The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES ON JILTED

Started by TheSmokingFish, March 28, 2005, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSmokingFish

HEY ALL!

Im in the middle of writing a seminar paper on the production techniques/equipment etc. on "Jilted Generation"

Trouble is i cant seem to find any notes which are specific to that album. The equipment list on this site is excellent as is the list of samples.

I would be very gratefull if anyone could give me some more info, or point me in the right direction to find some!

You can get me on this forum or mail me at thesmokingfish@hotmail.com

Thanks a million! ;D

Stuff

Interesting subject!

When Liam wrote 'Jilted' he had sold some of the equipment he used on 'Experience'. In example the Roland JD-800, and the 32 channel Tascam desk.
In one interview I've read from 1994, Liam list this: (so i guess it's mainly what he used on the album)

Synths/Samplers:
Akai S1100
Akai CD3000
Roland W-30 (sequencing + alterlooped samples throughout the album)
Roland JD-990 (Intro, No Good, riffs in Poison, Voodoo People etc..)
ROland U-220 (mainly strings and pianos)
Roland SH-101 (like the blipps in B&E ..i think)
Roland Jupiter 6 (big fluffy analogue leads ; )
Roland Juno 106
Emu Vintage Keys
Emu Proteus World
Sequential Circuits Pro One
MWI Moog
Novation Bass Station
Quasimidi Quasar
Roland Tb-303

Drummachines:
Roland Tr-808
Roland Tr-909

FX:
Boss SE 70 Effects Unit X 2
Yamaha SPX 1000
Alesis Quadraverb
Drawner Compressor
Drawner Gate

Other:
Mackie 32-channel desk
Toa Studio Monitors
Technics SL 1200 Turntable
Sony DTC 1000 DAT
Peavey, bass guitar

...and probably some more stuff he was too lazy to mention, but this was probably the most important parts.

I know he was sequencing on two W-30's, loads of sampled breakbeats as usual on the Akai's and the W30s. And also big ass breaks from the 909 as you clearly can hear on "Their Law", and i think the 909 is used on about every track with various ingredients. This is the knowledge i can provide at the moment.  ;)

TheSmokingFish

Thanks for the info, it'll come in very usefull!

I was contemplating finding out where he lives and paying a visit to ask him myself but i beleive he punches people who turn up at his house! (Good Man!)

Anyone with any more info hit me back

Once again thanks!

TheSmokingFish  ;D

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.