the return of DMC

Started by St8ofbass, June 12, 2002, 02:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St8ofbass

i've already mentioned this to neko but i thought that some of you might also find this kinda funny.
the cover to bgat has been designed by Jimmy Turrell and Richard Turvey. Richard is the art editor at 7 (i used to be managing editor at 7 - which is a UK dance mag, us version called Mixer - in case you've not heard of it). Jimmy is 7's main illustrator. 7 is published by DMC,who were responsible for Mixmag back in the days of the offending prod article. 7 was launched after they sold mixmag to emap. in many ways DMC (the publishers)were more responsible for the offensive angle that mixmag were taking at that time than the editors...
 so... ironic that the DMC team are now designing for prodigy!!!

Arie

Not to forget the Mulder Exclusive Mix of Funky Shit which was released on one of Mixmag's compilations. First they slag off The Prodigy, later they proudly announce that they've got an exclusive track on one of their releases. I found that funny as well, but I must admit that your story is better ;)

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.