• NME Awards 2020: Watch Leo Crabtree pay emotional tribute to Keith Flint
    The Prodigy‘s long time live drummer Leo Crabtree led a tribute to Keith Flint at the NME Awards 2020, last night. Read more
  • Maxim releases a new solo album
    The Prodigy's Maxim's 3rd solo album “Love More” will be released in Japan on December 4th. Read more
  • Rare Keith's tour outfit on sale on forum
    Theprodigy.info visitor and a fan is selling an outfit once owned by Keith Flint. Read more
  • Experience 28th anniversary
    The debut studio album Experience by The Prodigy was first released on 28 September 1992. Read more
  • Keith Flint dead at 49
    The iconic frontman was found dead at his home. All love and sympathy goes out to his family, friends and all fans across the world at this sad time. Read more

Login or register to gain a full access to forums!

To post or view all of the Forum Boards & Topics you need to Login. You can Register either by email, Facebook or Google account. Click on the Register button on the top to begin!

Author Topic: what a drop  (Read 3301 times)

antz

what a drop
« on: July 15, 2002, 03:26:04 PM »
just checked the charts at the Radio 1 website and BGAT is now at number 22 in the UK, now that is quite a big drop from number 5 - I know I didn't like it but I thought the kids would.

zed (logged out)

Re: what a drop
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 05:12:10 PM »

just checked the charts at the Radio 1 website and BGAT is now at number 22 in the UK

there you go! haha....

..steady..

• No pics today sorry &#059;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 06:50:01 PM »
To be honset i would have loved B.G.A.T to go in at num 1 and stay their for a bit , not for the sake of a num 1 just to fuck the charts up !
But it just`s shows why we need more bands like The Prodigy when you get a bunch of muppets called scooter or some shit like that ,getting a better chart place.

We are moveing dangerous close to all our bands being manufactured  :'( like gareth gates ect.........pop stars sucks ass even for kids !!!!!!!

.........steady...........
ProdigyPunk since 92

robo65uk

• No pics today sorry ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 10:14:58 PM »
To be honset i would have loved B.G.A.T to go in at num 1 and stay their for a bit , not for the sake of a num 1 just to fuck the charts up !

It wouldn't be that exciting. Prodigy did that five years ago with firestarter and breathe. BGAT isn't a change in direction from these tracks so really, it shouldn't have much of an effect on the charts.

But it just`s shows why we need more bands like The Prodigy

We need more bands like Prodigy at their creative best not at their lazy worst with tracks like BGAT.

when you get a bunch of muppets called scooter or some shit like that ,getting a better chart place.

Definitely.

We are moveing dangerous close to all our bands being manufactured
« Last Edit: July 16, 2002, 01:36:36 AM by admin »

DJ_Slow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 10:57:21 PM »
That's pretty impressive!!! That drop is traditionaly associated with bands with a large fan base. Radiohead, Placebo and Blur have all had drops like that. So it sounds like it's mainly the fans who are buying it and not the kids.
Help me crack the friggin' code at http://www.angelfire.com/band2/prodigycode

antz

Re: DJ_Slow
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 07:33:34 PM »
That drop is traditionaly associated with bands with a large fan base. Radiohead, Placebo and Blur have all had drops like that. So it sounds like it's mainly the fans who are buying it and not the kids.

Is that just a theory? or just general knowledge?

DJ_Slow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 10:04:04 PM »
Theory, to be honest. But all the bands I mentioned have all had drops from the top five to the top 30 within 1 week. It's in the guiness book of hit singles.
Help me crack the friggin' code at http://www.angelfire.com/band2/prodigycode

Further reading

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2020 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.