The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Death of the prodigy dancers

Started by fj, November 06, 2001, 05:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj

This was a cool track only it was only live. this would of being bloody awsome if they made it in the studio, which brings me to my next question...

Did they?

what_evil_lurks

no idea, but probably no.
I thought I have already posted one interesting question (for me) ;),but I'm unable to find whether it's posted or not...
have you any notion of the reason because liam opted to include a track like goa (the heat the energy, part 2) in voodoo people single instead of a brand new track like we eat rhythm??
sometimes I cannot understand artists.. ;D,
also, I've seen that the out of space elektra single contains jericho-live version... does it sound good? was it recorded in 1992? this is one on the few prodigy items that I still do not have.
thanks

antz

have you any notion of the reason because liam opted to include a track like goa (the heat the energy, part 2) in voodoo people single instead of a brand new track like we eat rhythm??
Goa, I like this track... Appreciate it a bit more!... We Eat Rhythm probably wouldn't fit on this single anyway!
Me neither :(
also, I've seen that the out of space elektra single contains jericho-live version... does it sound good? was it recorded in 1992?
Yes that version of Jericho is good and far better than the live version of Music Reach on the european singles of OOS. It was recorded in 1992

what_evil_lurks

yes, it is select, sorry. :)
you know, if you can gei it again.... ;D

Arie

No, for as far as I know they never did a studio recording of Death Of The Prodigy Dancers. As for We Eat Rhythm, it was already out before Voodoo People got released, so it wasn't new anymore - why put an older tune on a new single? Liam still had Goa which he needed to put out, so I think the choice was easily made. Aslo, I think that Goa fits better on the Voodoo People single than We Eat Rhythm. The live version of Jericho is better than the live version of Music Reach, I agree.

Sam

no idea, but probably no.
I thought I have already posted one interesting question (for me) ;),but I'm unable to find whether it's posted or not...
also, I've seen that the out of space elektra single contains jericho-live version... does it sound good? was it recorded in 1992? this is one on the few prodigy items that I still do not have.
thanks

He probaly did this cuz he wanted to give a faster chance o give people to hear the second half of The Heat The Energy which was of course, cut in half for the MFTLG cd.  I'd like to see liam release the FULL version of The Heat (The Energy)

Ekko

Oh, interesting, so it was meant as one piece?

But it wasn't recorded as one single track, that's for sure.
Liam also said that he did Goa together with his studio-engineer Neill McLellan live tweaking

A stunning track I find.
Tradition IS a tradition

musicwithedge

they should remaster pandemonium. brilliant track, just needs refreshed.

Ekko

Really, they should have putted remastered old tracks
on the second CD of the E.Expanded, would have been way more thrilling then.
Tradition IS a tradition

techno4yourhead

Yeh it was originally 1 track but Liam had to cut half of it off, he also had to put ther radio edit of One Love and totally drop We Eat Rhythm cos CDs can only hold 75 mins of choons.

DENOX

The track death of the prodigy dancers is only a live track, you won
WWW.MUNDOPRODIGY.CJB.NET

WWW.LIAMHOWLETT.CJB.NET

ChemicaL_OnE

Yeh it was originally 1 track but Liam had to cut half of it off, he also had to put ther radio edit of One Love and totally drop We Eat Rhythm cos CDs can only hold 75 mins of choons.

Interesting, back then they had a whole bunch of tracks and they couldnt even decide which on to put on the album or if there's going to be any room for another one... and now, well you all know what's happening now.

They, unfortunately, cant even put together and album with more than 8-10 tracks. Im dissapointed in a way cause of that. Dont know, we all deserver a little bit more after 5 years of silence, dont you agree?

Ekko

They, unfortunately, cant even put together and album with more than 8-10 tracks. Im dissapointed in a way cause of that. Dont know, we all deserver a little bit more after 5 years of silence, dont you agree?

If you see it this way you're right, but I think that it's rather a mark of quality. As Liam stated once, he wrote the older tracks so fast, it was horrible, because they all sounded the same (not my opinion here).
On the FOTL he wrote more slowly and got the perfectionist out.

But 5 years are a lot, that's right.
He didn't write all the time, though. When did he start? Winter of 2001? As it sounded he's still in the writing-process. He needed about 1+1/4 years for the FOTL, afaic.
I think it's alright. He still is very fast.

Greets,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

Anyway.. in 1998 Liam stated that he had written 5 tunes and will probably release them later as an EP.. so I wonder where are the tunes now.. :)
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

ChemicaL_OnE

If you see it this way you're right, but I think that it's rather a mark of quality. As Liam stated once, he wrote the older tracks so fast, it was horrible, because they all sounded the same (not my opinion here).
On the FOTL he wrote more slowly and got the perfectionist out.

Don't get me wrong here, Ekko. I understand that it's a mark of quality but there's only one thing that doesnt fit in here: He started to write only last winter so I dont think he was writing for the whole 5 years. Right? So basically, he will write the new album in the period of...what...12 months?

As for the EP  he was talking about in '98... well... he said a lot things back then  ;)

Bye now.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.