Does anyone have Prodigy Accapellas

Started by fj, September 07, 2002, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj

Mainly i need Babys got a temper but if there are others out there i would like to get my hands on them, gonna try remixing

robotix

don't even think about it man!
tha so is sooo wicked that no one is ever allowed to remix it! not even DJ Remix himself.
I can sing you the a cappella version if you like me to ;)

Firestarter

:DOne thing a Love about A Capella is that u can use the samples and put them in my Movies that I make! Sweeet!

Arie

The only officially released acapella is the one of Baby's Got A Temper. You can make some acapellas yourself if you have both the normal version with lyrics as an instrumental of the same track. How to do that, I think that Ekko, Zed or someone else on the Equipment board can help you out better.

Zed

QuoteThe only officially released acapella is the one of Baby's Got A Temper. You can make some acapellas yourself if you have both the normal version with lyrics as an instrumental of the same track. How to do that, I think that Ekko, Zed or someone else on the Equipment board can help you out better.
actually, i think there is the acapella on LP (dunno what version for sure) of BGAT. but i think it's useless for remix ;) and yes, an acapella can be extracted with using the original and the intrumental version. but it's can be pretty complicated to do this (if versions were mixed with different equalizer sets for example). technically it looks like:

a = intrumental
b = original
c = vocal

a + c = b
b - a = c
b - c = a
etc...

but we need b-a formula. it mean you need take original and negative instrumental version, then mix it 50\50 or 100/100, but you need take totally the same parts to mix, i.e. the same position (it's pretty hard to find that position) in each parts. anyway, the main thing here is to understand the principle.
or just find acappela somewhere in the net...

btw, that technology allows to extract other samples from the track... but it's my own secret  :)
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

ekko in hh

its not very difficult, the trick is to cut both signals on a sample-exact position, depending on the resolution of the audio-file. very simple with pro tools free, then just invert the phase and its done.
the result is amazingly good (wekk, totally equal), as long as the signals are exactly the same, otherwise you wiillhave fragments

Zed

yeh, but when you got two shitty mp3s sampled from different sources instead wav's, extraction becomes not so simple...

fj

Sounds complicated

Could someone do it for me and send it via email,
i will pm you my email addy if anyone is willing?

Zed

QuoteSounds complicated

Could someone do it for me and send it via email,
i will pm you my email addy if anyone is willing?

actually, i got acapella wav grabbed from lp... i'll upload the ogg of the acapella soon to www.theprodigy.ru, wait for a couple of days and i'll give you the link.

fj

Blink

zed, where have you bought the CD? and, will you remix BGAT?

Zed

Quotezed... i owe you one
heh... many peeps owe me many things... but there are too much of them, i can't remember anything :)

Quotezed, where have you bought the CD? and, will you remix BGAT?
i could buy it (bootleg) right here, but i didn't. Brainkiller has sent me the CD. and it seems i have to remix BGAT. i'm busy atm, and i can't say when the remix will be done, after all, i need time, because i want out high quality stuff only. so, wait a bit, i think it won't be second "dub" :)

Blink

Quotei'm busy atm, and i can't say when the remix will be done, after all, i need time, because i want out high quality stuff only. so, wait a bit, i think it won't be second "dub" :)

LOL! anyway, can't wait to hear your mix man. hope you won't do it after the next prodge single  ;D

Zed

Quotehope you won't do it after the next prodge single

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.