and resorting to getting bogie riffs and lyrics from kieth.

I've been a fan for years now and at this stage I'm hoping that there will never be another Prodigy album

Arie

Who says it's going to be 'the bomb'? All I have heard is people saying that they hope that the new album will be good. No one knows, so all we can do is hope. You say that some fans are in denial, I say that like me they are just showing hope.

ThePunks

Who says it's going to be 'the bomb'? All I have heard is people saying that they hope that the new album will be good. No one knows, so all we can do is hope. You say that some fans are in denial, I say that like me they are just showing hope.

Out of the five or so tracks that liams talked about on the album I've herd 3 of them and the little jams or fills or whatever you want to call them they have all been below standards, BGAT has fallen out of the charts like a Richard Branson Balloon, so that should give you an idication of what people think about the new matirial

Sure, but he has only finished a few new tracks thus far so he has nothing to drop yet. Be patient for now I would say. If in half a year from now there are still not really more new live tracks, then you can start to worry I think.

Exactly he has nothing to drop

Could be. And so what? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. They make music for themselves, not for us really if you think so. For the moment the fact is that we don't know a thing, so all we can do is wait and see what will happen.

Gimmie a break here Arie, I repect you as a person and a Prodigy fan but if you swallow that "....make music for themselves...." line for one second then your as gullible as the next fool

He's trying to change directions apperantly. No one knows really yet how that will work out. All we can do is wait, but some people have no patience.

Read some of Liams recent quotes from interviews
My favorite is ".. every band has a bad album..."

You have only heard one single and already you make such remarks. You can't judge an album which isn't even finished by hearing one single.

And what an atrocious mess of an attempt to make music it was and No I didn't buy it!. It's the only Prodigy record i don't own.

I wish you could have seen kieths Pop star style ranting during breathe at witnness the other night it was pittyfull
for a band that once ruled the stage.

ThePunks

Out of the five or so tracks that liams talked about on the album I've herd 3 of them and the little jams or fills or whatever you want to call them they have all been below standards, BGAT has fallen out of the charts like a Richard Branson Balloon, so that should give you an idication of what people think about the new matirial

Sure, but he has only finished a few new tracks thus far so he has nothing to drop yet. Be patient for now I would say. If in half a year from now there are still not really more new live tracks, then you can start to worry I think.

Exactly he has nothing to drop

Could be. And so what? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. They make music for themselves, not for us really if you think so. For the moment the fact is that we don't know a thing, so all we can do is wait and see what will happen.

Gimmie a break here Arie, I repect you as a person and a Prodigy fan but if you swallow that "....make music for themselves...." line for one second then your as gullible as the next fool

He's trying to change directions apperantly. No one knows really yet how that will work out. All we can do is wait, but some people have no patience.

Read some of Liams recent quotes from interviews
My favorite is ".. every band has a bad album..."
You have only heard one single and already you make such remarks. You can't judge an album which isn't even finished by hearing one single.

And what an atrocious mess of an attempt to make music it was and No I didn't buy it!. It's the only Prodigy record i don't own.

I wish you could have seen kieths Pop star style ranting during breathe at witnness the other night it was pittyfull
for a band that once ruled the stage.

Acid_Twin

BGAT is old, even liam admitted that.....

I'm sure Breathe or SMBU, or was it firestarter? were fills at one point a i remember reading?

Punk sounds like desse, prolly same person.

Ahh well, its really narrow minded and sad your judging so early, but again if you dont like it dont listen to em.

Personally any style liam uses will be good, thankfully i'm open minded to all music tho.

-acid

ThePunks

BGAT is old, even liam admitted that.....

Yes only after it got annihilated by some credible journilist's and yes some bad journilist's

I can't see why you think BGAT is Old but could consider Trigger and Nuclear a step forward.

If liam put the lyrics to fuel my fire on Nuclear i would say it's a good remix of a bad tune, because that's all it sounds like is a variation of fuel my fire

I'm sure Breathe or SMBU, or was it firestarter? were fills at one point a i remember reading?

I don't think so i'd like to hear them! back then liam was sure of alot of his tracks but not all hence Serial Trilla! got tested
on the stage

Punk sounds like desse, prolly same person.

No im not Desse but like the aforementioned I am from Dublin

Ahh well, its really narrow minded and sad your judging so early, but again if you dont like it dont listen to em.

Narrow minded ? LOL
please read  your quote about me being des
::)

well I heard half of FOTL before it dropped and I had a clear indication of what the album would be like.

And I think the same can be said for AONNO
you'd think I enjoy hating the new material, the fact of the matter is i would like nothing more than to sit here typing about how great the new stuff is and how great the live shows were last week, but that's not the case.

Personally any style liam uses will be good

-acid

Read the narrow minded quote again!

Later

ThePunk

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.