Castbreeder, track 6

Started by Ekko, March 17, 2002, 04:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

Hiya,

does anyone know who wrote track 6 on the Castbreeder album?

A good track.

Greetings,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

zed (logged out)

hmm... well... on my Castbreeder's cd track 6 by Junkie XL for sure... there is even "Junkie XL" in the lyrics... can't remember the track name coz i've no original Junkie XL cd...

Ekko

Superb, thank you Zed.

That helps me a lot, a pal of mine has some Junkie XL-CD's, so I'll just hear them through.

Ah, by the way, does anyone have a real tracklisting for the castbreeder album?

Thanx in advance
Tradition IS a tradition

zed (anonymous spamming)

Superb, thank you Zed.

That helps me a lot, a pal of mine has some Junkie XL-CD's, so I'll just hear them through.
that's actually weird, that you didn't know it...

Ah, by the way, does anyone have a real tracklisting for the castbreeder album?

as i know, allmost all track names in the castbreeder are not actual, made up... but all tracks by Junkie XL and Lunatic Calm.... IIRC...

Poisoner

Track 6 is Junkie XL - Xpanding limits. Great track IMHO.

Here goes the full track listing of Castbreeder:
(from www.prodigycenter.com)
(LC=Lunatic Calm, JXL=Junkie XL)

1. Castbreeder (single version)
Originally: Fuze (LC) & Dealing With The Roster (JXL)

2. Collapse
Originally:

Ekko

Alright, should have known all that...
Thanx.

that's actually weird, that you didn't know it...

To be honest, I didn't like too much from JXL,
maybe three tracks and I can only remember Billy Club at the moment

Lunatic Calm, wow, I miss these dudes!

Does anyone remember their first listen to Neon Ray?
Had a good impact on me.
Tradition IS a tradition

zed (about to login)

To be honest, I didn't like too much from JXL,
maybe three tracks and I can only remember Billy Club at the moment
yeh, the same... i really love a couple of their tracks... but there are a lot of boring stuff from them these days...

Lunatic Calm, wow, I miss these dudes!
yeh. and here is the same. i love their first album "metropol".. but that new "breaking poing"... dunno.. to be honest i didn't heard the whole album yet, but it smells like they goes 4x4 beated stuff too.. it's like an epidemic... all the great bands goes some stupid beats and boring sounds... nothing new...

Does anyone remember their first listen to Neon Ray?
Had a good impact on me.

yes, the album rocks!

Ekko

yeh. and here is the same. i love their first album "metropol".. but that new "breaking poing"... dunno.. to be honest i didn't heard the whole album yet, but it smells like they goes 4x4 beated stuff too.. it's like an epidemic... all the great bands goes some stupid beats and boring sounds... nothing new...
Absolutely. What is it with all those guys??
Is everybody pissed off of breakbeats? Did funk get unfunky?
The more I hear this 4/4 shite, the more I hate it, the more I hear some funky beats, the more I love'em, why is it the other way round with all those ex-groundbreaking-artists?
Even HipHop lost it's breaks. Whenever you tune in to something, you'll get straight stuff. No ghostnotes, no small funky drumrolls, nothing. I used to like the old Ultramagnetic MC's stuff, because they used those cool funky breaks, but nowadays... It's all about "my bassdrum kicks
more than yours / my snare has a greater impact than yours".

I don't like music without snares anyway, so I won't ever end up making (/ listening to) something like -for example- the Chemos do nowadays.

yes, the album rocks!

Right, but I think they sound best when they do something with pads and stuff. I liked the whole Metropol, but I mostly loved Neon Ray, carried the most feel within.
They do good things with strings.

Horr horr, we flood all areas with (at least slightly) off-topic stuff, we crapweasels, we.
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

Absolutely. What is it with all those guys??
Is everybody pissed off of breakbeats? Did funk get unfunky?
The more I hear this 4/4 shite, the more I hate it, the more I hear some funky beats, the more I love'em, why is it the other way round with all those ex-groundbreaking-artists?
Even HipHop lost it's breaks. Whenever you tune in to something, you'll get straight stuff. No ghostnotes, no small funky drumrolls, nothing. I used to like the old Ultramagnetic MC's stuff, because they used those cool funky breaks, but nowadays... It's all about "my bassdrum kicks
more than yours / my snare has a greater impact than yours".
I don't like music without snares anyway, so I won't ever end up making (/ listening to) something like -for example- the Chemos do nowadays.
dunno... actually, i wrote somekind of an article a couple years ago (or even more) about all that stuff. it's an article about electronic music and general, about break-beat, how break beat music does makes, who makes music and etc. i wrote that article just for myseft, just to understand what the hell is going on, because i felt that some thing is really wrong. i made really deep analysis of the scene and history of electronic music in general. for example, i started from who created a first synth ever. do you know who btw? some russian dude in 1921, his name Lev Termen.. i even tried to consider an influence of ecstasy drug... i thought about to write really global article about music, but i wrote a "little" draft and never cameback.. but actually, i've made some predicts.. i've predicted somekind of "shock" of all great (in music sense) bands in near future. i can't show you my  original writing, because it's totally in russian. anyway i'm not Nostradamus... but it still quite funny to read it 2 years after. at least it helped me a lot then.
now i can say that the Chemical Brothers thinks they're still cool just because their name still "Chemical Brothers", and many peeps think so too, and Chems are happy that these peeps thinks so too. the Prodigy thinks that they "relevant as fuck" because they created their own scene, but they forgot that it was many years ago, they forgot that their scene can't travel all over the world with them just to hear "something", they forgot many things... they forgot "how to".

Hip Hop died many years ago. that bullshit in my tv isn't Hip Hop. i'm really tired of my tv. everybody talks about Hip Hop, RnB, DnB, RnR... a lot of young boys and girls who thinks they are a part of Hip Hop culture around. sometimes i think peeps just having sex with their tv sets... some stupid voice from tv can make anyone a genius. a lot of stupid fake DJ's everywhere... playing some stupid cd's with making a smart face that is they call to be a DJ...

Horr horr, we flood all areas with (at least slightly) off-topic stuff, we crapweasels, we.
well... who cares? if anyone has something agianst our conversation he can freely post about his own problems.
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Ekko

Well, thought about writing for magazins ?
I don't know about it, but I guess you have at least one good (maybe underground) musik-maker-magazin there, have you?

The story about your article reminds me of how I used to write my own record-contracts when I was younger...
Pathetic? Don't know, maybe, but it was fun anyway.
I wrote all the perfect conditions into it, like, being bound for just as long as I wanted to and silly stuff like this.
It was the time when I just started with writing music or,
let's say, experimenting around with it. 14 or something.
I had massive problems to 'let go' maybe you're aware of this problem. I started to write and I never got a song finished because I always got stuck at some certain part that would not fit.
And then I got frustrated with it all and stopped it.
Later then, a pal told me he knew what I needed:
A kick in the ass.
So I wrote myself those contracts to set me under pressure, I gave myself three months time to cool at least 10 songs, and so I learned to get over it. It just worked from there on.

This is, why I try to get only really essential PlugIns and stuff.
Half a year ago I noticed how my plugin-folders grew instantly and I began to get stuck again, so I threw all the crap out untill there were 2 softsynthies left and only one sampler-plugin.
The other editing-fx were okay.
Therefor I now have a huuuge section of dynamic-editing-tools, it's a mess... *sigh* Time to sort again...

Great, I don't have the faintest idea how I got to that theme again. Mhm. anyway.

Lev Termen, sounds familiar, wasn't a relative of Bob Moog though, eh? ;-)
Oh and this shock you predicted, if you ask meeeee... It already hit.
The reason why it's not seeable this good is the media again.
But, I mean, just look at the record-selling-statistics.
And that has nothing to do with mp3 and the web. At the early 90's till mid90's there was a massive breach in the usual sales-statistic.
Thank you, POP.
Pop turned, it was a small harmless overground
almost-sensation at the eighties. But as the competition raised (mostly technically, no kidding) and all Pop music now started to sound EXACTLY the same, people got used to it.
The problem is, that there are people who don't care about music.
I'm sure everyone here knows at least one or two.
Mostly those guys/girls are this career-type-people.
Maybe there is just no place for music in their lives, and IF, it's Pop, for sure.
Sad, if you ask me, because people who don't hear music
(with their hearts), won't ever get this amazing feeling like
"Weeaw, you won't guess what I found in the record-shop today!" or "I can't believe it, my favourite band is comeing to play at MY town!" or just "I love this song so much, I feel happy whenever I hear it".
I hear music all the day, I hear it at work, I hear it in my private time, I hear it at my side-job, nothing would work without it.

Yes, I feel sorry for these people who don't know how music 'feels'.

Right, this stuff at TV isn't HipHop or anything.
Don't even get me started on R'n'B, HipHop at least WAS music before it became mainstream and Pop, R'n'B was BORN in TV. A production for the masses (who are asses as we all know).
Well, there actually is HipHop, we have like a small scene here, but it's crap due to the facts I mentioned above.
They stand still musically and try to wring out the last drop of pressure on the drums. It's all for the dancefloor.
And these are the dancefloors I hate.

Okay, I urgently want to make some noises now,
bye,
Ekko

P.s.: Of course, who cares, but I wonder that we don't get to see any other opinions here?
Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

Well, thought about writing for magazins ?
I don't know about it, but I guess you have at least one good (maybe underground) musik-maker-magazin there, have you?
yes, i thought about writing for magazines.. actually i've got offers some time ago... but that stuff takes time... i can't stop doing some sites... i just dream to finish all that net stuff, break my modem, cut the wires, and start make some music. of course, if (when) i get some time i'll sit and write something... not sure about what atm... maybe something about technical side of creating a music.. dunno... actually, i think i'll write not only about music, i've got off-topic thoughts as well :)
not sure i understood what you meant in "good (maybe underground) musik-maker-magazin there, have you" :) there? where is that "there"? :)

It was the time when I just started with writing music or,
let's say, experimenting around with it. 14 or something.
the same here :)

I had massive problems to 'let go' maybe you're aware of this problem. I started to write and I never got a song finished because I always got stuck at some certain part that would not fit.
And then I got frustrated with it all and stopped it.
Later then, a pal told me he knew what I needed:
A kick in the ass.
still the same :)
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.