The Prodigy 30 pcs sticker set

Big set of The Prodigy stickers. 15 different designs and total of 30 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 9 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

wicked questions

Started by .:LiamB:., January 05, 2002, 03:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:LiamB:.

holla!
I have some questions:
1. Wher I can download (or find in other source than net) Breezeblock Sessions (yeah, I know - someone asked this:P), Dirtchamber Sessions Vol.1 Promo, 'Diesel Power (Dirtchamber mix)', 'Funky Shit (Dirtchamber mix)', other songs whit sticker 'made in Dirtchamber Studio (L.H.)' and some parts (or full) L. Howlett's DJsets?
2. Whata' f'k? Am I rely one, true HipHop follower 'hear'? Yo, Prodigy is band with HipHop roots! Experience-era is just one, great and endless break beat, and mention 'Poison', 'Diesel Power', 'Funky Shit'... Many breakz, samples, on-stage behavioure came straight from oldskool - scratchin', dancin', MCn'. Prodigy create their own secret technique - fat and dirty illpunkhiphapelectrostyle:) and this is what I like and what I need (addict:P)!
I wrote this opinion cuz nobody on this board didin't write about HipHop - the influence... Yeah, I see this total disagreement but I don't givva' f'k:P yo pace to all punk, teknomaniakz and otherz!
3. Ekko wattzap? Music! Response! (anyway - thanx for help!)
once again big respect to all Prodigy folowers out there! keap the core!
salute!

Arie

What a great subject you have come up with; very clear, understandable and very relevant to the posting itself... Please post clear topics instead of topics like 'yo!', 'check this!', et cetera.

1. Wher I can download (or find in other source than net) Breezeblock Sessions (yeah, I know - someone asked this:P),
You seem to mean the original radio show. There is no online source I know off where you can download this from in a complete form. If I'm not mistaken parts where available in the past on Sentinel's FTP server.

Dirtchamber Sessions Vol.1 Promo
Which promotional copy do you mean? There are several ones available. I assume you mean the one containing the original mix. This mix is unfortunately impossible to download. The few people who have this mix have no intention to put it online. Kristian Kotta has uploaded the intro to the mix once, you can probably still find it somewhere. Otherwise you can always ask him about it I assume.

'Diesel Power (Dirtchamber mix)',
Try a search engine. Sorry that I can't be of any help with this one. I know that I found it myself at first online via a search engine, so the chance is big that this is still possible.

'Funky Shit (Dirtchamber mix)',
This track does not exist I'm afraid. It might be a fan remix though, but there is no official remix with this name.

other songs whit sticker 'made in Dirtchamber Studio (L.H.)'
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Can you please explain yourself?

and some parts (or full) L. Howlett's DJsets?
Neko used to have several DJ sets by Liam Howlett online. You can ask her about it I assume. I don't know about any other web site at current who offers these files for download or any other DJ sets by Liam.

2. Whata' f'k? Am I rely one, true HipHop follower 'hear'?
Nowadays people call a lot of styles hip hop. A lot of R 'n' B bands are said to produce hip hop music. I personally like the old hip hop music. What people call hip hop music nowadays is what I call popular music, R 'n' B and absolute sh*t (sorry for my bad language). But we should continue this discussion about hip hop in the General Discussion section I think.

Ekko

You seem to mean the original radio show. There is no online source I know off where you can download this from in a complete form. If I'm not mistaken parts where available in the past on Sentinel's FTP server.

If the Breezeblock-session was really like the DCS but just differently intro'ed, I can offer a faked one.
I just cutted and pasted the radio-intro onto the DCS, it's quite okay, but with the radio part you'd have to bear minimal static.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Can you please explain yourself?

I guess he meant if there were made anymore songs at Liams Dirtchamber than those we know.

But nobody else than Liam and co enters it, to do some serious sound there. Neill maybe. But that should be it. Okay, shit, count the guest-stars too, but no one else.

And yepp, I'm going to reply soon, (didn't forgetya,) but it was sooo much, I dunno were to start. Don't worry.

Seeya
Tradition IS a tradition

LiamB

yeah, sorry 4 this topic but...
and pleas write "HipHop" with capital leter and as a whole word
it's kinda' thing we can do to show our respect!
Thanx 4 da info!

Arie

and pleas write "HipHop" with capital leter and as a whole word
it's kinda' thing we can do to show our respect!
What you mean by 'we' is probably people who listen to that style of music in general, that is how they write it, right? I will look it up in the dictionary once and that is how I will write it. I'm not a part of the 'clan' and I don't respect everyone who makes (in my humble opinion the real) 'HipHop'. I respect all artists in the way they deserve, I do not show respect to a music style in general. Anyway, that's my opinion. I don't mean it bad by the way. And you're welcome about the answers and all.

Rhythm X

I agree with .:LiamB:.!!!

Most of the prodigy tunes are influenced bij oldskool hiphop tunes or contains hiphop samples!!! So i agree, that the Prodigy has oldskool hiphop roots!!!

Proof:
Listen to the Ultramagnetic mc's "Critical Beatdown" album(for those who do not know: it's an Oldskool hiphop group,featuring Kool Keith(Dieselpower)!!! Most of the tracks on fat of the land are influenced by Critical Beatdown!!! Smack my bitch up, funky shit, Dieselpower, Narayan, Climbatize and serial thrilla.
Listen to the Critical Beatdown album and you will agree with me that the instrumental parts of the Fat of the land tracks(without the guitars of course!!!!!) are influenced by Critical Beatdown.

Antoher thing....if you listen to this cd, you wil notice some samples and vocals that are also heard on the experience album!!!!

Or.....listen to the dirtchambers sessions, most songs are oldskool hiphop tracks!!!

later!!!

Ekko

Proof:
Listen to the Ultramagnetic mc's "Critical Beatdown" album(for those who do not know: it's an Oldskool hiphop group,featuring Kool Keith(Dieselpower)!!! Most of the tracks on fat of the land are influenced by Critical Beatdown!!! Smack my bitch up, funky shit, Dieselpower, Narayan, Climbatize and serial thrilla.
Listen to the Critical Beatdown album and you will agree with me that the instrumental parts of the Fat of the land tracks(without the guitars of course!!!!!) are influenced by Critical Beatdown.

Sure, no one denied the influence, as Liam also stated that he used breakbeat-portions in some songs.
But where does Narayan, Climbatize and Serial Thrilla carry influences or even samples within?
I don't think every track is influenced by the Ultras.

Greetz
Tradition IS a tradition

LiamB

yeah, don't forget James Bond serie! 8)

Ekko

Right, as well as all the horror-movies and the typical old
70's Funk records or modern Rockbands like RATM and company.
Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.