BGAT samples..

Started by juGe, May 12, 2002, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juGe

As you all have now been able to listen the track you can also spot loads of different samples like that firestarter riff. But have you noticed the same sample/effect that has been used in Mindfields..it's not that easy spot from mp3, but when I heard that song from radio I clearly spotted it.
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

You mean this mindfields-like synth-sound fading in the background from the left to the right?
The drumroll from Breathe was used here as well.
Then there's this typical sixteenth parts synth (pretty much like that in Firestarter), his Sp1200 Drummachine spitting out the bassdrum again, then portions of the army march-intro from the live-show that someone already mentioned in the BGAT-threads.
The Boss SE70 does some distortion again and it really might be Keith plaing the guitar, because it's a) a very easy guitar-line and b) not comparable with any other style of any dude having played on previous albums. Just a presumption though.
More echo and reverberation fx than in most Prodge-records.
The bass does that (not so cool) chemical brothers-like sixteenth part 'on the measure'-repeating (Compare music:response) and my favourite part still kicks off at 2:56, where the "rohypnol" cut's it's way through and turns itself into the right direction.
At 3:49 those very nice squeeky distorted vox are brilliant again and we get proper chord changes! At least! it seems I'm really going to like the instrumental a LOT more than the original (which I liked very much already).
Tradition IS a tradition

LiamB

Yeah, very interesting is part at 2:21 besides this march intro snears there's 'sirens' from the end of 'Funky Shit'. Ekko, U mentioned 'nice squeeky distorted vox' - I think these are the samples from 'Firestarter' - whole sample is used at 0:15 (listen carefully) - very wicked sound anyway! My favorite part is when this kool firestarter riff comes in - gated mode efect? (I think thats the right word - I'm not a DJ:P). The song is wicked, but - yeah, the drumm loop - I'm little disappointed... Keith vocal? - just listen BGAT @ 2:00 - madness!

Ekko

Wow, you are a close listener!
It really seems like that Firestarter-sample where Liam used this tape-overscrewing effect which gives this blblblblbl-like sound. This man is on a recycling trip, ha?
The other one seems to be fitting too.

My favorite part is when this kool firestarter riff comes in - gated mode efect?
Nope. Chopper. ;-)
Tradition IS a tradition

fj

Anyone else notice a sample from funkyshit?

evans

It also contains the laugh off www.theprodigy.com
its just a little distorted
                              ???
this babys got a temper
you'll never tame her
sell me your soul and i'll give you power
sell me your soul and darkness will rule

deedevil

???

does it also have a sample of Chemical Brothers track "music response" on the last 30 seconds of the songs?

(i think Liam used to play this song on his djs sets or was it another track from Chemical Brothers album "surreder"?)

cya
deedevil

mindblow_

Liam used to play 'Music: Response' in DJ sets but I haven't spotted any samples used in BGAT.

has anyone noticed that the vocals in 'Nuclear' "for every action there's a reaction. every action..." could be taken from the flim 'The Snatch'. I don't mean that they are directly sampled from there but there's a similar line in the movie (spoken by Brad Pitt).
The Mindblowing Prodigy Network
http://www.geocities.com/mindblow_/

deedevil

???

does it also have a sample of Chemical Brothers track "music response" on the last 30 seconds of the songs?

(i think Liam used to play this song on his djs sets or was it another track from Chemical Brothers album "surreder"?)

cya

in the dux mix listen from 1.45 to 2.00 the background sound(if we can call it that away)
really reminds me of chemical!

cya
deedevil

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.