Posted by Jeerapaet
- October 10, 2002, 10:56:52 PMHi. I just got a W-30 and I'm pretty much new to MIDI (I've been recording regular old audio by using my drum machine (dr-202)to make sure I keep time while I play synth parts by hand and with arppegiator). So, anyway, with the W-30 sequencer:
1)would it be best to sync my drum machine (which you can program entire 'songs' into by linking patterns together) to the W-30 or to program the beats in the W-30 sequencer itself, just using the drum sounds from the dr-202, and then copy like an 8 measure section of that beat to use throughout song.
2)for those of you who are good at sequencing with the W-30, how long does it usually take you to just enter the steps of the sequence (whole song) excluding the time you spend on the creative process of songwriting? I mean, it took me like 10min to just enter a simple 8 measure beat.
thanks a lot. I'm sure i'll have more questions later as i explore the W-30 more.
1)would it be best to sync my drum machine (which you can program entire 'songs' into by linking patterns together) to the W-30 or to program the beats in the W-30 sequencer itself, just using the drum sounds from the dr-202, and then copy like an 8 measure section of that beat to use throughout song.
2)for those of you who are good at sequencing with the W-30, how long does it usually take you to just enter the steps of the sequence (whole song) excluding the time you spend on the creative process of songwriting? I mean, it took me like 10min to just enter a simple 8 measure beat.
thanks a lot. I'm sure i'll have more questions later as i explore the W-30 more.
Posted by Ekko
- May 10, 2002, 05:46:42 PMWhen I have the next opportunity to get one, I think I'll get one.
We could exchange sounds then
Cheers
P.s.: How does it look at Roland's there...?
We could exchange sounds then
Cheers
P.s.: How does it look at Roland's there...?
Posted by juGe
- May 09, 2002, 11:50:34 PMQuote
Mh, what I'm really interested in, is, if the W's totally functional.
Have you checked it through yet?
The most common thing breaking down on it is the LCD-screen and the keys of course.
Have you played all keys yet?
Sometimes the W starts to make some scratchy noises when you give out too much signals. Are all outputs ok?
And I heard that the midi-ports are very susceptible to damage.
Maybe you can find some old disks, they're compatible to an old Roland disk-standart from that time, so they shouldn't be rare.
Have fun!
Yeah.. it's actually in very good condition.. I have tried to check it out.. and it works fine.. all keys are ok and so is the LCD-screen.. and there is no problem if something happens cause I know some peeps from Roland scandinavia and I think they can repair it easily
Actually Roland scandinavia's office is in the very same building where I'm working
I have been there several times checking their stuff.. nice shit 
I have actually already find some s-50 disks and they work fine.. and then I have even manage to transfer some own stuff from pc to w-30... aww

Posted by Ekko
- May 09, 2002, 07:06:23 PMMh, what I'm really interested in, is, if the W's totally functional.
Have you checked it through yet?
The most common thing breaking down on it is the LCD-screen and the keys of course.
Have you played all keys yet?
Sometimes the W starts to make some scratchy noises when you give out too much signals. Are all outputs ok?
And I heard that the midi-ports are very susceptible to damage.
Maybe you can find some old disks, they're compatible to an old Roland disk-standart from that time, so they shouldn't be rare.
Have fun!
Have you checked it through yet?
The most common thing breaking down on it is the LCD-screen and the keys of course.
Have you played all keys yet?
Sometimes the W starts to make some scratchy noises when you give out too much signals. Are all outputs ok?
And I heard that the midi-ports are very susceptible to damage.
Maybe you can find some old disks, they're compatible to an old Roland disk-standart from that time, so they shouldn't be rare.
Have fun!
Posted by juGe
- May 09, 2002, 05:18:22 PMTo be honest I bought it recently and I haven't had really time to get into it.. but yeah.. I'm planning to maybe buy some effects or some other stuff too.. only problem is that I just don't have too much time atm. I'm newbie in this stuff, but I hope I have some time to learn things and have fun 
but if peeps have some nice sample disks or song disk they can freely contact me

but if peeps have some nice sample disks or song disk they can freely contact me

Posted by Ekko
- May 09, 2002, 04:52:47 PMReally? Do you use it? Do you like it? What effects are you looking for? Ah, bollocks, you don't more than a couple of
SE-70's !
SE-70's !
Posted by juGe
- May 09, 2002, 03:59:15 PMHeh, maybe I should say I have one actually
anyone wanna sell some efects to me? 
anyone wanna sell some efects to me? 
Posted by Ekko
- January 29, 2002, 07:27:16 PMQuote
How you gonnae give me one?
Harr harr, THIS is not your problem dude, just make sure the money's in time...
Watched too much Bullit, I guess
Posted by techno4yourhead
- January 29, 2002, 01:29:48 AMHow you gonnae give me one?
Posted by Ekko
- January 29, 2002, 01:05:17 AMQuote
Well... HAVE YA
You want one?
Quote
That wisnae meant tae be a greetin face by the way, it just came up that way when a pit 3 ?'s next to each other.
??? like that
Well, that's what the "Disable Smilies" - check is for...
Posted by techno4yourhead
- January 28, 2002, 11:46:58 PMThat wisnae meant tae be a greetin face by the way, it just came up that way when a pit 3 ?'s next to each other.
like that
like thatPosted by techno4yourhead
- January 28, 2002, 11:45:33 PMWell... HAVE YA???
