The Prodigy 30 pcs sticker set

Big set of The Prodigy stickers. 15 different designs and total of 30 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 9 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

babys got a temper

Started by des, February 13, 2002, 05:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

What do you mean 'not every webmaster would give permission'? Are you a webmaster? I guess not, 'cause you don't know how it works mate!

Fact is, that I wanted to build up a site about synthies and my request for some pics was turned down two times.
That's how it worked for me, mate.

I understand too juGe's reaction, when a guy post in his forum words like:" www.brainkiller.it is the SHIT!" I know he felt sad about it, no doubt.

Why should he feel sad? Like you said, there's no competition or something.
In fact, if I'd have a major site about an artist, I'd be glad if I'd have a new 'colleague', since it doesn't mean that your hits would go down (and even if, who cares?), but that you can exchange and share information.

Anyway, this is the end of this post about my site and juGe's.
I'm glad you like BGAT, soon I'll put on my site 'Benny Blanco' played live @ Adelaide 2002.

I'm really looking forward to that,
cheers
Tradition IS a tradition

St8ofbass

Its a nice site, but its clearly ripped stuff from juge. its really annoying when people do this, but thats sampling culture for you. i've sat back and watched my books and features being borrowed from, reproduced and ripped endlessly. sometimes (v. rarely) people acknowedge the source. what bothered me about that other site was the way he took all of your comments eg the review of my book- which suggests that he hasn't actually read any of them. No problem here, but to pass off the review as your own is basically dishonest.
funnily enough its a review which i think is kinda misleading, but thats your opinion juge, so its valid. its not valid for others to adopt it as their own without putting any thought in to it themselves

Arie

http://www.brainkiller.it/prodigy/news/february20_2002.html

The text till the tracklisting is copied from me which I posted on this web site and several others, the tracklisting is taken from Neko's web site. The text underneath the tracklisting is from neither Neko nor me though.

In my humble opinion it is always nice and advisory to mention your sources in full. If you use material from others, then ask them, or at least credit them. If you 'steal' an idea, then you do not need to ask, but then credit for it still.

neko

i got quite used to having stuff ripped off from my site, altho in most cases if people actually ask i do give them permission. I really appreciate it if people ask actually. Sometimes it can be quite funny, like when last year Mixmag wrote an article about The Prodigy summer shows and quoted my "and we shoot you in the face" from Trigger (those 'lyrics' were a coomplete mistake by me). funny, but yet annoying as they of course wouldn't bother to print the URL.

I agree with Juge though, there is a need for people to come up with original material on their Prodigy web sites, rather than just copying stuff from everywhere. I mean, I've never even bothered to add a discography on my site cause there are so many (and a lot of good ones) out there already.

and no, i dont think that there is a 'competition', lets face it, no one of us make money out of this, and if i have 100 visitors more or less per day in the end doesnt make my life better or worse.

neko
www.nekosite.co.uk
www.prodigynews.co.uk

Arie

Looks to me here he does give credit where it is due.
http://www.brainkiller.it/prodigy/credits.html
The story about the tribute album is not credited anywhere for as far as I could see. I have seen quotes from me all over the Internet as well as at AMP-T, but very often there is no reference to me. Like Neko stated, I would prefer it if people would ask, or at least credit properly.

On a side note, I like the web site in question. On the other side again though there are some untrue things on there as well like the Minefields (Radio Edit) which it is not for instance, instead it is the Monkey Mafia Mix of Minefields as played by the Chemical Brothers on the radio once.

Firestarter

Again, don't get me wrong here, you've got a great site and without it I wouldn't have heard BGAT in good quality.

Seconds to fuckin THAT!!!

SweeT! "Shoot you down, shoot you down, shoot you down (keith raises his voice here ---->) WITH MY HEAD IN THE SKY!!! TRIGGA!!!

Sweet fuckin quality! Brainkiller don't get upset your site is SWEET!!! so is Juges and other prodigy fan sites! I'm happy that fans didn't lose their belief in prodigy and kept holding websites!!! I LOVE ProdiGY!

hey Ekko or Arie a little advice for me please? Now I know your answer would be somthing like say "Fuck off"
but these punks who know nothin bout Prodigy start bitching like "dwoooo prodigY! sux!" Now I say things like Shut the fuck up you know nothing about prodigy all you've heard is Firestarter and make fun of em"

But please help me on this. What should I say to totally fuck them off like shut their mouths up so they got nothin to say?
It might help ;)

wolf eater

Just tell them to fuck off or we are gonna come kick there fucking butt.

Arie

The quality of Babys Got A Temper on his web site isn't much better than the Pioneer one in my humble opinion. It sounds like it got extraced to Wave, adjusted the equilizer a bit and compressed is back to MP3 format. The Pioneer version sounded the same if you ask me.

Zed

The quality of Babys Got A Temper on his web site isn't much better than the Pioneer one in my humble opinion. It sounds like it got extraced to Wave, adjusted the equilizer a bit and compressed is back to MP3 format. The Pioneer version sounded the same if you ask me.

erm... Arie... I WISH I HAD AN EQUALIZER LIKE THAT!
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Arie

What I meant is the following. If I listen to the Pioneer version, then it doesn't sound great. That's why I try to get the best possible sound from the file and then it sounds reasonable. If I listen to the one on Brainkiller.it, then it sounds like how I listen to the Pioneer version. That's why my conclusion was that they sound the same to me. If you do not do anything about the sound of the Pioneer version, then yes, the other one sounds a lot better, but with some adjusting and filtering you can get a pretty decent sound from the Pioneer version too if you ask me. Don't understand me wrong, I'm happy with this cleaned up version on Brainkiller.it and I am not trying to bring that web site down at all.

Zed

dunno... if you ask me then i'll say that there is no any actual adjusting and filtering that will make Brainkiller's version from Pioneer's one. there is [in Brainkiller's version] some spectrum of high frequencies that can't be reconstructed from Pioneer's. if you try to equalize Pioneer's version that won't help to get what is absent at all. equalizing is a somekind of "smart amplifier", that's not a magic stick at all.
the only way where to get high frequencies back is resynthesis. that process means [here] "making up" high frequencies with using info about middle and low frequencies, that technology used in mp3pro coding. but there is no any other soft atm that use these algorithms. so, i can continue talk about it, but it's a deep technical stuff.. but it's a off topic in here.

Brainkiller

dunno... if you ask me then i'll say that there is no any actual adjusting and filtering that will make Brainkiller's version from Pioneer's one.
No, there is not. My version have nothing to do with the 'pioneer' version.
Respect.

Zed

My version have nothing to do with the 'pioneer' version.

i know, mate  ;)

what_evil_lurks

imo brainkiller has been very polite, hasn't he?

one of the things that I dislike the most of this forum is the extreme sense of competition among the posters, the unfriendly vibe... it doesn't happen always but many times...

respect, please.

by the way, I know that you're gonna piss me off but who cares?  ;)

baby's got a temper is pretty experimental, yeah, similar in a way to a b side like the trick... it would be nice like that.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.