Yo Ekko or anyone help me out!

Started by Firestarter, August 31, 2002, 01:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firestarter

Whoever is REALLY really good at understanding techno Synths.

If any of you heard of BT's track "Tao Of The Machine" it was featured on "Blade II" soundtrack, now...if you dont have it could please download it or something and help me with the synth or whatever it is...ok The track is supposed to be only 3:16 it's the original full version so, Please listen real carefully for the background sound starting at 36 seconds throughtout 42. It repeats 3 times. Tell me what is it? what instrument creates that kind of Loop or sound or whatever it is! I really want to know!!!

Firestarter

Arie

It's weekend, give it a rest for now mate. I mostly post on Boards only during the week, not in the weekend. Someone will reply, but maybe tomorrow or the day after. Remember, it's weekend and holidays for some, so... Besides that, if I were you I would have posted this in the Equipment thread (where Ekko is a moderator by the way) since it belongs there more than here I think. Anyway, be patient, you'll get a reply soon, I'm sure. Have a nice Sunday still :)

Ekko

Whoever is REALLY really good at understanding techno Synths.

If any of you heard of BT's track "Tao Of The Machine" it was featured on "Blade II" soundtrack, now...if you dont have it could please download it or something and help me with the synth or whatever it is...ok The track is supposed to be only 3:16 it's the original full version so, Please listen real carefully for the background sound starting at 36 seconds throughtout 42. It repeats 3 times. Tell me what is it? what instrument creates that kind of Loop or sound or whatever it is! I really want to know!!!

Hi Firestarter, that's quite simple, it's just a Roland TB303.
Maybe some FX behind.
And yeah, it could be Rebirth as well, you can't tell.
If you want to create sounds like this, look at ebay for a used TB303 and pay a shitload of money for a 25 year old machine and get Kenton Midibox as well, or just d/l Rebirth 338 for PC, it features 2 of them as software-versions plus another old Roland-achine from the same time, the TR909, the ultimate drumcomputer for retrofreaks and others.

Good track by the way, I always hated The Roots, but this is cool. Nice flute sound in the beginning!

Cheers

P.s.: Listen all, if you ask me, it's about time to hand Arie our
"loveliest-dude-on-the-board"-award out, what do you think?

[I always hope that 'lovely' only means what *I* mean, and *I* mean "nice" and "friendly" and so on, lol]
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

P.s.: Listen all, if you ask me, it's about time to hand Arie our
"loveliest-dude-on-the-board"-award out, what do you think?

[I always hope that 'lovely' only means what *I* mean, and *I* mean "nice" and "friendly" and so on, lol]
I'm so nice ;)

Firestarter

Hey Ekko thanx! I got the Rebirth 338 on my PC now, do you think you know how to play that sound featured in Tao of the Machine?  :D

Ekko without own PC

Hi Firestarter

Made it yet?

That's not very difficult, I try to remember the sound, it should be low resonance (turn up to about a quarter),
cut off not too high and play with the rest.
You only have a few knobs, so it should be right in a few minutes. Otherwise, there should be some presets.

Have fun

Firestarter

Ekko, do u know if there is a Roland W30 for download like Re-Birth? trial version?  :D

Ekko

Wa?

No man, no way.
Nobody could use that.
The w-30 is just a keyboard with a bad sampler section and a sequencer, plus a minimal syntheziser.
All the synthesizer-stuff on it is very old and can be found in every simple (-more or less-) software sequencer.
Sampler and sequencer on pc: get cubase or a tracker or something.
Or just get the original w-30. It's cheap.
Tradition IS a tradition

Stuff

here we ago again this night, I'm spreading my messages around now when I'm able to log in here again.
*..ok, cut it Stuff!..*
:)

Just want to add something to this 6 month old discussion.
The W-30's sample section isn't bad at all. It's actually the best h/w sampler I've ever used. The only bad thing with it is that you only can have 14.4 seconds of sounds in it (unless you want really lo-fi sound - 32 seconds).

/ the Alter-looper

Ekko

Right, it lies in the viewers eye...
I'm just selling my old AKai S700 on eBay and I think it is quite a simple and easy machine, that can do pretty much nothing.
But the ease of use is incredible. I wish every other sampler would be like that.
Even the s1000 lacks the comfort.
I wonder how much it will get me....
Tradition IS a tradition

Stuff

Yea I see what you mean, the old ones is pretty hard to tweak. But the soundquality in them is ruffer, I just love the fatness in the beats I'm banging out from the W-30.

But I've heard that the old Akai S612 has a special function, don't remember exactly what it was.. But it was something about controlling loop-points in realtime. Some pro's still use it because of that so it just has to be cool (even tho it only is able to use one (8-bit) sample at the time, saved on 2,8" diskettes :-)

Man I cant find any S700 on eBay, is it www.ebay.com you are using?
Ebay has become my second home, I'm actually improving my hardware studio with eBay..

Regards

Ekko

Yeah, but try to find those 2.8" babies...
The S700 used them as well and I searched a whole lifetime for them... Bad bad QuickDisks!

The S612 actually had faders for determining the loop-points *krrrk*krrrrrk*

Which is sooo funny to use!
Plus it was black. All the other Akai-stuff is greeyyyyy.
I plan on buying an old MPC2000XL in the near future, it just rounds this terrible MIDI-latency off. Sort of.
Hell, we need a new standard...

Right, I always buy my stuff at eBay or other Auction-sites.
Mostly, if I sell, I'll do it at eBay, but buying things, I rather look at the smaller sites, they usually aren't as expensive as eBay.

I'm selling @ eBay.de
I just found some SP1200 and SP12 Turbos at eBay.com and it really brings the tears up... Such lovely machines, such horrifying prices... *buuhhhuaaa*

I definitely need one of those old HipHop-machines right now.
Can't match the phatness of an old SP1200-BD...
My...

I can't understand why any cat would sell his SP, ever...
Well, there aren't many around, so...

*sigh* better go to bed now.
Cry a little bit.
Sleep. Wake up, cry a lil bit more.
Go out and think about the SP. Nervous breakdown.
Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.