The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Anyone got a W-30?

Started by techno4yourhead, January 28, 2002, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techno4yourhead

techno4yourhead

That wisnae meant tae be a greetin face by the way, it just came up that way when a pit 3 ?'s next to each other.

??? like that

Ekko

Well... HAVE YA

You want one?

That wisnae meant tae be a greetin face by the way, it just came up that way when a pit 3 ?'s next to each other.

??? like that

Well, that's what the "Disable Smilies" - check is for...
Tradition IS a tradition

techno4yourhead

How you gonnae give me one?

Ekko

How you gonnae give me one?

Harr harr, THIS is not your problem dude, just make sure the money's in time...

Watched too much Bullit, I guess
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

Heh, maybe I should say I have one actually :) anyone wanna sell some efects to me? :)
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

Really? Do you use it? Do you like it? What effects are you looking for? Ah, bollocks, you don't more than a couple of
SE-70's !
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

To be honest I bought it recently and I haven't had really time to get into it.. but yeah.. I'm planning to maybe buy some effects or some other stuff too.. only problem is that I just don't have too much time atm. I'm newbie in this stuff, but I hope I have some time to learn things and have fun :)

but if peeps have some nice sample disks or song disk they can freely contact me :)

Ekko

Mh, what I'm really interested in, is, if the W's totally functional.
Have you checked it through yet?
The most common thing breaking down on it is the LCD-screen and the keys of course.
Have you played all keys yet?
Sometimes the W starts to make some scratchy noises when you give out too much signals. Are all outputs ok?
And I heard that the midi-ports are very susceptible to damage.

Maybe you can find some old disks, they're compatible to an old Roland disk-standart from that time, so they shouldn't be rare.

Have fun!
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

Mh, what I'm really interested in, is, if the W's totally functional.
Have you checked it through yet?
The most common thing breaking down on it is the LCD-screen and the keys of course.
Have you played all keys yet?
Sometimes the W starts to make some scratchy noises when you give out too much signals. Are all outputs ok?
And I heard that the midi-ports are very susceptible to damage.

Maybe you can find some old disks, they're compatible to an old Roland disk-standart from that time, so they shouldn't be rare.

Have fun!

Yeah.. it's actually in very good condition.. I have tried to check it out.. and it works fine.. all keys are ok and so is the LCD-screen.. and there is no problem if something happens cause I know some peeps from Roland scandinavia and I think they can repair it easily ;) Actually Roland scandinavia's office is in the very same building where I'm working :) I have been there several times checking their stuff.. nice shit :)

I have actually already find some s-50 disks and they work fine.. and then I have even manage  to transfer some own stuff from pc to w-30... aww ;)

Ekko

When I have the next opportunity to get one, I think I'll get one.

We could exchange sounds then

Cheers

P.s.: How does it look at Roland's there...?
Tradition IS a tradition

Jeerapaet

Hi. I just got a W-30 and I'm pretty much new to MIDI (I've been recording regular old audio by using my drum machine (dr-202)to make sure I keep time while I play synth parts by hand and with arppegiator). So, anyway, with the W-30 sequencer:

1)would it be best to sync my drum machine (which you can program entire 'songs' into by linking patterns together) to the W-30 or to program the beats in the W-30 sequencer itself, just using the drum sounds from the dr-202, and then copy like an 8 measure section of that beat to use throughout song.
2)for those of you who are good at sequencing with the W-30, how long does it usually take you to just enter the steps of the sequence (whole song) excluding the time you spend on the creative process of songwriting? I mean, it took me like 10min to just enter a simple 8 measure beat.

thanks a lot. I'm sure i'll have more questions later as i explore the W-30 more.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.