W-30

Started by Chef C, October 01, 2002, 04:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chef C

I was wondering if it is possible (with W-30 disks) to somehow convert them to a format on my PC to use in tracking programs???
 :)

juGe

That would be great.. I would also like to know if that's possible.. I just don't think so.. :(

Anyway.. do people have w30 song or sample disks here?
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

Well, SDISK can read all kinds of samplerdisks like the W30, write it to a file on your HD and back to disk again.
BTW, i'm not exactly sure what the differences are between v1.0 and v1.1, but they both are supposed zo work similar. I don't know what format it writes, though.

Then there's SMFW30, a small program giving you all kinds of utils like Wget, Wput, Wdir, delete, memo-edit, etc.
Unfortunately just a trial version - it can be used 10 times for free.

I found some disks on ebay, lately.
Sometimes people sell some disks per music mags.
Tradition IS a tradition

Daybeat

hey, i got a W30, and lot of disks full of shit some years ago just surfing sites likes those;

http://komputermatrix.com/eim/w30/roland_w30_index.htm
http://www.c-trl.com/w30/index.html

sure you'll find interesting stuff there!

Stuff

How does the W-30 sequencer look like on the little screen??
I've always imagined that it looks like a stepsequencer in a tracker... because everything Liam has programmed on it seems so tight and "step by step". But that's just a thought.

afrosticks

Hello everyone, i'm new to the board.
I just bought a w-30 last week, Its my first synth. My god is that thing a bitch to figure out. I've been up five days straight and only now is it starting to make a teeny bit of sense, but not really :'(, and i look like a cross between grizzly adams and jabba the hut because of the thing.
 Not only that but instead of whistling tunes all day like i usually do, i'm whistling sound effects, whirring noises, and samples etc, etc. ;D

I got a load of floppy disks with it, and also the original ZeroG sample cd's, but i'll be damned if i know what to do with them.
I've been reading the manual so much, my eyes hurt, and its not making sense. Yeah, yeah, i know i'm a bit thick.
But does anyone know of a good page that explains the thing, simply. I don't have the patience of an adolescent Howlett. :-[

Stuff

Hi man, yes its a bitch

Arie

Welcome Afrosticks :)

afrosticks

Cheers for the welcome boyas ;D and for the links.

I'm still in contact with the guy i bought it from, but i didn't wanna bother him when not even a week has passed. :)

"record everything IN to the machine".....man i don't even have a clue what you mean, as i still can't get it to record a simple "dum dum dum dum" beat. A little patience is all i need. 8)
Thanks for the links again, i'm gonna check em out now.

Sincerely,
The Stickiness of the Frolands *tears whole afro out with one tug* ahem

Stuff

In order to play with any sound you want you have to record it (in other words: "sample it") into the sampler first.  ;)

But maybe you received some good diskettes along with the W30 to play around with. I only got some outdated standard Roland Sound Library disks with mine so i prefer to use my own samples.

Good luck!

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.