Do you collect Prodigy material?

Started by Arie van der Wende, October 18, 2001, 10:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padawan

Thank You Sam.  :) I did know that Brainstorm do exist and it's a live track...or at least I had strong feeling that it is so.
I heard brainstorm first in Electronic Punks (well, a soundclip anyway) and that's about the only source I've heard it, and I LOOOVE it! :D but still despite years of searching for that track I still haven't found it... And I'm still searching. :'( So, if anyone of you outhere has it (or knows where to get it) I would be very grateful if someone pass that knowledge to me.

Padawan

antz

Arie you fucking shit! Those songs do exist. Jungle remix is even on 'electronic punks' and brainstorm is a live track!

If you'd bother to have understood what Arie said then you'd know that its the NAME of the tracks which don't exist (ie. There are NO official names for them) (Brainstorm & Jungle Mix are given the title by the fans!)

Do more research before starting flame wars on others....

Padawan

Actually, those songs do exist. They have names, but they don't exist in any OFFICIAL records. I rest my case...

Padawan

Arie

Sam, no need for swearing.

The Jungle Remix does not exist. Yes, there is a remix of We Eat Rhythm, but there is no official title for this remix. The name Jungle Remix is given to it by fans, not by The Prodigy.

As for Brainstorm, there is no Prodigy track under this name. There is one live track though which has been given this name by fans, but what the official name is for this link is again unknown.

But if you would have read my posting(s) properly then you would have noticed that I already said the same thing; see quote below:

The track Brainstorm does not exist. This is a made up title by a fan just like the Jungle Remix of We Eat Rhythm is as a title. You can find this track on several live bootlegs, but I don't know by heart which ones. It won't be called Brainstorm on all bootlegs either of course, please keep that in mind.

I also state above that you can find this so-called Brainstorm link on several live bootlegs. What I forgot to mention is that you can find the so-called Jungle Remix on the official video Electronic Punks.

To conclude my case:
Next time please read before letting your emotions explode. Like I already wrote both tracks do indeed exist, but not under these titles. The titles are given to the tracks by fans and they have not been confirmed till this day by either The Prodigy or their management.

PoisoN

8)Check out my Prodigy collection!
www.poisonsprodigy.cjb.net -> MY COLLECTION or www.geocitiec.com/semenkov2001/collection.html

It's not updated (I didnt add Experience: Expanded, The Best Of Prodigy Bootleg, Maxims vinyls and stuff like that). 8)
(((I GOT THE POISON!)))

Jude

8)Check out my Prodigy collection!
www.poisonsprodigy.cjb.net -> MY COLLECTION or www.geocitiec.com/semenkov2001/collection.html

It's not updated (I didnt add Experience: Expanded, The Best Of Prodigy Bootleg, Maxims vinyls and stuff like that). 8)

Call that a collection?? I've got bum fluff bigger than that!

PoisoN

Call that a collection?? I've got bum fluff bigger than that!
:P Yes, I'm calling that a collection.  :P
(((I GOT THE POISON!)))

Arie

QuoteCall that a collection?? I've got bum fluff bigger than that!
I assume you have a bigger collection then, no? ;) Post a link since we're eager to see it. You can check out a list of my own Prodigy collection at www.the-prodigy.org. I haven't updated it for quite some time either, but it's probably more than your 'bum fluff' ;)

what_evil_lurks

I don't understand you efforts in comparing the best collection, it depends on many factors, such as the place of residence and the like... I want to buy xls 26 cd, that is, everybody in the place cd with rip up the sound system!!
 :D
my newest and rarest prodigy stuff is wind it up (rewound) 12" elektra release, I bought it second hand , the u.s remixes are bollocks except forward wind, which certainly is good!
I would exchange this record as I'm not a dj for the same version on cd (if anyone is interested in this) :)

antz

... I want to buy xls 26 cd, that is, everybody in the place cd with rip up the sound system!!

If you asked me a couple of months ago I'd have sold you one since I bought 2 of them, but sadly now there gone. Keep searchin'... That particular one sometimes occurs at ebay and I've seen it at eil.com also. You could also try gemm.com

I had troubles finding it too, I cant remember how I got my first copy but I'm sure it'll turn up for you eventually :)

what_evil_lurks

arie, your collection is quite good, sure!
but I got some inquiries to make to you ;) ,do you know anyone who has the mixmag tape given away in october 1994 with the only(till date) official release of we eat rhythm??
it would be mindblowing to have it...
but this is worse ;D.... who the fuck has xlt 76,that is to say, one of the 10 test pressnig copies of mindfields??
or the 50 cassettes?
do you know anyone? :P

antz

do you know anyone who has the mixmag tape given away in october 1994 with the only(till date) official release of we eat rhythm??

The tape with 'We Eat Rhythm' is from 'Select' and not 'Mixmag'

I had 2 of these but sadly not anymore :(

Arie

Quotearie, your collection is quite good, sure!
Thank you :)

Quotebut I got some inquiries to make to you ;) ,do you know anyone who has the mixmag tape given away in october 1994 with the only(till date) official release of we eat rhythm??
I had it twice, but traded one with Neko. Now I have one left. But like Antz wrote, it's not a MixMag cassette, it's by Select Magazine. I never listen to it really. I burned a copy of it on CDR, so I always listen to that one. But it's not that hard to get hold off really... seen it quite a few times.

Quotebut this is worse ;D.... who the fuck has xlt 76,that is to say, one of the 10 test pressnig copies of mindfields??
or the 50 cassettes? do you know anyone? :P
Last thing I heard is that one copy had been given to Jon Carter, all other records had been thrown away. As for the cassette it had been sent to several people. But I don't know anyone who has it really...

MipZe

Is there anyone aou there that has the What evil lurks original release because im REALLY intrestead in having a copy of it...Ive bin a fan for like 8 years and trust me I need that one to my collection....So if there is anyone out there that is intrestead in selling one to me please contact me...I've fucking bin there since Experience

Arie

Is there anyone aou there that has the What evil lurks original release because im REALLY intrestead in having a copy of it...Ive bin a fan for like 8 years and trust me I need that one to my collection....So if there is anyone out there that is intrestead in selling one to me please contact me...I've fucking bin there since Experience
A lot of people have an original, it's not that hard to get hold off. Prices vary from 10 Pounds Sterling to 70 Pounds Sterling. If you are willing to pay that amount, then there are plenty of places to get it from.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.