The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

The Prodigy songs you don't like

Started by Breathe_with_me, November 12, 2001, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

Aiiii
what is wrong with 3 Kilos??
It's the Prodigy-party-session track itself, everybody is freaking out when it plays...

And The Trick, it's nice, not? Construction-style like Molotov Bitch.

But, I know, every taste is different

P.S.: I very much loved the sweet synth-line in that Jesus Jones rmx, anyone else in here who did? Maybe?
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

The Trick is kind of like a follow up to Molotov Bitch, but then again obviously different. I prefer Molotov Bitch, but The Trick is good too. I don't think it's a bad tune at all. The same goes for 3 Kilos. Now that's what I call a good track. It remembers me of the A-Team soundtrack, anyone else who thinks that too? It has a good style. Wouldn't want to hear a whole album like that, but that goes for every tune of course. I like it a lot.

Rip Up The Sound System is less, yes. I had forgotten about this track for a second. It's okay, but not great. It's no wonder that they cut it off the Everybody In The Place single, but I wonder why they kept it on the vinyl? Well, for as far as I know the story is something like this: they released the 5-track, but XL normally doesn't do 5-tracks, so they took it back replacing it with the 4-track. But why would they do that if they would really like the tune? Any ideas anyone? Also, if you look at The Prodigy Experience: Expanded, which is a great release by the way although it still doesn't offer anything new..., you will see that RUTSS is missing on there as well. Maybe for a reason...?

antz

Its not worth asking me why I hate 3Kilos (I just do) although its the only album track I hate.

I don't like The Trick because of the piono riff & its just a simple track with simple beats...

Rip Up The... I hate cos of the vocals (the bits with Simone & the sampled ones...)

Ekko

Yeah, you're right, it doesn't do much asking why anyone doesn't like a track, but I'd like to shortly explain why I like The Trick, because this time it is little different.

The Pianoriff isn't too clever, right, the beats are okay, nothing earth shattering but they just *sound* good in my ears, I like the *sound* of the track.
Same for Molotov Bitch, it's not that musical masterpiece but good engineered anyway, it shows the tight and neat production work of Mr. H. (or Mr. M.)
Tradition IS a tradition

fj

"Me" hate the trick. its too bloody slow and is really the opoisite of what the prodigy is usaually about

well thats what i think anyway

what_evil_lurks

definitelty I don't agree with you arie, expanded is a load of shit! and why do I say this so bravely,you might wonder... 8) 8)it's just because they (xl or someone) didn't introduce anything new on it,ok, they remark that the songs have been remastered.. so what? I can't see the point there,the cd2 does not offer anything innovating.the facts are these:
they could have included at least one track from the what evil lurks e.p. ever on cd, and they lost the chance,they did not include on cd2 a track previously released only on vinyl (for instance,fire (burning version), they chose the edit which is already available on the cd single)
rip up the sound system should have been also included there, why not? it's a track which personaly I like (it's sounds similar to crazy man) ans it has never been released on cd except for a few weeks in early 92.
all the u.s remixes are forgotten (well, most of them do not deserve to be there anyway) .
so, you can guess how much I despise that release that I decided not to buy expanded,they have not been clever cause if they would have included something original (like those tracks I mentioned above) I would have bought it as fast as fuck.
thanks for your attention :P
ps.-I've realized that no one has mentioned rock 'n' roll in this forum yet!! do you think that liam intended to release that track sometime or just he used it as a live track and no more???? ???

Arie

definitelty I don't agree with you arie, expanded is a load of shit! and why do I say this so bravely,you might wonder... 8) 8)it's just because they (xl or someone) didn't introduce anything new on it,ok, they remark that the songs have been remastered.. so what? I can't see the point there,the cd2 does not offer anything innovating.
That's what I wrote as well, the release doesn't offer anything new, but still these two silver discs offer a lot of great Prodigy tracks, all in one handy package.

Quotethe facts are these:
they could have included at least one track from the what evil lurks e.p. ever on cd, and they lost the chance,they did not include on cd2 a track previously released only on vinyl (for instance,fire (burning version), they chose the edit which is already available on the cd single)
I've said it before and I will say it again, I'm not for releasing any What Evil Lurks tracks again in any way. And Xl-Recordings seems to agree with my point of view. The Burning Version of Fire is available on CD, just not on a Prodigy-only release.

rip up the sound system should have been also included there, why not? it's a track which personaly I like (it's sounds similar to crazy man) ans it has never been released on cd except for a few weeks in early 92.
I'm not the biggest fan in the world of RUTSS, but it would have been nice to have it on there indeed. However, like I wrote before they didn't cut it from EITP for no reason. They probably had a reason as well not to put it on Expanded.

Quoteall the u.s remixes are forgotten (well, most of them do not deserve to be there anyway) .
Almost all U.S. remixes are less then the original tunes and I think it's good that they didn't put those on Expanded.

Quoteso, you can guess how much I despise that release that I decided not to buy expanded,they have not been clever cause if they would have included something original (like those tracks I mentioned above) I would have bought it as fast as fuck.
The release offers nothing new, but is still a nice item. If you already own all tracks and if that is the only reason to buy it, then don't buy it. If you collect all this like me, then it's another item for the collection which is always nice ;) Also, if you just want to have all tunes on one handy release, buy it.

Quoteps.-I've realized that no one has mentioned rock 'n' roll in this forum yet!! do you think that liam intended to release that track sometime or just he used it as a live track and no more???? ???
Rock 'n' Roll was meant as a live track. I don't think that it would be so great as a studio recording as it would be live. A track like Gabba is good as well, but also only live. It has that certain energy feel over it when performed live, I think it would lack that when it would be a studio recording.

what_evil_lurks

I understand your point of view because you want to collect all the items possible, I like also collecting prodigy items but I'm more focused only in the tunes :).
you said that fire burning vewrsion is already available on cd, where?? note that I only refer to official releases, I don't like bootlegs (I only have one-electronic punks,released 1996).
maybe the only us remix that would have deserved to be included on expanded is charly-beltram says mix, but it's just my opinion.

Arie

Quoteyou said that fire burning vewrsion is already available on cd, where?? note that I only refer to official releases, I don't like bootlegs (I only have one-electronic punks,released 1996).
It's available on a Move The House compilation and is indeed official. Check out my web site for all available Prodigy tracks on official releases and where to find them => www.the-prodigy.org

You mention a Electronic Punks bootleg, can you tell more about that?

Kvagga

Back to the original question... I've never liked Diesel Power. It has good beats, but I've never been into rap that much. Also I don't like almost any of the mixes of Everybody In The Place. The first one (on the What Evil Lurks EP) is the best IMHO. And remixes (by other than Mr. H.) are almost never as good as the originals.

PoisoN

definitelty I don't agree with you arie, expanded is a load of shit!
:o

I think that Expanded is great CD for people who are just starting listening Prodigy (IN US)....
(((I GOT THE POISON!)))

Arie

I think that Expanded is great CD for people who are just starting listening Prodigy (IN US)....
People who never bought any older work by Prodigy might like this item indeed since it gives them a chance to listen to their older work for little money compared to what they would have to pay for all the singles separately. It gives them a chance to hear how Prodigy 'grew' to what they are today. The music on there is a piece of history really :)

Inflicted

Some of the remixes on Expanded i dont like (G-Force and weather experiance)
I cant falt any other tracks done by the prodigy. My favourited include...
Weather experiance (Experiance)
Their Law (live)
SMBU
One Man Army
Hyperspeed
ETC...
Inflicted

One Man Army

I don't like "your love"!
it suck ass!!

and what the fuck is all the "firestarter" bashing i see here?? are you people out of your mind?!?!?! i don't know what it is that you smoking but anyway STOP IT!!

firestarter is one of the most powerful and kick ass prodigy songs ever made!! it have so much power in it.. and the vox are KILLER!

Ekko

and what the fuck is all the "firestarter" bashing i see here?? are you people out of your mind?!?!?! i don't know what it is that you smoking but anyway STOP IT!!
firestarter is one of the most powerful and kick ass prodigy songs ever made!! it have so much power in it.. and the vox are KILLER!

Please Senore, we don't need another "ThisTrackKixxAssBecause" and "WhyCan'tYouUnderstandThatItRocks"-discussion no more.
It's a question of taste, so don't waste your time explaining that to you it's the best/worth track ever or something.
We're spammed with that stuff already

Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.