The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

back to ohm plugins...

Started by Zed, May 05, 2002, 11:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zed

okay, first of all, there is their web site http://www.ohmforce.com

i've downloaded and tried their "delay" and "hematohm" plugins... sounds pretty cool that hematohm thing gives pretty weird and deep sounds... definitely will be used in new tsd album...
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Ekko

Superb, thanx for the info.

Definetly one of the coolest software-fx programmers.
Well, no, I think they are the coolest. Good designed, easy to learn & use and weird shite comes out.
Have you got the full version of the Hematohm?

A damn pity that you can't sync the LFO of the delay to midi-clock, it always jumps off the timing here. Fucking Latency

Greetings
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

Have you got the full version of the Hematohm?
yeh, i've got paradox version ;)

dunno, try to take it here, but the server is overloaded all the time... dunno why ;)

http://files.soundstudio.ru/uploads/OhmBoyz%20Hematohm%20v1.0%20DX.zip
http://files.soundstudio.ru/uploads/OhmBoyz%20Hematohm%20v1.0%20VST.zip

QuoteA damn pity that you can't sync the LFO of the delay to midi-clock, it always jumps off the timing here. Fucking Latency

yeh, that latency buffering is ass-ache some times... and especially when there is a software bug... i remember some synth set the default latency time every time you're changing a preset.. that defauld was something like 1 second...

Ekko

Oh great, hands up for Paradox!

1 second? That's hard man, under Cubase and Nuendo I have about 260ms (Keyboard to softsynth) and it freakes me out so bad...
I thought of purchasing a low-latency audiocard, but those pals are very expensive, even if they're second hand.
Anyway, with one of those I could get it under 10ms, which would be perfect, since you really can't hear a delay anymore, in fact, many hardware synthies have a latency (key trigger to audio-output) of about 12ms...

Thanx for the link!
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

well.. 1 second or something IIRC, but that made me mad, you know, i'm playing faster than it gives sounds, and that ruins all my playing and stuff.... argh.... *cough*

but usually i set 50 - 100 ms, that gives me clickless sound.

i dunno about hardware latency time a lot, it's just not interesting for me much, dunno why.... maybe it's because i'm so poor that i can't even buy a ticket for a bus... dunno..  :)

i just bought second hand midi keyboard "miditech midistudio 49" for $100... that has ruined my budget.. the funny thing is that i bought it in moscow, but i live in surgut, i had to use my friend Yourez who study in Moscow, but he can't send me the keyboard, so, Smith who also study in Moscow will use it there instead me... argh... god damn, what a fucking life... i can't get even stupid midi keyboard properly here because i'm fucking poor.... so, stupid...

Ekko

Okay, that really is shitty, don't know how you could manage that as well, I guess postal delivery is somewhat expensive in Russia, eh?

It's hard for most people to imagine how it's really like to live over there, I think.
If you had enough money, would you move to a different country? Or at least to moscow?
I mean, how much are you bound to your country, mentally?
Natalia, my workmate was born & raised in moscow and moved away from there when she was 11, IIRC.
She told me that she somehow misses Russia a lot, because over here everything is different (okay, maybe you are more set financial and it's a bit warmer here), but she doesn't feel too right here.
She's got that really cool robuste humour and that totally rough and edgy voice, maaaaan, that girl used to twist my head so bad... errrrmmm, anyway, what did I want to say..?

What I think is, that many people don't like to talk about things like this, because they don't know how to behave.
If they'd say "Dude, I'm so sorry for you, living in Russia", then they might think they do an insult on you, because they somehow 'reduce' your country to something they wouldn't like to live in.

If they'd say nothing about it, they might seem like they would be ignoring you.
And if they were like "It's not that bad, man!", they might seem like they don't know shit or just don't care.

I could imagine that many people try to avoid talking about material things. You know, like "look what I've bought yesterday" or "I've been searching for this focking egg-warmer for ages, and now I've really found it, it only cost me 70000 bucks".

I think we all should move into a nice house somewhere in the caribic and grow our own vegetables and food in a nice garden outside. Then we have a musicians corner where people build beats and stuff, then the collections corner where other ones are collecting and cleaning their stuff and a listening-corner where all the babes hang around, waiting for the guys to come down to go over into the cooking-section to make meal.

Please put your names onto the list if you're in mates...
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

Okay, that really is shitty, don't know how you could manage that as well, I guess postal delivery is somewhat expensive in Russia, eh?

no, it's not about money here... it's about trust. nobody actuallu trust to postal delivery. and it's madness to send any of electronic or expensive things with postal delivery.

QuoteIt's hard for most people to imagine how it's really like to live over there, I think.
If you had enough money, would you move to a different country? Or at least to moscow?
yes, i would like to get out of here. dunno, i can't see any actual ways to do this. maybe one day, i'll just go out to walk and won't comeback to home.

QuoteI mean, how much are you bound to your country, mentally?
Natalia, my workmate was born & raised in moscow and moved away from there when she was 11, IIRC.
She told me that she somehow misses Russia a lot, because over here everything is different (okay, maybe you are more set financial and it's a bit warmer here), but she doesn't feel too right here.
you mean how does it feels like to be a russian?

russia is weirdest place. i aslo feel many weird things in me. of course, i'm tired to be poor, i'm tired to live in a dirt. a part of me wants to move to other country with "normal" life, another part of me knows there (in other country) will be boring for me a bit. you know, sometimes i think russia is another planet. yes, i used to be a total loser here; yes, i'm poor; but, i feel things russia gave me instead money and stuff. i'm russian, but you can't say i'm boring, you can't say i'm stupid, of course you don't know me personally, you've never heard my russian, but if you ever see me, you'll understand what i'm talking about. yes, i'm very bound to my country, but i hate many things that going on here. and now i want to find a way to make myself totally independent in all senses.

QuoteWhat I think is, that many people don't like to talk about things like this, because they don't know how to behave.
If they'd say "Dude, I'm so sorry for you, living in Russia", then they might think they do an insult on you, because they somehow 'reduce' your country to something they wouldn't like to live in.
If they'd say nothing about it, they might seem like they would be ignoring you.
And if they were like "It's not that bad, man!", they might seem like they don't know shit or just don't care.
yeh, i know that thing very well... i remember got something like "yeh, man, it seems like you're in a deep shit, but keep fight, yeh, but, i don't want talk to you, get lost."
actually, it's weird that so many people don't know the meaning of "support" word. yes, i'm in a deep shit, but i'll never ask "hello, please gimme some money".

I think we all should move into a nice house somewhere in the caribic and grow our own vegetables and food in a nice garden outside. Then we have a musicians corner where people build beats and stuff, then the collections corner where other ones are collecting and cleaning their stuff and a listening-corner where all the babes hang around, waiting for the guys to come down to go over into the cooking-section to make meal.
hmm, maybe you're right. at least i wanna to where i'll it be in a safety and in a peace of mind. because here i've ruined my health and whole the nervous system.

p.s. one day it will be like it should be...

Ekko

Well, that thing with the trust and the post is really a hinderance. It seems the only chance is to wait for smith (or someone else from Moscow) to come over and bring the kb?

yeh, i know that thing very well... i remember got something like "yeh, man, it seems like you're in a deep shit, but keep fight, yeh, but, i don't want talk to you, get lost."

Yeah, that's typically human kind.
I use to have a little nerv-disease, and the only shit you hear when someone asks you why you're jumpy as fuck or fell asleep in the tram once again is stuff like "Oh, okay, sorry then. Can I get infected by that?"
No. It's a damn NERV-disease.

In first place they don't give a shit about you and most of them are about as smart as a stone.

If you find a way to get more independent, then tell me and I'll find a good mansion to execute the plan...
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

Well, that thing with the trust and the post is really a hinderance. It seems the only chance is to wait for smith (or someone else from Moscow) to come over and bring the kb?
yeh, or maybe some one of kindred will come from there.. dunno... but Smith and Yourez will come this summer, july or something...

actually, Surgut isn't so small, and not so poor, the problem, nobody wants to transport and sell here something that no one could buy. any of musical/electronic stuff is too expensive, prices are just over the top. you know, i was in Surgut's music store, there is some stuff like "Korg" with N-number of instruments without any synthesis, or just grand piano for $20000, or some mixer for $4000... anyway, i know a lot of local musicians, maybe bands even, but there play for nothing in some dirty and stinky basements, where you can't breathe, they just play for themselves, no one knows them, they even have not got any band name because they have not any even hope to get out of the shit. but they plays, and some of them plays pretty cool... so, life is so...

QuoteIf you find a way to get more independent, then tell me and I'll find a good mansion to execute the plan...
yeh, sure, man, if i find a way to get... then....

btw, i'm just wondering how many musicians at the board? how many of them knows/uses modules/trackers? i just got some stuff/links/info/thoughts about it sometimes and dunno should i post about it here...

Ekko

I was in Surgut's music store, there is some stuff like "Korg" with N-number of instruments without any synthesis, or just grand piano for $20000, or some mixer for $4000...
Making music is (-if you wanna use hardware-) the most expensice hobby I could think about. Okay, some peeps collect poststamps for a few thousand quid, but that's just plain mad...
I always start to shake like crazy when I see those phat synthies in the stores, all the huge mixers and so on.
I mean, I see and use this stuff all day at school, I know most machines inside out, but it's different when you see that gear in a STORE, where you could BUY it and really take it HOME to USE it. Pheew, when I'm finally rich someday, I'll buy every focking instrument on this planet just to look at it and touch it and sneak around it, hold it in my arms when I go to bed and kiss it goodbye when I leave at morning just to give it a warm "Hiiii, I'm back, darling!" when I come home in the evening.
I don't need or want a damn Ferrari, I want a corner full of electrosmog, full of energy, full of keyboards and compressors and everything.
Got carried away again, man, I really have to control myself a bit already.

btw, i'm just wondering how many musicians at the board? how many of them knows/uses modules/trackers? i just got some stuff/links/info/thoughts about it sometimes and dunno should i post about it here...
Just try out. The Musicians / Equipment-section is lame as hell anyway at the moment.
I've got a couple of good links too, we could share knowledge and maybe soon some people will turn up who'll join into the section.
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

QuotePheew, when I'm finally rich someday, I'll buy every focking instrument on this planet just to look at it and touch it and sneak around it, hold it in my arms when I go to bed and kiss it goodbye when I leave at morning just to give it a warm "Hiiii, I'm back, darling!" when I come home in the evening.
I don't need or want a damn Ferrari, I want a corner full of electrosmog, full of energy, full of keyboards and compressors and everything.
oh yeah, i'm trying to imagine my midi keyboard... very very far... Smith's arms goes lower and lower... ARGH! *cough* god damn, i'm so jealous atm! god, help me, dude!

QuoteJust try out. The Musicians / Equipment-section is lame as hell anyway at the moment.
ok, YOU said that. gotta spam out a bit at your territory

Ekko

oh yeah, i'm trying to imagine my midi keyboard... very very far... Smith's arms goes lower and lower... ARGH! *cough* god damn, i'm so jealous atm! god, help me, dude!

I know that feeling and lemme tell you: You have to stop fantasizing when you catch yourself rubbing at the radiator, trying to simulate the feel of the cold flawless metal a nice jp8080 is made of, mhhhhm... blue painted metal, so smooth, mhhm...uh yeah, that is so good darling...

ok, YOU said that. gotta spam out a bit at your territory
Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.