new prodigy book

Started by antz, November 09, 2001, 03:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antz

I was just browsing through a catalogue and came across a new book for 2001 titled 'Prodigy Sanctuary' heres some details about it... Prodigy : Sanctuary by James Martin, Story of the most controversial, exciting and incendiary band to have hit the music scene since punk. Forthcoming - Due November 2001.

This could be by the same author as the Adventures With The Voodoo Crew 'Martin James' and is probably unofficial!

Just thought I'd let you fellow collectors know. But it probably holds nothing what we don't already know..?

Oh, and speaking about books, Does anyone own a prodge book titled Digital Voodoo?? This is a French book and I was wondering if it was written in French or English, either way I'd like this book for my collection so if anyone knows where I can get it then I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

juGe

Yeah.. I can confirm that. Martin James mailed to me about the new book couple of months ago. I can't tell yet anything more but when I have more to tell about that I'll put it to my page.
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

martinjames

Yes its the same Martin James - me in fact!
It will be a complete rewrite of 'Adventures...' with loads of info that you might not know, and a lot that you will know.
Like, what are the new tracks really like? What does 'No Souv...' sound like? What was Guru's version of Maxim's Scheming like?... What Leeroy's real name? and so on....
It will be almost twice the length of the original, (120,000 words) with photos from some of the band's personal collections (TBC).
Although niether of my Prodigy books has been official, they've been written with full cooperation of the band.
i'll keep you posted with info if you're interested
martin

Ekko

Hi there,

it's always hard to believe someone on the internet,
so I don't know if you are the real Martin James (sorry for the doubt, if you are), but however, have you already scheduled the releasedate for the new book?

And more important, will there be any pictures / facts on Liams studio or his working behaviors?

Greetings,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

Yep, I know that he is the real one, but it would be nice if Martin could register his nick to this board. It would be easier to prove that he really is the real Martin James :)
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

Yep, I know that he is the real one, but it would be nice if Martin could register his nick to this board. It would be easier to prove that he really is the real Martin James :)

Plus, we would bind him to the board a little more...
(If he replys, I chatted to someone who talked to
the band - weeuuw!
Man, I'm such a nerd today  :D )
Tradition IS a tradition

martin james

???
not sure how i can prove myself! i'm also the person who wrote the history of drum'n'bass called 'State of bass' if that means anything to you! oh and the original version of the voodoo crew was dedicated to tansey (my girlfriend) and ruby blue (my daughter) and my nickname is St8ofbass
Anyway, I am the real me and the book has been scheduled for June 2002
peace
martin

Ekko

Thank you for the information,
are you able to share some more details about the book?

I think you don't need to prove anything anymore.
When did you start with the book?
Is it already finished?
It's a long time till June, you're welcome to spoil something from it

Greetings,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

Welcome on the board Martin :)

On a side note, I noticed you own one of the 25 too, just like me :) How did you obtain it? Did you get it from Liam himself?

martin

can't share much with you just yet (lawyers have got to go through it). i do describe some new material tho!! started it last summer and finished it last week, although i might be adding some more when liam gets back

i got my copy of DC promo from XL, but i've got a copy that Liam burned for me with his own tag on it. it's the second version of the breezeblock session. as you know, there were quite a few (about 12) versions before it got to promo. he gave it to me cos i suggested the session to both liam and mary-anne hobbs in the first place. thats why i get a thanks on the album credits!

peace
m

paulbi1

Martin,

Your book "adv. with the voodoo crew" was much better than "electr...punks".....respect!!!!(without kiss-arseing to much.

C'mon Martin, now dont be shy surely you could di-vulge a little info on maybe say....new single soon?...or album this year? and dont say you dont know cos your mates with them!!!

pauly b

ChemicaL

i got my copy of DC promo from XL, but i've got a copy that Liam burned for me with his own tag on it.

Hey, Martin, could you get one for me?

....just kidding... it would be nice tho  ;)

p.s. keep up the good work.

later....
-=www.dirtchamber.org=-

kenzie

???
Anyway, I am the real me and the book has been scheduled for June 2002
peace
martin

wait a minute , didn't the book review say something like:
Released  ;)to coincide with their long-awaited fourth album, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned,  ??? ??? :-*this book is a collaboration between Prodigy and their personal friend Martin James. Drawing on exclusive interviews with the band and their colleagues, it charts the band's birth in Essex, recounts their earliest gigs and recalls the initial media disinterest and their first disastrous US tour.

so that means AONO is coming out JUNE 2002??
mmmm....
you've got to open up your eyes and see the light

St8ofbass

I didn't write that book blurb. It definateky won't be coinciding with an album, but more than likely a single. And I can't say what that is just yet!!!

paulbi1

Hi Martin,

If its single thats great, makes sense i suppose with all the summer festivals coming up, but martin can you tell us if their doing Glastonbury??? as im going and it would make my bloody year if they played, ive only seen them live once in five years man!!!

P.s One last question: Is the new single one of.....trigger, nuclear or BGAT???? Thats not giving to much away is it?

Mucho respecto
Hope the books a success!!!(I'll buy it, see their one copy sold!!!) ;D

cheers

pauly b

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.