The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

korg electribe m

Started by anaman, April 15, 2003, 07:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaman

Is korg electribe m a good purchase? i mean like if i wanna start doin some beats myself and don`t have so much money. Do i mannage with only the M?

fab Evil Lurk

hey thats a good question...it doesnt sound bad...

flightcrank

hi all,
       ok if stuff or ekko could help me out that would be cool!
well i got a few synths now a juno 106 (very cool!!!) abd a novation bass station( also cool!!) but a have a problem....no drums. so i thought id purchase a drum machine number 1 on the list is a AKAI MPC2000 but thay are just way too much money so thats out of the question i was gonna get a roland MC 303 but i heard there quite...well shit. MC 505 are better but still too much cash i know lieam has them so thay can be put to good use but i also noticed to my surprise that he has some KORG ELECTRIBE's.

well there cheap which is good!!! but apperntly thay sound cheap as well i heard some factory demo's and they were not that good at all. thaey look cool, but can they be put to good use. liam has the ER1 wich is the drum machine so what tracks has he used t on?? or maby he just uses it live like he dose with the bass station. basicly im leaning toward gettin a ER1 but would like futher input from ekko or stuff.

also what is liam's most common source of drums ?? besides a real drumkit and the tr 909 or 808.what dose he use for the big booming bass on smack my bitch up and baby's got a temper ?? and what drum machine did liam use most commonly on the fat of the land ??.

also if you people are into cool sounding songs with heaps of synths check out nine inch nails, if any one has any information on the nin equipment please mail me.

NOTE TO JUGE:the title on the korg Electribe EM-1 is wrong it says ""Drawmer DL221 two/dual channel compressor""

it is also wrong on the Electribe ER-1 it says ""korg Prophecy""

Stuff

Hmm unfortunately i don't know much about the Korg ER-1, so i can't tell. Don't know in which songs Liam have used it either. He's getting stuff free from Korg so.... but maybe they're in some songs we haven't heard yet. Anyway i think you can get some nice stuff out of them (the factory demos usually are crap).
I think that the MC-505 has mostly common sounds, if you want that. But i prefer samplers for drums.

Personally I'm using a lot of drums in my songs, and a lot of different methods too. Sometimes I use the W-30 for drums (me? a Liam wannabe? nooo ;-). Say, if a loop sounds crisp, i sample it into the W-30 - thats my way to get a little bit of that ruff 12-bit sound :)
But most of the drums I use in a song is from the Akai sampler. Nowadays it's a S3000XL, I have used a S2000 before (still have it). They are very nice and quick to work with even though they have this tiny screen. I bought the S3000XL second hand and a Syquest EZ135 Zip-Drive followed, and i've noticed that Liam has one too.. hehe just a cool coincidence.
Create a program on the akai with a lot of cool and fresh drumhits organised. Then just play and jam over the keyboard, a good way to come up with some nice rhythms.
I also use s/w Fruity Loops for drums, mostly when i want some nice shuffle to my beats ('caus i think it's hard to quantize nice shuffle/triplets via midi, but thats just me..).

Well Ekko said that Liam uses the old E-mu SP-1200  for bassdrums on "Fat Of The Land".. so there you got it, just buy one ;) There's only one disadvantage with them, they aren't cheap at all.. Maybe an AKAI MPC-60/MPC-2000/MPC-3000 are the best choice (?), anyway they aren't as expensive as the Sp1200. Many great prducers are using these Akai's too. Like BT, DJ Shadow, Cari Lekebusch, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers etc.

But you said you can't afford it, hmm so just.. wait and see what Ekko answers :)

flightcrank

hello me again,
                    well what do you know i got off my ass and did some work and found this artical and the best prodigy site for prodigy news..... http://www.nekozine.co.uk/

liam said...

" I havent checked the mixer yet, but the ER-1 resembles 70s and 80s analogue drum sounds, which is what i like."

and...

"I've used the ES-1 on stage and I've used the ER-1 on a couple of tracks on the new album. The ER-1 doesnt require much processing or EQing - it sounds f**king great straight out of the box."

so i guess i answerd my own question, anyway thats it im buying a korg er-1, if liam can make it sound good so can i !!

apparently ekko you have this machine....well i think you do,
so if you could give me your opinion on it in terms of how good it sounds, and what prodigy style songs it is capable of creating that would be cool !!!.

juGe

NOTE TO JUGE:the title on the korg Electribe EM-1 is wrong it says ""Drawmer DL221 two/dual channel compressor""

it is also wrong on the Electribe ER-1 it says ""korg Prophecy""

Thanks for the info. I had accidentally uploaded some unfinished pages there :) Anyway. I'm just uploading the new versions. So there will be some new info online soon!
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

flightcrank

well i got the korg electribe er - 1 drum machine

and......

IT TOTAL ROCKS!!!!!!!

because with any and bass drum sounds(or any sounds) you can adjust the decay and make cool smack my bitch up or babys got a temper booming bass sounds. the best thing about it is that it hase a delay effect, a very good delay effect, which you just ont see on any other drum machines. and adds a lot of varity and originality in the drum loops you program and on top of every thing its cheap real cheap, so if your thinking of getting one stop thinking and buy it.

i did, and so did liam from the prodigy, the chemical brothers and nine inch nails to name a few

Anubis

u mean the normal Electrive er 1 ey? theres no drum machine called that way...I havnt heard much good stuff bout it. But the drums seem alright then ey.

so its worth the buy, interesting

Ekko

No, it's good.

For that money (ebay ~ 250
Tradition IS a tradition

Fabian

maybe thatll be my next buy then, hmm

p.s. I have a song ready this week i think, karma only

p.s.s. my login name doesnt work again!

Arie

/Edit

I'm going to start this posting completely over. It seems like I haven't read the Korg web site properly. I've been looking into the ER1 and the ES1. The ER1 has been replaced with the ER1 MKII. I'm curious about the differences between the ER1 MKII and the ES1. "Take a look at the Korg web site," you might say, I have, but I would like a simple answer since when it comes to this kind of equipment I'm a simple person ;) Can anyone explain me the main difference? What I've heard till now is that the ES1 is basically the bigger brother of the ER1 and thus also of the ER1 MKII. Can I do the same with an ES1 as I would be able to do with an ER1 MKII? What can I do with the ES1 which I cannot do with an ER1 MKII (and if applicable, the other way around)? For what I can find out, the ES1 is more of a sampler as well and it has some very nice effects. Looking forward to reading the replies. Thank you!

Lasssa

Quote/Edit

I'm going to start this posting completely over. It seems like I haven't read the Korg web site properly. I've been looking into the ER1 and the ES1. The ER1 has been replaced with the ER1 MKII. I'm curious about the differences between the ER1 MKII and the ES1. "Take a look at the Korg web site," you might say, I have, but I would like a simple answer since when it comes to this kind of equipment I'm a simple person ;) Can anyone explain me the main difference? What I've heard till now is that the ES1 is basically the bigger brother of the ER1 and thus also of the ER1 MKII. Can I do the same with an ES1 as I would be able to do with an ER1 MKII? What can I do with the ES1 which I cannot do with an ER1 MKII (and if applicable, the other way around)? For what I can find out, the ES1 is more of a sampler as well and it has some very nice effects. Looking forward to reading the replies. Thank you!

You really don't give a damn, do you? ;D ;D
signature

Arie

Give a damn about what  ???

Lasssa

QuoteGive a damn about what
signature

Arie

I don't quite follow you... ???

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.