The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

is liam just pressing play?

Started by steve, July 10, 2002, 04:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

having been at coachella and hearing numerous bdo shows and the tokyo show, it seems like liam doesnt do anything at the shows anymore.  ive got bootlegs from 94-96 where liam would do amazing stuff, mixing different samples from songs together, or even improvising totally new tunes.  even in the early years like 91 or 92 ive liam mixed some pretty funky shit on the fly. anway at coachella it just seemed like liam pressed play on his equipment or whatever and just added a few little effects here and there.  whats the deal with this? do you think we're ever gonna get unique live shows ever again?

dessie

Im glad someone pointed this out, and it wasnt up to me to highlight,

Liam used to jam with the tracks, like mixing No good in with I think it was the heat the energy, playing around with samples
he used to play around with One love as well....also the version I heard of molotov bitch Live way back in 96 which was a serious jamming session

To be honest I cant see him ever reversing back to that freeflowing style again, He's so hell bent on making the live show more of a rock show, plus the inclusion of a drummer is another element why liam doesnt jam anymore

juGe

Yeah.. That's the question.. I would love to have shows that they had in 91-95.. In Adelade show Liam plays some stuff with his Moog (if I'm right) that's nice, but nothing more.. all other shows are just that same.. "I press play and then I hit some bass drum and maybe some other old old old fill samples". ..ahh those old times.. I also liked a lot when Liam used to play percussion in Rock 'n' Roll...

I don't like that I need to complain about the things almost as much as des but I really think that the Prodigy's fire has totally burned out and I fear that they have lost it forever.

You can't escape.. stuff has changed and you can't get the old vibe back.. I feel quite sorry :/
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

dessie

I think ill upload the Universe set from the prodge in 93, 30 mins of bliss, liam howlett at his very best, the jams in that set is mighty plus what he does with No good is GENIUS.

dessie

I don't like that I need to complain about the things almost as much as des but I really think that the Prodigy's fire has totally burned out and I fear that they have lost it forever.

You can't escape.. stuff has changed and you can't get the old vibe back.. I feel quite sorry :/

I might come across a bit bitter at times...but a show without real jams for me isnt a show....it used to break the monotony of the show...now its just the same old same old

Also only playing for 1 hour is disgusting and insulting the fans.

trigger

Dessie

Please post Universe set from the prodge in 93, 30 mins.

;)

dessie

yeh ill dig it out for yeh,

when I get some time ill put it online.

LiamB

yeah guys i know what ur talkin' about. the good ol' days when liam play some beastie (nah, not beastie boys) tones amnesia house 92' and this realy fu*n wicked version of g-force!!! I hear live stuff only for this wicked samples, jams, fills and stuff,

dessie

Listen mate the best advise I can give to you is 'DONT EXPECT TO MUCH FROM THEM LIVE'

94 - 96 was the golden years as far as the prodigy live show was concerned..I had the pleasure of attenting 3 or 4 gigs in this period and to say they where special is an undersatement..

But I dont think things will return to this kind of form :'(

yeah guys i know what ur talkin' about. the good ol' days when liam play some beastie (nah, not beastie boys) tones amnesia house 92' and this realy fu*n wicked version of g-force!!! I hear live stuff only for this wicked samples, jams, fills and stuff,

LiamB

But I dont think things will return to this kind of form :'(

i still belive... ;D

dessie

i still belive... ;D

I seen them at witnness errrrrrr I dont belive.

fab

THE PRODIGY ARE STILL THE BEST LIVE PERFORMERS. Liam is not mixing as much anymore cause their music has changed. In the old days it was cool to mix out of space with no good because that was dance music. Now for example firestarter you shouldnt mess around with that song. That song is firestarter. If I were Liam I would the same as he does right now

SkizZy PupPy

??? Do u think that liam using reasons to mix his new material could be a limitation to liveness...im new to this galaxy of soundfare and may still be ignorant to the duh's and no shit's...i realize that my creativity is my boundless limitor but as i delve into the logic audio program i notice much wider horizons....if i could only figure out how to start using it!!!    took me three months to get the hang of reasons....my first partner in the sound sex ritual majik...uhm - thing....yeah...
thanx 4 this....i had fun....is america allowed to speak overseas??  just curious??  my neighbors do not represent my choice of habits or social conduct....so please.... be gentle.... i live near the beach and my skin is pale.... so thank u all... and on behalf of all people everywhere i wish myself the best of luck... -SkizZy

Arie

He re-did parts of the Reason mix later on again. I think he used Reason more as a sketch book. Reason is basically a sequencer, what has therefore changed with how he wrote music in the past? Nothing I believe, therfore I also don't believe that he will be limited in anything live.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.