Hey it's the same beat! Isn't it?

Started by Firestarter, March 27, 2002, 08:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firestarter

Out of Space and Firestarter (empirion mix) have the same beats I can't describe because there are lots of beats in it. But if you comapre them and listen carefully there is the same sample of the same one beat. :D :D

Arie

And parts of Crazy Man can be found in Smack My Bitch Up.
Liam Howlett is getting very lazy.

;)

Ekko

Yeah yeah, and he always uses the same string sounds
Tradition IS a tradition

Firestarter

Pardon me for asking, Ekko but what is a string sound? How does it sound. Name me the track and the exact time where i can hear it. ;D

neko

the Empirion mix was obviously not done by Liam, but by Empirion
www.nekosite.co.uk
www.prodigynews.co.uk

antz (too lazy to login)

the Empirion mix was obviously not done by Liam, but by Empirion

Well duh! :)

Ekko

Pardon me for asking, Ekko but what is a string sound? How does it sound. Name me the track and the exact time where i can hear it. ;D

Strings are sorts of instruments which have -well, strings.
Violins/fiddles or mandolins for example are string-played instruments.
Of course Liam isn't standing in his studio, playing the violin to some breakneck-beats, he uses technical equipment for that and plays them in per keyboard.
Strings from the box, if you want.

Knowing this, you should be able to find some strings anywhere on the albums.

Take Break & Enter, time 1:41, there's a warm sound coming in, you might find it sounds like being in the background.
Oh no, sorry, that's a pad, no strings.
Pads are nearly the same and sometimes you can't say whether you hear a pad or a string.
But mostly pads are broader even when played single (to thicken up the athmosphere, you usually layer strings, Climbatize for example has some very broad strings at the beginning, I think it goes up to at least 6 notes played at once. Some lower ones to make the ground and some to fill the height).
And pads are often more interesting, they do not only consist of the main-string/athmo, they mostly deliver some other little sounds and noises as well.

But those strings Liam always used up to the FOTL, they come from the U-220 (not worth a penny nowadays, it has a noise level like the Niagara-falls and is the most silly to be programmed synthie ever... well, at least it comes close).
Tradition IS a tradition

Firestarter

I got you Ekko, to make it all short you should've said "Trigger" ;D

Ekko

I got you Ekko, to make it all short you should've said "Trigger" ;D

Not to dissapoint you, buuuut...
As far as I can hear, there are no strings or pads in Trigger,
maybe you mean that stuff at the beginning, but that's something different. And those other deep long ones are just bass-sounds, no pads.

If you listen carefully, you can catch some of Liams typical strings in Nuclear though. At 4:52 there's a silent bright string coming in.
Tradition IS a tradition

Firestarter

I'm sorry guys! :o I found out that it's not the beat in those tracks it's my speakers doing some kind of reflect after a certain beat that was sampled in both of those tracks. I fiund out about it. It's not in only those 2 tracks  I played like 3 diff techno songs or tunes. Planet Rock [Swordfish Mix], Noctunral Transmission, Release Yo' Delf.....and the same kind of beat appeared each time. :(

Sorry guys.

Faust

Ekko you foowel, what you talking about? Of course there are strings in Trigger! Almost the whole track infact... the distorted violin sound? Although I'd say it's more likely a sample as opposed to a synth ;)

Ekko

Ekko you foowel, what you talking about? Of course there are strings in Trigger! Almost the whole track infact... the distorted violin sound? Although I'd say it's more likely a sample as opposed to a synth ;)

Mhm, I'd say it WAS a string, but try to layer this one, you'd get a nice pap.
Also, compare this one to the ones we talked about above,
it's definitely NOT the one he always uses, you know, from the U220.

Yep, seems like a sample to me too. Sounds reversed.

Happy post-eastern everyone
Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.