what a drop

Started by antz, July 15, 2002, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antz

just checked the charts at the Radio 1 website and BGAT is now at number 22 in the UK, now that is quite a big drop from number 5 - I know I didn't like it but I thought the kids would.

zed (logged out)

Quotejust checked the charts at the Radio 1 website and BGAT is now at number 22 in the UK
there you go! haha....

..steady..

To be honset i would have loved B.G.A.T to go in at num 1 and stay their for a bit , not for the sake of a num 1 just to fuck the charts up !
But it just`s shows why we need more bands like The Prodigy when you get a bunch of muppets called scooter or some shit like that ,getting a better chart place.

We are moveing dangerous close to all our bands being manufactured  :'( like gareth gates ect.........pop stars sucks ass even for kids !!!!!!!

.........steady...........
ProdigyPunk since 92

robo65uk

To be honset i would have loved B.G.A.T to go in at num 1 and stay their for a bit , not for the sake of a num 1 just to fuck the charts up !

It wouldn't be that exciting. Prodigy did that five years ago with firestarter and breathe. BGAT isn't a change in direction from these tracks so really, it shouldn't have much of an effect on the charts.

QuoteBut it just`s shows why we need more bands like The Prodigy

We need more bands like Prodigy at their creative best not at their lazy worst with tracks like BGAT.

Quotewhen you get a bunch of muppets called scooter or some shit like that ,getting a better chart place.

Definitely.

QuoteWe are moveing dangerous close to all our bands being manufactured

DJ_Slow

That's pretty impressive!!! That drop is traditionaly associated with bands with a large fan base. Radiohead, Placebo and Blur have all had drops like that. So it sounds like it's mainly the fans who are buying it and not the kids.
Help me crack the friggin' code at http://www.angelfire.com/band2/prodigycode

antz

That drop is traditionaly associated with bands with a large fan base. Radiohead, Placebo and Blur have all had drops like that. So it sounds like it's mainly the fans who are buying it and not the kids.

Is that just a theory? or just general knowledge?

DJ_Slow

Theory, to be honest. But all the bands I mentioned have all had drops from the top five to the top 30 within 1 week. It's in the guiness book of hit singles.
Help me crack the friggin' code at http://www.angelfire.com/band2/prodigycode

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.