The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

BLIND HOPE

Started by des, April 16, 2002, 08:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

des

OK its seems most people in this forum seem fairly happy with the prodigy material (nuclear,trigger and BGAT) me personally I think Howlett is wasting away in the prodigy...surely he can do so much better than this

Ok so BGAT studio version will differ from the live version....but I bet their wont be a major difference....if it does get a release it will no doubt be the worst prodigy single ever....im praying liam pulls the plug on it....its just soooooooo weak, give me 'the trick' any day

most of the new BLOW IN fans will love this shit....along with the pissy little goths and jok rockers of this world...

all of a sudden the prodigy are appealing to linkin park fans and shit like that....this is a focking insult..to me and most of the prodigy hardcore who was into the band from experience right up until FOTL

im soooo disappointed with them...its seems like the intelligence has been taken away from the prodigys music...we used to get stomping beats and melodic synths....no we get the dead horse howlett offered us in 97...please

fockin hell....Id rather have them spend another 5 years in the studio if it means Nuclear,Trigger and BGAT get put on the chopping block.......

An incredibly bad ending to what was once an incredible band.

miwant

As I have said before I won't give a final opinion on the new tracks until I've heared a finished studio recording of them(to Liam Howlett: ASAP PLZ!!!)

To be honest I think that the live recording of BGAT is that poor that I don't even hear that ass-kicking prodigy spirit in that song and according to St8ofBass it IS an ass-kicking agressive song!

I've heard nuclear & trigger live myself but I wouldn't have been able to comment those songs only by hearing the live recordings:

HAVE SOME F**CKING PATIENCE (a few months extra won't hurt you after 5 years)

let the ant rule your life!

miwant

Ekko

I understand that you obviosly don't like the new material,
but you wrote such a spiteful posting...

Why are you so surprised?
If you look at the Prodigy's discography, what do you see?
Rave, Tekkno, Punk. Something like this just HAD to come.

And as for 'he can do so much better than
Tradition IS a tradition

mouzzer

A few minutes ago they showed a live show of Linkin Park on TMF (dutch music channel) the dj had a Prodigy Experience T-shirt :)

I hope the finall bgot will be better than the live version. The live version lacks a certain prodigy vibe.

St8ofbass

there are two bandwagons at work whenever a band gets successful, or changes their sound
1/ those who suddenly jump on the repect bandwagon and become huge fans
2/ those who suddenly jump on the diss bandwagon because they're the original fans.
both are normal behaviour. it is sad however that the latter people want the prodigy to be stuck in the rave era. as someone who really was involved in the UK rave scene from day one i have to say the past belongs in the past. similarly prodigy's old stuff comes from a different time, with a very different atmosphere and perspective. I respect liam for not coming out with FOTL 2 immediately. he's stuck to his guns and only announced a release when he's happy with the stuff he's been recording.
but to judge it before you've heard it suggests a certain amount of myopia on your part. you are stuck in the past, closed to the future before you've even experienced it. maybe you should curl up with an oasis record... they never change, and release albums pretty regularly.
blind faith perhaps, but in your case it'd be blind, deaf, dumb and faithless.
bye

Arie

No matter how much I liked The Fat Of The Land, I wouldn't want the new album just to be a Part Two, a sequal. I would like them to keep on advancing and not staying stuck at something. From what I've heard live, they've kept quite some aspects of The Fat Of The Land. I always say that you cannot judge them by only hearing their live material, so I'm waiting for something to be released to make up my mind. I like all the new tracks, but I don't know in how far they offer something new. Lets all wait and see. To already say that the new style of music doesn't do the trick is too early. I prefer to wait for something more final. No matter what, I like the new tracks and I'm curious about the new single and the coming album.

des

Disgusting.

A few minutes ago they showed a live show of Linkin Park on TMF (dutch music channel) the dj had a Prodigy Experience T-shirt :)

des

there are two bandwagons at work whenever a band gets successful, or changes their sound
1/ those who suddenly jump on the repect bandwagon and become huge fans
2/ those who suddenly jump on the diss bandwagon because they're the original fans.
both are normal behaviour. it is sad however that the latter people want the prodigy to be stuck in the rave era. as someone who really was involved in the UK rave scene from day one i have to say the past belongs in the past. similarly prodigy's old stuff comes from a different time, with a very different atmosphere and perspective. I respect liam for not coming out with FOTL 2 immediately. he's stuck to his guns and only announced a release when he's happy with the stuff he's been recording.
but to judge it before you've heard it suggests a certain amount of myopia on your part. you are stuck in the past, closed to the future before you've even experienced it. maybe you should curl up with an oasis record... they never change, and release albums pretty regularly.
blind faith perhaps, but in your case it'd be blind, deaf, dumb and faithless.
bye

thomas

st8ofbass, don't be so harsh man. It's normal that the group gets criticism from the fans after a period of nearly 5 years without a release.
We don't want the prodigy to be stucked in the rave scene but we also don't want them to be stucked in the fat of the land scene.
And from what we've heard, ( I know they are only raw live recordings but you can get an image from it) it appears that they don't really stay away from that album.
It never doubted about the genius qualities of Liam Howlett as a producer and I can understand how hard it is to be innovative nowadays. But I still trust the man and I still dream to sit in my room with a good joint while I'm listening for the first time to the new album, realizing that they can still produce a mindstabbing masterclass album.

miwant

can i come over when you're starting that joint??
just gimme a shout and i'll be at your door in 5 minutes :p
let the ant rule your life!

miwant

des

Hey man youv really missed the point on this one....ok so liam didnt release FOTL2 immediately....but it looks like were about to get a FOTL2 five years later. Catch my drift...their sound hasnt changed.....the prodigy have always been about intelligent music for me...So from your original post your saying anyone who diss's the band now wants them to be stuck in the RAVE era...Taxi for st8ofbase please....dont be a fool...erm jilted wasn

thomas

we have a deal miwant, when the next album comes out we smoke a joint and listen to it at a nice volume.
Even when the single comes out we do the same. I don't wanna listen to mp3's when the single comes out.
Hope the single will be there before beach rock

St8ofbass

sorry des, it seems i did misunderstand you, better call me a taxi now
what you meant was that the wrong kind of people are into the prodigy since the success of fotl and that liam should change his sound so the those people will go away and the fans from 'time' can get the band back for themselves.

doubt liam gives a fuck about sucking up to new or old fans, or even record companies. he's got respect... but in the end he does what he wants. which is one of the things that made prodigy great from day one. and why he dodn't deliver a fotl2 three years ago

but i see your point about sharing the ride with maz manson fans... you have to draw a line. maybe they could just hide at the back and share make up tips  ;D

how about a spliff?

Faust

...to judge it before you've heard it suggests a certain amount of myopia on your part.

Myopia is short-sightedness. To judge something before it's happened is surely the opposite.

;)     <-- asshole

Faust

...a mindstabbing masterclass album.

^ this phrase I like. ^

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.