BGAT single on Radio Mafia

Started by Poisoner, May 09, 2002, 10:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

des

ok my problem with the track is, the beat howlett is using at the minute has been popping up for the past five years...theirs bearly anything between trigger and BGAT, they both use those polished beats...bring back the dirty ones that what I like

whilst I found the version they played at BDO a bit dull but with a lot of potential, I think howlett was afraid to release a downtempo track as the first single of AONO.....

I feel personally I owe howlett a great deal, after all the prodigy has shaped my whole record collection....but while howlett has pushed me towrds the more experimental side of dance music ie, aphex twin, squarepusher, dj shadow chemical brother...its seems like howlett is swaying of in a more pop/rock direction....the prodges sound isnt as challenging anymore to listen to....and that what always seperated them from the rest...

but that SEEMS to be gone now...not saying that it IS...but it looks that way judging from the new live stuff and BGAT

deedevil

:o quite polished has u said des!i was waiting for something diferent but whatever!

cya
peace
deedevil

des

if you take for example other prodigy COMEBACK singles

for jilted One Love/No Good start to dance both really different exciting tracks...

For FOTL firstarter...awesome blew me away the first time I heard it..

Now BGAT....just doesnt offer anything new..keith voice is tiresome and the beats could be mistaken for trigger/one man army/ghost town etc....

Myabe ill like the instrumental more...but i really doubt that

des

I also thought the live-version was cooler

Me too..the BDO version had potential....it was slow and a bit dull..but as I said to neko, surely with howletts talents  he could have made something of that down temper version.

philchill_aiii

If you wanna talk about shit beats we might as well mention Liams conribution to Maxim's Scheming, now they were shit. I have been using some very expensive equipment to EQ the radio version of BGAT to make it sound more like CD quality and i just wanna say that IT ROCKS!!! with the bass up and the hissing off this song is fucking wicked.

Don't judge till you hear a CD version, Trust me!

paulbi1

oh dear,

well at least the bass is better and sharper and keith sounds alot better but its not groundbreaking at all, i agree its not 'One Love' or 'Firestarter' in any sort of innovative way whatsoever ,but since all the dissing of the song started its actually overall better than i expected.

No consolation though :'(

pauly b

P.S bet the video's shit-hot though!!!!

Ekko

I have been using some very expensive equipment to EQ the radio version of BGAT to make it sound more like CD quality and i just wanna say that IT ROCKS!!! with the bass up and the hissing off this song is fucking wicked.

What did I say?
People, believe us, this track has some hidden qualitys, the actual radio-thingie is like a teaser, if you want.

The kickdrum/bass is in fact really close to Diesel Power.
Check it out, kill the high frequencies (every simple stereo should be good enough) and boost the bottom end and maybe a bit more gain for the mid's. You'll get the sound of SMBU and the rhythm of DP. Interesting. And - yeah - old.

And to some upper threads, yes, I would have liked some other beats as well, unfortunately it's the typical FOTL-bassdrum and all in all it's very familiar.
But the important bit is: We have new material.
Tradition IS a tradition

des

If you wanna talk about shit beats we might as well mention Liams conribution to Maxim's Scheming, now they were shit. I have been using some very expensive equipment to EQ the radio version of BGAT to make it sound more like CD quality and i just wanna say that IT ROCKS!!! with the bass up and the hissing off this song is fucking wicked.

LOL yeah I couldnt believe liam put his hand to that shit..scheming was pretty poor

even though Im not feeling BGAT, im still looking forward to the instrumental

des

The kickdrum/bass is in fact really close to Diesel Power.
Check it out, kill the high frequencies (every simple stereo should be good enough) and boost the bottom end and maybe a bit more gain for the mid's. You'll get the sound of SMBU and the rhythm of DP. Interesting. And - yeah - old.

And to some upper threads, yes, I would have liked some other beats as well, unfortunately it's the typical FOTL-bassdrum and all in all it's very familiar.
But the important bit is: We have new material.

yeh I noticed it had the same groove as DP.....but it still doesnt bowl me over like DP did... the beats are less chunky in BGAT than in dp, but the groove of DP is there to hear, I noticed it the second I heard it..

and your right its great that we have new material...but the question is after 5 years do we want quantity or quality

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

deedevil

Juge do you have the complet song or only the 50 seconds clip?i was thinking that if you have the full song was kinda nice putting the 50 clip since if you putted the full track people would start ripping it and then XL would start pissing you!

thanks for the clip!

cya
peace
deedevil

des

hehe well when I think of quality I think of the jilted era or climbatize, Naryan, funky shit, DP

I think the new stuff is a bit of a cop out to be honest.

(By saying quality, I think of NEW stuff, so...)
it seems we don't get any of both

jamie riddler

you lots just don't know that a beat cannot be any harder or bigger than fotl ones. you are all talking nonsense. it is not like you can make a _totaly_ new beat. get real, don't expect too much. liam reused the samples many times, it is just now that you lots are complaining. des, why don't you do something _new_ huh?

-----------------
it is helter skelter
-----------------

Ekko

you lots just don't know that a beat cannot be any harder or bigger than fotl ones. you are all talking nonsense. it is not like you can make a _totaly_ new beat. get real, don't expect too much. liam reused the samples many times, it is just now that you lots are complaining. des, why don't you do something _new_ huh?
Tradition IS a tradition

des

This is a gem mate,

Im a graphic designer, once I come up with a signature style of graphic I scrap it....because I dont want to get caught in a loop, I try to progress and make *new* improved graphics each day

St8ofbass

you all know i think its a frantastic track... to say that liam hasn't progressed is, i think, wrong. yes he still uses  paht breaks - which have long been a trademark style, and yes the vocals are by flinty again, but the ambience, the structure, the way the bass works with the beats, the fazing, the sounds - everything else is different. i like the way so many ideas are thrown in that few noises are repeated. the hint at firestarter is a joke, i think there may be a guitar lift from no man army, and its a good signifier, but from the intro keyboard refraion to the closing 'wicky wicky' scratching, this is fresh - and easily the 'biggest' sounding track to date...
love it - shame the MP3 is sooo compressed and tinny.
laters
m

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.