Trigger Riff ??

Started by antz (to lazy to login), May 04, 2002, 11:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antz (to lazy to login)

I need someone elses opinion on this,

I found a track called 'Strange Town' by 'The Jam' and it had a riff in the middle which sounds quite abit like the geetar riff in 'Trigger'... have a listen; (download 'strange town' file)
http://www.geocities.com/dalek_simulation/file-dump

Liam could have easily distored it, he could have even changed a few notes (or whatever) - Let me know what you think?

Cheers.
Antz

Ekko

Makes sense,
I edited the file a little bit, reversed, small distortion and harmonizer and it comes quite close.

I think Liam used a part from the song where no drums and other stuff is lying upon it (or he's got a real good denoiser) and did about the same.

You'll find the edited file on the ftp-server in the morning.
The address of it will be displayed in the actual off-topic thread.

Tradition IS a tradition

Zed

ummm... i heard the both files... but i think maybe Liam has heard that track and just has done recreating of the sample, dunno, ask Liam about it.... i'm not Liam...
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Ekko

The thing is with Liams sampling, that he can really twist the shit, like he said, it's his favourite instrument (at least it was untill now) and he's able to make everything fit into the song-athmosphere.
And only if he just samples something without altering too much, the stuff still still differs a bit.

It's hard to say whether he samples or recreates something.
In this case I wonder a little bit if the song really contains a part where no or very less drums are played beside this sound.
If not, well, then he seemed to have recreated it (-Or he really know how to put stuff out of the way).

About the sampled sounds differing from the original source, this could happen because he uses the a newer Emu-Sampler (I think he does), which has filters that aren't closed all the time from the beginning and therefore alter the sound a bit.
Not bad of course, since the Emu-Filters are truly proved the best ones in the world.
Tradition IS a tradition

antz (to lazy to login)

You'll find the edited file on the ftp-server in the morning.
The address of it will be displayed in the actual off-topic thread.

I can't access your ftp (i've been trying for 24hrs), if you could send me the "edited file" to my email account I'd be very very grateful..

Cheers
Antz.

Ekko

The thing with the server is, that I don't wanna have it online all the time, I had it closed all day today for example.
And I don't know your e-mail address, you don't have a profile and I'm too lazy to search for your old one around here.
But I'll put the ftp online next morning again, I'll post the actual IP at the off topic forum again. It might be, that the server wrecks down after some hours (about four last time), I'll try to avoid that, but when he's down he's down, I'm away, so I can't access it.

If it still doesn't go off anyway, I'll of course send you the file.
Greetings
Tradition IS a tradition

antz

I managed to download your edited version of it - it sounds pretty simular doesn't it? I see what you mean about getting rid of those drums - but if the Trigger riff was sourced from that Strange Town track I'm sure Liam could have done it. (This is coming from someone whom knows Jack about Liams equipment)

Lasssa

In the end of trigger, (after the gunfire) you can hear a voice go: ''Feelin' better?; Yeah I do''
I think it's sampled from the movie Analyze This.
signature

juGe

QuoteIn the end of trigger, (after the gunfire) you can hear a voice go: ''Feelin' better?; Yeah I do''
I think it's sampled from the movie Analyze This.

Yeah, that's true. I have seen that film too and it's definitely from that film.
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Daftdj

and Sagittarius - My World Fell Down

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.