The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

No/One Man Army

Started by Acid_Twin, December 23, 2001, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid_Twin

I personally like No Man Army more than One Man Army - without the vocals the song just rocks.

Why oh why was this not on FOTL? It's easily one of their best tracks.

-cid

juGe

Why oh why was this not on FOTL? It's easily one of their best tracks.

This is actually the first officially released track that liam did in Dirtchamber. So, this has been made after the recording of TFOTL.. cause TFOTL is recorded at Earthbound.
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Acid_Twin

Hmmm, didnt the SMBU EP come out before the album was released?
If so, No Man Army is on that EP...........

Which means it could have been on the album?

Its an awsome song tho, not many talk about it for some reason, imho its easily one of their best tracks.

-cid

juGe

TFOTL was released June 30th 1997in Europe... and SMBU November 17th 1997.. anyway.. I think liam has been working with the track long time, but it wasn't just ready for TFOTL.. there was loads of rumors before the releases of TFOTL that Tom Morello will play guitar in some tracks on TFOTL and then there was also rumor that Liam will produce Morello's solo album too.

Yeah.. you are right it's damn nice song with the lyrics or without.. I have also fan of RATM so this was great surprise to me when it got released :)

BTW have you heard "The Name Of The Game" by The Crystal Method.. Tom has done again some guitars for electronic track.. it's just shame that the track is pretty lame.. :/ typical guitar/electronic/shit/.. yeah.. but the same album has also some other better tracks without Morello and I think many of Prodigy fans would like it a lot.

free_your_mind

It is great coz Tom Morello is playing guitar on it.
Every sound that isn't drums or bass is made on his guitar by Morello.
The best facking guitarist in the world.
Viva de la Rocha e rabina contra nela machina!!!
www.uft.dyns.net
liberty and justice for all

Acid_Twin

True, i have Two Crystal Method albums, a lot of good stuff.

I dunno what the craze is with Orbital though, all the songs i have heard from them sound like 16bit car racing game music.

-cid

juGe

True, i have Two Crystal Method albums, a lot of good stuff.

I dunno what the craze is with Orbital though, all the songs i have heard from them sound like 16bit car racing game music.

-cid

Yeah.. it depends.. I'm really into orbital's older stuff.. the new album is fucking lame.. Anyway.. Middle Of The Nowhere is on my album list on top2 (TFOTL is nr.1 ;) It's damn great album.. every track just fits on it.. I suggest you to check out tracks like "Know Where To Run", "Satan", "Nothing Left pt1 and pt2" and "The Box (30min version)"

"Satan.. Satan.. Sataaaaaaan" ;D

Acid_Twin

Satan is cool, thats in with Kirk Hammet right?

Crystal Method - (Can't You) Trip Like I Do, one of the older Crystal Method tracks, fuxing awsome song.

Chemical Brothers - needless to say they are one of the best, i would love to see the chems and prodigy doing some tracks together $

Fluke are okayish as well

-acid

Ekko

The new Crystal Method-tracks are great, from those good old-time groups I like Primal Scream a lot as well and the older Jon Carter things (when he was doing Monkey Mafia, btw, wasn't he supposed to drop out another record soon?) but I never liked Leftfield that much. I don't know why so much people say the first album was so innovative and special.
The new album isn't as well, I find. I like Swords and Dusted and that's about it.

It's not too much outstanding electronic music out there anymore.
Dust Brothers are quite good, but not too special.
Innovative were that Christian Vogel-stuff, The Super_Collider project for example, was exellent, or does anyone remember the first wipE'out'' -game? I'm not sure, but I believe only the PC-version had that Psygnosis soundtrack, written by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRage, which was actually verrry cool.
A little like 808 STate, but wilder.
And then there's Asian Dub F., nice too, but that's pretty much it from the harder electronic-scene.

Oh it's a pity, it's a bit like a downgoing ship, all you get nowadays is shitty house-music and HipHop / R'n'B and commercial stuff like that. I moved back again and started to hear older stuff (very old) to get that underground-feeling back again

Tradition IS a tradition

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.