The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Reading/leeds reviews

Started by dessie, August 29, 2002, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly b

guys,

i really hate to say this but it was probably the two weakest prodge gigs ive ever been to, however i put it down 70% to sound quality.

I saw them at both Leeds and Reading, both good gigs and without going over to much ground about the performances that has already been said, the new songs (head-nodding, polite applause, etc.) SMBU, Their Law, Breathe and Firestarter obviously going down the best. The real thing i felt was that Prodge gigs are about being loud, very fuckin' loud.
THIS WASN'T!!!
It was kinda the same level as 'Offspring' only with more bass.
Maxim complained at the start about mic levels at Leeds and i kinda got the impression their were teething problems all the way through, same at Reading, someone obviously doesn't like them pushing that dial to '11'.
Now that isnt making excuses for the performance, it was weak in places, more so i thought at Reading, Keith aint exactly Julie Andrews' but i suppose he aint meant to be, but his voice does get on your tits abit after 10 minutes.
Maxim gets very angry, not energy wise, not adrenaline but with the crowd, constant 'fuckin' this or 'bullshit' that.
NO NEED!!!

One thing i will say sums the Prodigy of 95/96/97 comparing to Prodigy 2001/2002, when i was near the front at Reading last week it was lots of moshing, etc but as i moved back only about 10/20 metres, the jumping got less and less, until head nodding and nothing.
Five years ago people danced, jumped, moshed as far as the eye could see.

HAS THE BUBBLE BURST??? i hope not but a UK tour is a must else i might appear less at Prodge gigs as well as their websites.

respect

pauly b.

juGe

QuoteMaxim gets very angry, not energy wise, not adrenaline but with the crowd, constant 'fuckin' this or 'bullshit' that.
NO NEED!!!

Yeah.. I haven't seen them live but I got many 99-02 live recordings and I have to say that swearing all the time really annoys me.. Is that the only thing that they can give nowadays?

I would like to diss more.. but it's maybe better if I keep my mouth shut..
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

dessie

Quoteguys,

i really hate to say this but it was probably the two weakest prodge gigs ive ever been to, however i put it down 70% to sound quality.

I saw them at both Leeds and Reading, both good gigs and without going over to much ground about the performances that has already been said, the new songs (head-nodding, polite applause, etc.) SMBU, Their Law, Breathe and Firestarter obviously going down the best.
pauly b.

Its seems like a lot of people are saying the same thing, as I did when I reviewd the witnness set.....

But with all my dissing...I dont feel the bubble has burst....as soon as they start touring, doing the indoor venues, with 1hr 45min sets, things will pick up again...

These are the tracks I feel they need to include to liven the set up.......

Break N enter
We eat rhythm
Molotov bitch
Clostrophobic sting

In those 4 tunes we have a flava for everyone, with break N enter theirs the rock/Dance combo, we eat rhythm theirs a touch of the old school vibe, without it been to Old school, Molotov bitch could get any crowd going surely, and clostrophobic sting would appeal to the more intelligent listener.

anyone agree or diagree, I didnt pick these 4 tunes because of personal taste but I feel would work a lot better in the set.

have you guys got any tunes youd like to see included, try not to pick due to personal tast, try pick tunes you think would really make the set flow.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.