The Prodigy ROCKS!

Started by The Prodigy, September 29, 2001, 11:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

Yes, right, it's not wrong to electronically punk.
But at the moment they are too pure punky.

No thing to discuss about, it's just a personal opinion.
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

Yeah.. I totally agree.. Liam can do better stuff than those two.. so I'm really looking forward.. I can't believe that those tracks are the best ones he has made in four years.. I personally think that he just won't play live any real killers cause then people are again setting up more and more pressures to he release the album. I think when the time is right he'll release the real killer single. And I don't think that nuclear will represent the whole style in that new album.. it's gonna be more funky.. I hope I hope..

It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

Yep, I'm also avidly looking forward to the upcoming single.
And even if I'm a little bit disappointed that it's not going to be 'No Souvenirs', I'm glad on the other side, since we now'll have some pure Howlettish shit to be released.

Mhhhhm.

Exactly. "Funky" is best fitting description I think.
Tradition IS a tradition

The Prodigy

Hi Juge!
You have the biggest and better fun Prodigy's site in the world, really!

wolf eater

I cant believe what im reading on this site this
is a PRODIGY FAN site isnt it?????????????
I dont even know what to write back because
I just dont believe it.
Im from New Zealand and I just found out that
The Prodigy are playing LIVE at the big day out
and along side them The Crystal Method.
Could things get any better?
Hopefully by the time The Prodigy come to play
for their REAL FANS they will have a few extras.
Now im off to some real fan sites!

Ekko

I cant believe what im reading on this site this
is a PRODIGY FAN site isnt it?????????????
I dont even know what to write back because
I just dont believe it.
Im from New Zealand and I just found out that
The Prodigy are playing LIVE at the big day out
and along side them The Crystal Method.
Could things get any better?
Hopefully by the time The Prodigy come to play
for their REAL FANS they will have a few extras.
Now im off to some real fan sites!

Hoho, you obviously understood a whole lot wrong in "being a real fan".
See, it does NOT mean to love everything the band does.
If they'd do a track without noise, YOU would surely love it, because it's so fucking extravaganca and  ... cool and... fresh!
But at the same moment you oversee that it's just total shit.

Else you did not seem like browsing very much here, since you obviously could'nt find what you were looking for?
("Real Fans", he? Good luck!)

And what exactly is it, that makes you not being able to write back because you're speechless?

Good bye wolf eater,
greetings, Ekko.
Tradition IS a tradition

wolf eater

Your SO easy you bitch.
what the fuck are you going on about?
Noise what? im talking about what they do
and its NOT noise it real fucking music so
if you dont like it go listen to your mum have
sex with your grandfather. Now thats what I
call noise!!!!
Ohhh I love nuclear

Ekko

No comment.
If you can't talk like a grown up it's absolutely your problem.
Bye.
Tradition IS a tradition

wolf eater

Good then.
Thats that.
I won.
hahaha  :P

Ekko

Hahaha, grow up boy. Get a life, mabye someone will talk to you then.
Ekko

P.s.: If you are here to "win" phrasing-battles or something, you are on the right way. Seems like you will knock out everyone here with your amazing powers.
Tradition IS a tradition

wolf eater

ohh you know me so well
maybe your right ill grow up
a little so i can be a dick like
you.
 :-*

Ekko

Tradition IS a tradition

wolf eater

Arie van der Wende

Wolf Eater, what I understood of your posting is the following:

I cant believe what im reading on this site this is a PRODIGY FAN site isnt it?????????????

You can't believe what some other fans have written; that the new tunes don't bring anything new, that Liam Howlett could have done better, that the music has been done before.

I dont even know what to write back because I just dont believe it.

You can't believe that the people who write that can call themselves fans. In your opinion they are slagging The Prodigy off, not giving them respect in any way.

Im from New Zealand and I just found out that The Prodigy are playing LIVE at the big day out and along side them The Crystal Method. Could things get any better?

Nothing to 'translate' here (excuse the use of the word 'translate' but I don't know how else to call it; I'm not English from origin). Obviously you're happy to see The Prodigy coming your way.

Hopefully by the time The Prodigy come to play for their REAL FANS they will have a few extras. Now im off to some real fan sites!

You say that Jussi's web site (on which we are browsing right now) isn't a real Prodigy fan web site. You think that the people hanging out here slag The Prodigy off and don't act as fans. You say that you will leave this web site and go to some web sites where they don't slag The Prodigy off, where they act like real fans.

Did I understand your posting correctly Wolf Eater?

I'm doing this 'translation' to show where the communication went wrong between you and some others (mainly Ekko). I want to clearify the opinion of Ekko, my own opinion and the opinion of some others here apperantly.

In my opinion the two new Prodigy tunes offer nothing new. The tunes sound quite like The Fat Of The Land. There aren't a lot of new elements in the new music (till now). It has been done before as some people say.

Till now Prodigy always advanced, know what I mean? From The Prodigy Experience to Music For The Jilted Generation. And from there to The Fat Of The Land. Then Liam Howlett treated us on The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One which was a brilliant mix if you ask me.

But the two new tunes don't sound completely new compared to the big steps The Prodigy took in their previous work. They always changed certain elements in their music and now they kind of stick to their old style. Nothing really new anymore, nothing as progressing as their previous work.

You see this as slagging The Prodigy off as I understand it. Maybe I understand you wrong, then please let us know! But what is a fan? Do you have to like every single tune they make? Do you always have to defend them and are you never allowed to have some form of critisism on their work?

As some people know, I collect Prodigy. I have a fairly nice collection I would say. I call myself a fan. I've been a fan since 1992 when I first heard G-Force (Energy Flow). But above you can read my own opinion about their two new tunes. I stand up for my own opinion, I don't let myself be influenced by the crowd.

You have your own opinion, Ekko has his/hers, all the others here have an opinion too. I respect the opinion of everyone of them. I hope that you will do that too. Ekko respects yours too for as far as I can tell.

What Ekko wrote is that if The Prodigy would release a tune with only noise, then you would probably say 'great!'. Ekko did not say that The Prodigy produce noise in any way. I'm afraid that you understand that part wrong.

What Ekko means by this is that you seem to be the person who likes everything The Prodigy releases. You can't seem to believe that other people have some critisism about the new tunes. But can you understand that a lot of fans think that the new music has been done before? That it doesn't offer anything new?

I'm not saying that you can't have your own opinion. Please, have your own opinion and be proud of it! But try to respect the opinion of others too. Even better, try to find out why other people have a certain opinion. Like now, why do we say that the new tunes offer almost nothing new?

I hope this clears up this situation a bit. Please don't slag other fans off. Don't swear, it's childish. And that goes not to you, but to everyone! Treat each other with respect. If you don't agree with someone, then fine, but don't start swearing since it doesn't help at all.

And now I have to get back to work; I think I wrote enough again!

Cheers,

Arie
www.the-prodigy.org

wolf eater

fuck you
who asked you?
the prodigy have advanced
what you dont like the new shit?
if i wanted to talk to my mother i
would of phoned her. you sound
like a bitch.
dont tell me what to do
i do what the fuck i want.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.