The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

I've noticed new samples and some questions

Started by LiamB, January 17, 2002, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamB

Music Reach and Fire (burning and edit versions)
Sample: cuted bell sound
Source: intro (bell sound of cash-desk) from Pink Floyd's "Money"... why?
First of all - if You want to check this just trim opening cash-desk sound (the 2nd one - from the loop) to hear only this high bell tone. Then play 'music reach' and hit this tone couple times.  
2nd of all - I know that bell sound is very common (every keyboard has some similars sounds) but.. Liam is big fan of Pink Floyd (besides they rules!)

No Man Army/One Man Army
Sample: guitar riff
Source: Rage Against The Machine "Buls on Parade" (yeah, Tom's guitar)

Masterplan/Jam Track
Sample: guitar riff
Source: also in Beastie Boys' song "Pass The Mic"

Trigger
one of my frieds (K

Ekko

Hi Liam, I know I know, I owe you a big reply...
I just don't get to it!
But I'm searching and packing stuff for you, so don't worry.

But for now, I'll reply to this mail.

About Climbatize:
The Jedi Knights-loop comes from their track "Air drums from outer Bongolia". The conga-loop originally comes from the track Bongolia from Michael Viners INcredible Bongo Band.

What sample in Climbatize comes from The Who? Oh, The Who are an old band from the late 60's (I guess, dunno exactly).

Led Zeppelin made three versions of Whole Lotta Love (two got published, the third one is a 'present to the fans' very rare. White Label or something.

You don't know Crispian Mills???
The singer of the greatest fake-indian band (have we that much?) Kula Shaker.
It seems that he also wrote the lyrics to Narayan, since it is exactly his area of interest / believe.
I like the vocals so much on the track. My favourite tune on the album.
Tradition IS a tradition

juGe

It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

LiamB

juGe thanx 4 da' info!
Ekko thanx! yeah I'll wait for mail from U

LiamB

continued the topic...
I forgot to ask about:

Rip Up The Sound System
I just wonder what is the primal source of this very common oldskool sample - short, high scream, somethin' like 'aaauuuhhh!!!' (after 'Hold on!') - Is it J.Brown's?

Wind It Up
What is the source of the words: "Equal rights and justice in this time"?

Your Love (Remix)
What is the source of: "Give me a number one, give me a number two, wooaah!" (I saw somethin' like 'Hardcore 1992' but what is this?)

and Charly, yeah... I really like the way Liam changed bass line from Meat Beat Manifesto's track "Radio Babylon"... it is total difrent than in original, I mean it's completely new tune - it's so fresh! This is one of my favorite 'tricks' he's done.
And very interesting is what Liam did on DCSV1. Original, in Time To Get Ill first braek after 1st stanza is taken from main riff of Barrie White's "I'm gonna..." + scratchs... Liam knew abot it very well and on DC he changed this break from 'time to get ill' (white's  tune is there slower) to the real source - fragment of 'I'm gonna...'. It gives kool efect especialy when you had heard BBoys' song before DC.

Ekko

Rip Up The Sound System
I just wonder what is the primal source of this very common oldskool sample - short, high scream, somethin' like 'aaauuuhhh!!!' (after 'Hold on!') - Is it J.Brown's?

Yes, that's James

And very interesting is what Liam did on DCSV1. Original, in Time To Get Ill first braek after 1st stanza is taken from main riff of Barrie White's "I'm gonna..." + scratchs... Liam knew abot it very well and on DC he changed this break from 'time to get ill' (white's
Tradition IS a tradition

LiamB

Pandemonium
Beats are taken from Altern8's song coled "Frequency".

I saw somethin' like "Flash Gordon Sound Track". Is it possible to hear there the piano line from "The Trick" (what is the titel of sample source song?)

Right about now, everybody in the place! It'll be very nice to see some answers to my questions or even more questions... (Ekko and juGe - thanx!) I think it's very interesting to simply know 'the roots' of Prod's music. I treat this like some kind of 'music riddle'. And when ur searches ends it takes so much pleasure to finaly hear the source of some kool samples!

LiamB

I don't think that lulu's 'shout' is source of sample 'make me wonna shout (shit:))' Slow down a bit this vocal and then U notice that this are 2 total difrent vocals... maybe it cames from some cover?

Ekko

I don't think that lulu's 'shout' is source of sample 'make me wonna shout (shit:))' Slow down a bit this vocal and then U notice that this are 2 total difrent vocals... maybe it cames from some cover?

Dunno, here at Juges Sample-source-site you can read that it's Lulu's shout. It doesn't sound so, right. BUt maybe Liam edited it a little.
Tradition IS a tradition

fj

sry to bring this up again but....

I slowed down hyperspeed and indeed it says hitler! Think im wrong? go check

techno4yourhead

It could be - Keep Up Kee kee keep Up Keep Up.

fj

Ekko

Tradition IS a tradition

LiamB

Diesel Power (dirtchamber mix)
in the noises @ the end u can hear voice of monks (slow down) from track 'shanbala' by beastie boys

also on the early live shows (1992) you can hear 'run like a hell' (speed up) by pink floyd

deedevil

LiamB: do you know from where is the sample from scienide,its a girl saying "do it"
cya

deedevil
deedevil

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.