BGAT single on Radio Mafia

Started by Poisoner, May 09, 2002, 10:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie riddler

-----------------
it is helter skelter
-----------------

Zed

48 secs of 32 kbps real audio...  i won't comment any music recorded in that way. at least that would be disrespect towards the author.

if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Ekko

48 secs of 32 kbps real audio...
Tradition IS a tradition

kenzie

i thinks Liam used Diesel Power beat to steer it away from sounding too rocky. Check BDO version of BGAT- it's sorta like the snares are recorded live - like those 80's rock shit.
you've got to open up your eyes and see the light

kenzie

as soon as that get rid of the stupid edit
it will sound wicked

mmm...why do they have to censor rohepnol ... it's not like the word itself is a bad word is it? Probably the overall message that could be bad...

But i remember ST8ofBASS saying people will misundastand Keith..what do you think the lyrics mean...

please...somebody post the lyrics up i'm too lazy to write them down myself...

oh and ST8ofBASS...how close is Sakus version to the real thing\?????
you've got to open up your eyes and see the light

Sport

I think the main problem is that the song is too much
based on the vocals and or on the lyrics.
(The track is built around the text)
In the earlier songs the lyrics were just a supplement to
the beats and not the main theme.

Zed

QuoteWell, then you better check out SakuS 192kbps unstreamed version instead :-)

Ekko, don't be so naive, i bet i got the track before you did ;)

you wanted to know my opinion... okaaaay..... *burb*

let's do some anlysis of the track. (like you did, Ekko, btw how is your headache? ;) )

okay, there is what i can say about that:

1. the man who did the track is a professional.
2. the man who did the track seems Liam Howlett, because there are everywhere his signatures, i.e. halftone sliding
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

miwant

i have been listening to the lyrics and i kinda like them a lot  :D

the only comment i got this far on this song is the firestarter sample in the beginning...like liam wants to say: hey it's still us, the prodigy!  ???
let the ant rule your life!

miwant

DJSlow

Just listened to clip. Infact I've listened to it about 20 times already, not because I like it but because I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it recorded from the radio? Radio stations compress the dynamics of a song, so the loud bits are quieter and the quiet bits are louder. This kind of destroys the bass and the kick drum on this recording. Does this song have chorus? The clip sounds like a verse and a bridge. Surely it would have been better to cut out the chorus for the clip?

Keith's vocals are brilliant. His best performance yet, though it seems weird hearing a Prodigy song where the focus is on the vocals and not the instruments. This is massive change. I can't really judge this song from the clip. OH SHIT, MY WINMX SEARCH HAS JUST COME OUT WITH A FULL MP3! It's really out there folks. 23 people in the que for it though :-(

Anyway, I think Liam has become a little slack in the production department. There aren't really any interesting sounds in there. He's relied too much on Keiths vox to drive the track. Firestarter worked because the fuckin massive beats and bass drove Keith along, not the otherway round. BGAT sounds like it's trying too hard. It also sounds over-produced, where shitloads of sounds and effects have been used to hide the fact that it's not a very intersting song. BT is another good example of over-producing. I can normally try hard to like something but I'm having trouble with this. It sounds like a poor immitation of the Fat of the Land with more vocals.

Another thing. I don't really like the idea of having so much vocals on a Prodigy album. Why? A Prodigy fan could be anyone no matter what they believed in. It was refreshing to have a band who didn't force opinions down your throat like all these fucking nu-metal and punk bands. What you end up with is a fanbase who all fucking think the same and act the same, which is boring. I wanna go to gigs and meet interesting people.

Anyways, I'm still gonna buy the album. Maybe it will grow on me. It's happened many times before.

ChemicaL

mmm...why do they have to censor rohepnol ... it's not like the word itself is a bad word is it? Probably the overall message that could be bad...

Rohypnol is a drug that is illegal in the U.S.A altough it has been used for medical purposes hence the censorship.

P.S. the track is wicked.

bye.
-=www.dirtchamber.org=-

des

It was refreshing to have a band who didn't force opinions down your throat like all these fucking nu-metal and punk bands. What you end up with is a fanbase who all fucking think the same and act the same, which is boring. I wanna go to gigs and meet interesting people.
happened many times before.

Listen mate, any prodigy gig you go to, youll always meet true fans....fans that have a voice and arent just another painted face in the crowd.

So dont worry.....I hope liam kicks into gear soon and gives us something a bit more dancey..

peace.

Ekko

Radio stations compress the dynamics of a song, so the loud bits are quieter and the quiet bits are louder. This kind of destroys the bass and the kick drum on this recording.
It used to destroy songs that weren't compressed to 0db already, but since the FOTL-era every Prodigy-song is totally maxed out already. They don't use limiter on Prodge-records anymore... Same for Chemical Brothers and most of the Pop tracks. All kinds of dance music.
You just doesn't get much frequency-width over fm-radiochannels. It might have lots of generic reasons why the clip sounds not too dynamic.

Firestarter worked because the fuckin massive beats and bass drove Keith along, not the otherway round
Massive Beats...? Well, the beats are the same as on all other past-Jilted Generation-tracks, you especially mean the bass- and the kickdrums, do you? You can get this silly rattling drumloop on lots of sample-cd's or on the net
Tradition IS a tradition

Mane

i have been a prodigy fan for a long time...only for the music...but its getting out of hand. I really dont wanna listen about date raping drugs...or people who use them. If you cant have fun without then its fine by me. I dont know what the message is in this song...well i know that it tells about keiths girlfriends but that is...well tell me what the fuck is that about...

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.