NEW BABY2 Promo

Started by wolf eater, June 19, 2002, 08:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf eater

There is a new promo at the XL website called Promo 2. They have also but up the 12" single as well, you will notice it only has 3 versions of the song and the promo 2 has 4.

Arie

Can't be called that new since it has been out for more than a week already. I have to admit that XL-Recordings is doing a good job though for the collectors out there by selling some too for this price...! :)

wolf eater

It is very cool. Im happy to see that BABY1 isnt avaible anymore, that means there cant be too many of them out there.

Arie

I've heard numbers between 700 and 900 in total, but I've seen boxes full of them everywhere so somewhere in my mind it says that it's more than that really... Anyway, XL-Recordings said if I'm not mistaken that there were 900 of them or something like that, but I would need to check to make sure. On a side note, it's not XL-Recordings who gave them out, it's Liam Howlett himself. XL-Recordings only does the selling; the shipping, promotion, handling and all that.

wolf eater

900 would make it very very rare.
Cool I just got my maverick promo.

Arie

Even if the amount of copies is low, it doesn't always have to mean that the item is rare. Take for instance the jukebox promotional copies of Firestarter or Breathe. There are only 500 copies of each, but both are still available for low prices. The same goes for these Baby's Got A Temper promotional records which are sold by XL-Recordings. The fact that XL-Recordings sells them themselves makes it even less rare since normally you can't buy them from them.

I've seen so many of these new XL-Recordings promotional copies for such low prices, that at the moment I wouldn't call it rare. Maybe in a year or so it will be more rare. But well, like I already mentioned, take a look at those more recent jukebox promotional copies. It's been years ago that they have been released and they aren't worth that much.

An original What Evil Lurks is worth more than one of those new Baby's Got A Temper promotional copies which are sold now by XL-Recordings, whereas of those original What Evil Lurks records there have been around 7000 made and of these new promotional copies 900 lets say.

How hard something is to get is how rare it is. The more are made, the easier it is to get most of the time. But if you take a look at the example above, you will see that this is not always the case. In Dutch we say 'what the idiot is willing to pay for it', that also raises the value. And of course, is an item wanted by the public?

(I hope my reply made sense ;)

wolf eater

Ok but you cant compare WEL with BGAT because we all know WEL is gonna be harder to get than BGAT.
Im not trying to disagree with anything your saying but I know I would love my copy of BGAT more if I knew there was only 898 other fans out there with it. And of corse your gonna be able to pick it up on ebay cause there is always gonna be ppl trying to make money off it.(And XL do not sell them anymore)

Arie

I'm not trying to disagree either. Just giving my ten cents, and with my ten cents, my two cents is free... ;) I should stop listening to that Eminem ;p I agree with that, if you know that there are only x other people who can have it too, it makes it more special. I've once thought about buying a lot of those Firestarter jukebox copies. There are only 500 of those in the world and I've seen so many of them for sale quite cheap, that I would have had a lot of them by now which would be funny ;) "Yeah, I own 100 of the 500 copies" ;p

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.