Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 06:17:26 PMQuote
BGAT is old, even liam admitted that.....
Yes only after it got annihilated by some credible journilist's and yes some bad journilist's
I can't see why you think BGAT is Old but could consider Trigger and Nuclear a step forward.
If liam put the lyrics to fuel my fire on Nuclear i would say it's a good remix of a bad tune, because that's all it sounds like is a variation of fuel my fire
Quote
I'm sure Breathe or SMBU, or was it firestarter? were fills at one point a i remember reading?
I don't think so i'd like to hear them! back then liam was sure of alot of his tracks but not all hence Serial Trilla! got tested
on the stage
Quote
Punk sounds like desse, prolly same person.
No im not Desse but like the aforementioned I am from Dublin
Quote
Ahh well, its really narrow minded and sad your judging so early, but again if you dont like it dont listen to em.
Narrow minded ? LOL
please read your quote about me being des
::)
well I heard half of FOTL before it dropped and I had a clear indication of what the album would be like.
And I think the same can be said for AONNO
you'd think I enjoy hating the new material, the fact of the matter is i would like nothing more than to sit here typing about how great the new stuff is and how great the live shows were last week, but that's not the case.
Quote
Personally any style liam uses will be good
-acid
Read the narrow minded quote again!
Later
ThePunk
Posted by Acid_Twin
- July 17, 2002, 05:08:47 PMBGAT is old, even liam admitted that.....
I'm sure Breathe or SMBU, or was it firestarter? were fills at one point a i remember reading?
Punk sounds like desse, prolly same person.
Ahh well, its really narrow minded and sad your judging so early, but again if you dont like it dont listen to em.
Personally any style liam uses will be good, thankfully i'm open minded to all music tho.
-acid
I'm sure Breathe or SMBU, or was it firestarter? were fills at one point a i remember reading?
Punk sounds like desse, prolly same person.
Ahh well, its really narrow minded and sad your judging so early, but again if you dont like it dont listen to em.
Personally any style liam uses will be good, thankfully i'm open minded to all music tho.
-acid
Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 04:20:23 PMQuote
Who says it's going to be 'the bomb'? All I have heard is people saying that they hope that the new album will be good. No one knows, so all we can do is hope. You say that some fans are in denial, I say that like me they are just showing hope.
Out of the five or so tracks that liams talked about on the album I've herd 3 of them and the little jams or fills or whatever you want to call them they have all been below standards, BGAT has fallen out of the charts like a Richard Branson Balloon, so that should give you an idication of what people think about the new matirial
Quote
Sure, but he has only finished a few new tracks thus far so he has nothing to drop yet. Be patient for now I would say. If in half a year from now there are still not really more new live tracks, then you can start to worry I think.
Exactly he has nothing to drop
Quote
Could be. And so what? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. They make music for themselves, not for us really if you think so. For the moment the fact is that we don't know a thing, so all we can do is wait and see what will happen.
Gimmie a break here Arie, I repect you as a person and a Prodigy fan but if you swallow that "....make music for themselves...." line for one second then your as gullible as the next fool
Quote
He's trying to change directions apperantly. No one knows really yet how that will work out. All we can do is wait, but some people have no patience.
Read some of Liams recent quotes from interviews
My favorite is ".. every band has a bad album..."
Quote
You have only heard one single and already you make such remarks. You can't judge an album which isn't even finished by hearing one single.
And what an atrocious mess of an attempt to make music it was and No I didn't buy it!. It's the only Prodigy record i don't own.
I wish you could have seen kieths Pop star style ranting during breathe at witnness the other night it was pittyfull
for a band that once ruled the stage.
Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 04:15:57 PMQuote
Who says it's going to be 'the bomb'? All I have heard is people saying that they hope that the new album will be good. No one knows, so all we can do is hope. You say that some fans are in denial, I say that like me they are just showing hope.
Out of the five or so tracks that liams talked about on the album I've herd 3 of them and the little jams or fills or whatever you want to call them they have all been below standards, BGAT has fallen out of the charts like a Richard Branson Balloon, so that should give you an idication of what people think about the new matirial
Sure, but he has only finished a few new tracks thus far so he has nothing to drop yet. Be patient for now I would say. If in half a year from now there are still not really more new live tracks, then you can start to worry I think.
Exactly he has nothing to drop
Could be. And so what? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. They make music for themselves, not for us really if you think so. For the moment the fact is that we don't know a thing, so all we can do is wait and see what will happen.
Gimmie a break here Arie, I repect you as a person and a Prodigy fan but if you swallow that "....make music for themselves...." line for one second then your as gullible as the next fool
He's trying to change directions apperantly. No one knows really yet how that will work out. All we can do is wait, but some people have no patience.
Read some of Liams recent quotes from interviews
My favorite is ".. every band has a bad album..."
You have only heard one single and already you make such remarks. You can't judge an album which isn't even finished by hearing one single.
And what an atrocious mess of an attempt to make music it was and No I didn't buy it!. It's the only Prodigy record i don't own.
I wish you could have seen kieths Pop star style ranting during breathe at witnness the other night it was pittyfull
for a band that once ruled the stage.
Posted by Arie
- July 17, 2002, 03:12:11 PMQuoteWho says it's going to be 'the bomb'? All I have heard is people saying that they hope that the new album will be good. No one knows, so all we can do is hope. You say that some fans are in denial, I say that like me they are just showing hope.
:-/
It seems to me that there are a lot of Prodigy fans in denial at the moment.
It's like alot of people talking about how AONO is going to be the bomb and how all the new fills are going to blossom into
great tracks , it's not happened before and it's not going to happen.
Quote
when liam has a killer track hes going to drop it
he's not saying "... I'll keep that one a secrect till the album drops..."
Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 02:45:45 PM:-/
It seems to me that there are a lot of Prodigy fans in denial at the moment.
It's like alot of people talking about how AONO is going to be the bomb and how all the new fills are going to blossom into
great tracks , it's not happened before and it's not going to happen.
when liam has a killer track hes going to drop it
he's not saying "... I'll keep that one a secrect till the album drops..."
The fact is in the past he always droped his best tracks live
except some collaborations with vocals
I think everyone should take stock of reality here
Liam said in the past that he wanted to write a full on
punk album , and i've a sneaking suspicion that this is the one
He's stopped using sample's the winning formula he's used for years, hence he has a lack of ideas and resorting to getting bogie riffs and lyrics from kieth.
I've been a fan for years now and at this stage I'm hoping that there will never be another Prodigy album
Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 02:44:44 PM:-/
It seems to me that there are a lot of Prodigy fans in denial at the moment.
It's like alot of people talking about how AONO is going to be the bomb and how all the new fills are going to blossom into
great tracks , it's not happened before and it's not going to happen.
when liam has a killer track hes going to drop it
he's not saying "... I'll keep that one a secrect till the album drops..."
The fact is in the past he always droped his best tracks live
except some collaborations with vocals
I think everyone should take stock of reality here
Liam said in the past that he wanted to write a full on
punk album , and i've a sneaking suspicion that this is the one
He's stopped using sample's the winning formula he's used for years, hence he has a lack of ideas and resorting to getting bogie riffs and lyrics from kieth.
I've been a fan for years now and at this stage I'm hoping that there will never be another Prodigy album
Posted by Arie
- July 17, 2002, 12:57:12 PMQuoteYou give your opinion a bit too much if you ask me. Opening new threads everywhere and the content is always the same really. To me that sounds like you're trying to convert people.
IM NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANYONE ::)
I just dont like to see fans been given wrong idea...thats all
a spade is a spade in my book.....the truth is out there ;)
Neko gives her opinion too, but in my opinion less often than you about this subject. She doesn't keep opening threads and all. She gives her opinion and you give yours. Respect each others opinions; I know that Neko does.
Fans are not given any wrong ideas, fans are given personal opinions. It's up to the people who hear the opinions of others to make up their own opinion. Opinions are always personal, you seem to forget that.
You need to lay back a little mate. We all know your opinion and I personally respect it. Now you have to respect the opinion of others as well...!
Posted by Acid_Twin
- July 17, 2002, 12:57:07 PMTyped that at 2am stoned and drunk to fuck so give me some credit! 
-acid

-acid
Posted by ThePunks
- July 17, 2002, 12:52:10 PMQuote
Accurate to your opinion.
Posted by dessie
- July 17, 2002, 11:41:28 AMIM NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANYONE 
I just dont like to see fans been given wrong idea...thats all
a spade is a spade in my book.....the truth is out there

I just dont like to see fans been given wrong idea...thats all
a spade is a spade in my book.....the truth is out there

Posted by Acid_Twin
- July 17, 2002, 03:22:53 AMQuote
poor chap.
im just telling my review was pretty accurate...im not trying to turn you against the prodigy...just trying to open your eyes...thats all.
Accurate to your opinion. Stop trying to convert everyone here, in your own words we all have our opinion, now lord knows you've force fed your opinion everywhere and way more than enough.
Also, i find it very amusing that the minute we flame or in anyway disagree with your opinion you feel the need to say something cocky back or try again to convert everyone again or simply cry 'i have a right to my opinion'. Yet when we state our opinion you do the same thing.
Drop it already, you've had your say, stop crying, go find another band or please, please, please get over it already.
Posted by ..steady..
- July 17, 2002, 02:23:48 AMExactly "open my eyes to what "
what you trying to prove even if we all agreed with you ?
And dont call me a "poor chap" i slap people for less then that
......steady..........
what you trying to prove even if we all agreed with you ?
And dont call me a "poor chap" i slap people for less then that
......steady..........
Posted by trigger
- July 17, 2002, 01:46:29 AM
Posted by dessie
- July 17, 2002, 01:19:40 AMpoor chap. 
im just telling my review was pretty accurate...im not trying to turn you against the prodigy...just trying to open your eyes...thats all.

im just telling my review was pretty accurate...im not trying to turn you against the prodigy...just trying to open your eyes...thats all.
Posted by ..steady..
- July 17, 2002, 01:08:06 AMFor fuck sake why are you showing me this utter shite i do not give a fuck ok.
what do you want me to say i dont like the prodigy now their
now what only the rest of the fans to make anti-prodigy .
Then what .............
GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND STOP TRYING TO PROVE THAT THE PRODIGY ARE LOSEING THEIR WAY !!!!!!!!!
PRODIGY ARE NUM 1 AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN MY BOOK
.......steady.........
what do you want me to say i dont like the prodigy now their
now what only the rest of the fans to make anti-prodigy .
Then what .............
GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND STOP TRYING TO PROVE THAT THE PRODIGY ARE LOSEING THEIR WAY !!!!!!!!!
PRODIGY ARE NUM 1 AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN MY BOOK
.......steady.........
Posted by dessie
- July 17, 2002, 01:56:44 AM...steady...have a read of this please
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.music.prodigy-the&selm=ah1i9u%24n9t%241%40dorito.esatclear.ie
what do you think?
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.music.prodigy-the&selm=ah1i9u%24n9t%241%40dorito.esatclear.ie
what do you think?
Posted by ..steady..
- July 16, 2002, 07:49:23 PMMOVE ON
.......steady..........
.......steady..........
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 07:33:48 PMpeople cant keep saying the crowd werent up for it..thats just the easy way out
A crowd reacts to what the band are projecting for example liam came to the edge of the stage didnt seem arsed at all...maxim slowley sauntered on stage as if he was taking a midnight stroll in the park! keith came out his usual pitbull self...people in the crowd know when somthing is stale and isnt right...I have a mate that hasnt seen the prodigy since 96....he felt cheated with that performance at witnness...so please dont gimmy the crowd wasnt up for it...their was a massive prodigy contingent their...the band let them down it _THAT_simple.
So the beachrock crowd where lame and also the witness crowd where lame, hmmmm I see a pattern emerging do you?
nah im not buying that for a second mate.
so on the flip side of all the New stuff from the prodigy...we get BGAT, Ill say no more about that
A new book, which is fairly good....until the last chapter when the brown nosing really kicks in.
hmm a new prodigy website.....lets hope its more of a success than the last website
A crowd reacts to what the band are projecting for example liam came to the edge of the stage didnt seem arsed at all...maxim slowley sauntered on stage as if he was taking a midnight stroll in the park! keith came out his usual pitbull self...people in the crowd know when somthing is stale and isnt right...I have a mate that hasnt seen the prodigy since 96....he felt cheated with that performance at witnness...so please dont gimmy the crowd wasnt up for it...their was a massive prodigy contingent their...the band let them down it _THAT_simple.
So the beachrock crowd where lame and also the witness crowd where lame, hmmmm I see a pattern emerging do you?
nah im not buying that for a second mate.
so on the flip side of all the New stuff from the prodigy...we get BGAT, Ill say no more about that
A new book, which is fairly good....until the last chapter when the brown nosing really kicks in.
hmm a new prodigy website.....lets hope its more of a success than the last website

Posted by ..steady..
- July 16, 2002, 07:16:50 PMA simple question for you dessie...............
If "A" crowd is not up for a Prodigy gig , then does that mean
they were shite ?
I just don`t get were your coming from mate at all !
If The Prodigy are around in 10 years time they would probley be playing the same stuff , just like any other band .
And that is in no way a bad thing.
But look were we are now , we are on the verge of a NEW prodigy album
,we have just had the release of a New prodigy single. 
we have had a NEW prodigy book
We are getting a NEW prodigy web site
The Prodigy are back on the road , back at the festivals jaming out NEW stuff to the fans !!
Now i want to make this VERY VERY CLEAR evey 1 is entitled to their own opinon thats why we have these cool message boards .
But for fuck sake theirs consturctive critisim and then theirs just dam right piss takeing
Why moan about EVERY step the prodigy are takeing to make this new album work.
And as for the review @ witness i personaly would have takeing the best out of what i saw......new fill , new version of a track whatever ,and if people was shouting your shite at them then i wouldn`t promote it .
Because from the prodigy`s point of view they are trying some new stuff out and want to see the crowds reaction .
If you were liam and you had that kind of reaction how would you feel .(after all its coming from the so called fans and not sources like NME)
I just think it is far to early to start riping them apart for fuck`s sake ,yeh a little moan here and there is what you more then entitled to.
But i think you have started something to soon
ROLL ON THE NEXT ALBUM BEFORE WE CAN REALLY JUGE !!!!!!!
..........steady...........
If "A" crowd is not up for a Prodigy gig , then does that mean
they were shite ?
I just don`t get were your coming from mate at all !
If The Prodigy are around in 10 years time they would probley be playing the same stuff , just like any other band .
And that is in no way a bad thing.
But look were we are now , we are on the verge of a NEW prodigy album
,we have just had the release of a New prodigy single. 
we have had a NEW prodigy book

We are getting a NEW prodigy web site

The Prodigy are back on the road , back at the festivals jaming out NEW stuff to the fans !!
Now i want to make this VERY VERY CLEAR evey 1 is entitled to their own opinon thats why we have these cool message boards .
But for fuck sake theirs consturctive critisim and then theirs just dam right piss takeing

Why moan about EVERY step the prodigy are takeing to make this new album work.
And as for the review @ witness i personaly would have takeing the best out of what i saw......new fill , new version of a track whatever ,and if people was shouting your shite at them then i wouldn`t promote it .
Because from the prodigy`s point of view they are trying some new stuff out and want to see the crowds reaction .
If you were liam and you had that kind of reaction how would you feel .(after all its coming from the so called fans and not sources like NME)
I just think it is far to early to start riping them apart for fuck`s sake ,yeh a little moan here and there is what you more then entitled to.
But i think you have started something to soon

ROLL ON THE NEXT ALBUM BEFORE WE CAN REALLY JUGE !!!!!!!
..........steady...........
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 06:28:37 PMthing is does it not make you wonder, when you see so many people saying the shows where shite but yet their great by your view 
remember this isnt about you neko, its about the fans, you writing for the fans...dont be giving them false hope.

remember this isnt about you neko, its about the fans, you writing for the fans...dont be giving them false hope.
Posted by Arie
- July 16, 2002, 06:27:01 PMOpinions are always personal. I've said thus far and I'm still saying that I liked Seat Beach Rock. There are people who don't agree with me, but this is simply my opinion. You can't argue about opinions, you can only state why you like something or why you don't like something. You can give good arguements to support your opinion, but in the end, opinions will still be personal. To everyone, not just Des, don't attack people because they have a different opinion than you. Respect is what it's all about.
Posted by neko
- July 16, 2002, 05:48:39 PMQuote
THIS IS NOT BITCHING
all I want to see is some honesty in peoples reviews...Neko represents a window to the prodigy live shows for people who cant make it to the gigs or just cant afford to go
Now how would you feel after reading all about this great live show then when they play in your hometown...they sink faster than the titanic?
i write a report about the show expressing what i personally thought about the gig. Everyone else who has a different opinion is very welcome to send me their review or their point of view and I'll post it online.
I am generally having a good time when I see The Prodigy, otherwise why would I have taken 4 weeks off and travelled to Australia to see them? Of course some shows are better than others, but thats normal. there is other people who liked the shows as well, you know.
If YOU don't like it, fine. But that is no reason for you to have a go at me EVERYWHERE. Express your opinion as much as you want, but going around and dissing people for having a different opinion is pretty shite.
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 05:46:26 PMQuote
Did you saw the gigs?
Well as you know I was at witnness, but my mate flew over for the beachrock festival...he was dissopointed to say the least and he wasnt impressed with witnness either...
but theirs always the bright side at least liam didnt forget to play dust yoself, lol
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 05:32:31 PMcheers man...its seems like some people really dont like seeing or hearing whats staring them in the face...
but pukkelpop wasnt too bad to be honest, I watched them at lowland which was a disaster...but hearing charly at pukkelpop sort of made up for things
Still a part of my love affair with the prodigy was killed last summer when I heard the new stuff.
but pukkelpop wasnt too bad to be honest, I watched them at lowland which was a disaster...but hearing charly at pukkelpop sort of made up for things
Still a part of my love affair with the prodigy was killed last summer when I heard the new stuff.
Quote
sorry guys...
i
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 05:28:31 PMTHIS IS NOT BITCHING
all I want to see is some honesty in peoples reviews...Neko represents a window to the prodigy live shows for people who cant make it to the gigs or just cant afford to go
Now how would you feel after reading all about this great live show then when they play in your hometown...they sink faster than the titanic?
Youd be gutted obviously...honesty is the way to go...not biosty....Id dont like trigger! but I was honest enough to say it worked on saturday.....
all I want to see is some honesty in peoples reviews...Neko represents a window to the prodigy live shows for people who cant make it to the gigs or just cant afford to go
Now how would you feel after reading all about this great live show then when they play in your hometown...they sink faster than the titanic?
Youd be gutted obviously...honesty is the way to go...not biosty....Id dont like trigger! but I was honest enough to say it worked on saturday.....
Quote
It's not that.... its more the fact that his bitching everywhere i go on this forum right now lol!
I can understand, the set is pretty stale right now.
I can also understand you not likeing the direction they appear to be going, but say nothing until you hear the album/single(s)
How many times have live fills/tracks changed and turned into fantastic tracks?
-nt-
p.s. if Liam appears to be contradicting himself, dont blame him, blame the drugs that cause him to forget what he has said
-acid
Posted by dessie
- July 16, 2002, 05:21:53 PMQuote
Btw did anyone record the Witnness show (Dust Yoself)?
hey man I was recording it...but my bats rans out in the mini disc...but I was on such a downer half way through the set I didnt bother to power up again...I even stopped taking photos.
Posted by Acid_Twin
- July 16, 2002, 05:17:22 PMIt's not that.... its more the fact that his bitching everywhere i go on this forum right now lol!
I can understand, the set is pretty stale right now.
I can also understand you not likeing the direction they appear to be going, but say nothing until you hear the album/single(s)
How many times have live fills/tracks changed and turned into fantastic tracks?
-nt-

p.s. if Liam appears to be contradicting himself, dont blame him, blame the drugs that cause him to forget what he has said
-acid
I can understand, the set is pretty stale right now.
I can also understand you not likeing the direction they appear to be going, but say nothing until you hear the album/single(s)
How many times have live fills/tracks changed and turned into fantastic tracks?
-nt-

p.s. if Liam appears to be contradicting himself, dont blame him, blame the drugs that cause him to forget what he has said

-acid
Posted by mouzzer (logged out)
- July 16, 2002, 05:13:43 PMTheir are also positive reviews about the prodigy on the witnness forum.
Same with Beach Rock, I liked it and all my friends liked it. Some people thought it was shit. I had a great time during the gig at Beach Rock (like des also said, felt like a kid again during a few tracks
But I agree that they need to change the live show, other tracks, more dance tracks etc. More Jams and more spontanious things on stage.
They are building up for reading/ leeds but they should have done that in smaller clubs. I wonder what they are building up to with the same setlist over and over again.
Btw did anyone record the Witnness show (Dust Yoself)?
Same with Beach Rock, I liked it and all my friends liked it. Some people thought it was shit. I had a great time during the gig at Beach Rock (like des also said, felt like a kid again during a few tracks
But I agree that they need to change the live show, other tracks, more dance tracks etc. More Jams and more spontanious things on stage. They are building up for reading/ leeds but they should have done that in smaller clubs. I wonder what they are building up to with the same setlist over and over again.
Btw did anyone record the Witnness show (Dust Yoself)?
Posted by Fakiri
- July 16, 2002, 05:11:49 PMsorry guys...
i
i
