The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

prodigy inspired Musicians

Started by flightcrank, March 03, 2003, 05:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuff

Can you believe it?! i haven't recieved it yet! I talked to the guy yesterday and he told me that he will check with the USPS office to track the package..
Man, it took 6 days for me to recieve a mixer from the US (to Sweden)! ok the shipping cost was about $200 (FedEX) but it was worth it. Can you believe how much fun i've had with it.  ;)

The guy i bought the JD from sent it via "USPS Parcel Post" (non-air) and told me "it may take a while"... yeah i've noticed that.
The shipping cost was $60 dollars which is really cheap from the states, but i'd rather get my stuff quickly for some more quids - which i perfectly stated. Well, some eBay sellers lives in a nutshell. (and it has been impossible to get over a second hand JD-990 in my country)

In all the excitement of "being a owner to a JD-990" (back in april or something), I almost bought a "Vintage card" for about $100! But i didn't because i want to check the Orchestral Card first. And you don't have any expansions at all, so i don't think i will buy any expansion stuff - if the unit is that good when it's "empty"!

I'm waiting, i'm waiting, i'm still waiting.. for my JD-990.  :'(

Ekko

Stuff you definitely have the right nickname!

I always thought I had quite a nice equipment list by now, but lately all you guys out there seem to overdue me.
Gotta do some serious shopping again, I guess...
[And some seious working beforehand]

What mixer did you get yourself that had to be shipped from the states?

Say Behringer and I'll never talk to you again.
(Just joking, honestly I would just never set a foot up here again, hihi)

Weeow, 2,5 Month makes it an unstable buy, as it looks.
Can the guy be trusted?
Did you send him the money yet??

I can't believe it's that hard to get a second hand-piece of gear like the JD in Sweden!
Mhm.
I get gear easily here, if you want (and trust me ;-) ) I could
look out for your future buyings (or a JD, if you have the possibilty to take your money back) and send'em to you sooner and cheaper.

Maybe I shouldn't write this so openly, I'm not interested in opening a sechand shipping shop for the broad mass... :-P

About the boards:
Well, I'd love to get hold on the Vintage one, but I have to set priorities now (which means getting a good dsp-powered native recording system together which means it will suck out the last drip of money which means I have to sell my body again, whcih means I'll be too exhausted to write music which means something else again).

But sooner or later...
If you think about getting one of them, I'd really recommend the Vintage board, since it's the best buy value-wise.
It's got the doubled amount of wavetable-forms than all the other boards.
It's like getting 2
Tradition IS a tradition

Stuff

Lately my equipment list has growed because i have a little bit more money nowadays (not a student anymore) though i've always problems paying the rent ;-) And i haven't shopped as many 12inch records as used to do before. But i don't think i got more gear than anyone else in here.

No Behringer stuff from eBay, i promise =). But you're from Germany, aren't you? I thought you loved their stuff ;-).

I only bought a 16-channel mixer from the states (for half of the price!! as in sweden - and i don't know if i want to pay the shipping cost for a 24 or 32-channel mixer from USA :-p ).
The one i bought is a Mackie 1642-VLZ Pro which provides 8 mono and 4 stereo-channels (the biggest difference from the 1604). Some things that are good with the 1642 is that all input connectors etc are placed at the top of the mixer. It also has two headphone sockets, good if you have a partner like i have sometimes (the 1604 has one headphone i think). The only downfall is that only the mono-channels have sweepable midrange EQ (fucking nice 15dB filters to play with). The stereo-channels has ordinary HI Mid and Low Mid Eq. But it's nice to have some stereo-channels.

Indeed, 2,5 months is too much! At least the guy is answering all of my mails and seems helpful. Maybe he's just slow, choosed the wrong shipping method and all that. I'm still very hopeful to receive the JD-990 any day. Or maybe this guy is just playing with me, having a good laugh at the dumb european ebay buyer ;-).

Yes.. i payed him (sometimes i just can't control myself ;).
I've searched for a second-hand JD-990 everywhere in Sweden but no one wants to sell it. And if they do, they want about 800-900 dollars for it!! (but you'll get one of these JV-1080's for half the JD price). Anyway i payed the guy in the states $400 including shipping and insurance.
But as you mentioned, the smartest way must be to deal inside the European Union. Low shipping cost - and no Voltage Transformers needed.
If i won't receive the JD.. i'll contact you. Btw, i may need an Access Virus in the future ;-) (i must admit that Germany beated the Swedes in the.. eh 'VA-synth league', Virus is phatter than the Nord Lead).

I see your point about the Asian card, it could be very useful. And there's not so much synths out there packed with these Asian sounds..(

Ekko

QuoteLately my equipment list has growed because i have a little bit more money nowadays (not a student anymore) though i've always problems paying the rent ;-) And i haven't shopped as many 12inch records as used to do before. But i don't think i got more gear than anyone else in here.

No Behringer stuff from eBay, i promise =). But you're from Germany, aren't you? I thought you loved their stuff ;-).

I look forward to getting a job soon, then I'll be back in the game.

Noooo! We hate Behringer for being from Germany...
Really a black sheep in our flawless productline ;-)
No, honestly, Behringer is on a new way, as it seems.
They seem to put more effort in their stuff now, and they also got a good position with their Feedback Destroyer Pro, which of course isn't as good as the Sabine-gear, but for THAT price really rocks the ass out of the pants.
PLus, the mixing desks get better with the time and one thing that is really good and would be more acclaimed if 'Behringer' wasn't written on it is the Ultrafex-series alongside the late Virtualizers.
But never buy anything with tube-bulbs or any Dynamic-processors from Behringer, they are quite low end and mostly react very slow. They even build microphones, they must be awful...

I only bought a 16-channel mixer from the states (for half of the price!! as in sweden - and i don't know if i want to pay the shipping cost for a 24 or 32-channel mixer from USA :-p ).
The one i bought is a Mackie 1642-VLZ Pro which provides 8 mono and 4 stereo-channels (the biggest difference from the 1604). Some things that are good with the 1642 is that all input connectors etc are placed at the top of the mixer. It also has two headphone sockets, good if you have a partner like i have sometimes (the 1604 has one headphone i think). The only downfall is that only the mono-channels have sweepable midrange EQ (fucking nice 15dB filters to play with). The stereo-channels has ordinary HI Mid and Low Mid Eq. But it's nice to have some stereo-channels.

Yeah, Mackie's always a good choice.
It was just yesterday, that I put my old 1604 on sale...
With a broken heart.
All this VLZ-gear is very good, they got the greatest Mic-Preamps in that price-range. Which is what I'll really miss, I guess.
Nonetheless, I'm going digital now (Yeah, I was so against that, I know, but in the end, you can't resist... It's just more compfortable and cheaper).

Indeed, 2,5 months is too much! At least the guy is answering all of my mails and seems helpful. Maybe he's just slow, choosed the wrong shipping method and all that. I'm still very hopeful to receive the JD-990 any day. Or maybe this guy is just playing with me, having a good laugh at the dumb european ebay buyer ;-).

Yes.. i payed him (sometimes i just can't control myself ;).
I've searched for a second-hand JD-990 everywhere in Sweden but no one wants to sell it. And if they do, they want about 800-900 dollars for it!! (but you'll get one of these JV-1080's for half the JD price). Anyway i payed the guy in the states $400 including shipping and insurance.
But as you mentioned, the smartest way must be to deal inside the European Union. Low shipping cost - and no Voltage Transformers needed.
If i won't receive the JD.. i'll contact you. Btw, i may need an Access Virus in the future ;-) (i must admit that Germany beated the Swedes in the.. eh 'VA-synth league', Virus is phatter than the Nord Lead).

Alright.
Mhm, I'm not sure about the beating thing, as far as I see that evolution departs quite a lot with the last versions of 'our' VA's. The Virus C is a total monster, for sure, although I hate the red didplay on it, but the Nord 3 must be cool as well (haven't checked it yet), and the Modular is great stuff anyway. I think the actual natural progression is good for both manufacturers.
But one thing is clear: The advertising for the Nord is WAYYY better than that for the Virus (you saw the ad? That cute blonde swedish babe lying in bed with the Nord Lead II KB?).

I see your point about the Asian card, it could be very useful. And there's not so much synths out there packed with these Asian sounds..(
Tradition IS a tradition

Stuff

Noooo! We hate Behringer for being from Germany...
Really a black sheep in our flawless productline ;-)
No, honestly, Behringer is on a new way, as it seems.
They seem to put more effort in their stuff now, and they also got a good position with their Feedback Destroyer Pro, which of course isn't as good as the Sabine-gear, but for THAT price really rocks the ass out of the pants.
PLus, the mixing desks get better with the time and one thing that is really good and would be more acclaimed if 'Behringer' wasn't written on it is the Ultrafex-series alongside the late Virtualizers.
But never buy anything with tube-bulbs or any Dynamic-processors from Behringer, they are quite low end and mostly react very slow. They even build microphones, they must be awful...

(i just have to try the quote-thing)

I've heard that Behringer's new mixers is a huge improvement from the earlier generations (well they have to improve to survive).
Since i don't got ANY mastering tools at all, i've considered purchasing some of their tube-stuff (cheap and looks cool) but now you've warned me. : - )

So you're going digital.. you betrayer! ;)

But one thing is clear: The advertising for the Nord is WAYYY better than that for the Virus (you saw the ad? That cute blonde swedish babe lying in bed with the Nord Lead II KB?).

Dammit! haven't seen the Nord Lead advertising with the chick, seems like i've missed something good. We usually don't find pictures like that in the music mags. : - )
I think one of the best things with Virus is the built in fx (and the Nord lead only has 4 parts).
Clavia's "Nord Modular" seems good. Have you tried Access "Indigo"? Any reason for buying this thing instead of a KB/KC?

Right, there's a card with Didgeridoosounds on it as well.
Dunno the name, tough.
How do you make this upside-downed questionmark?
I always use that in sms, but I can't- ?}][{

Stuff

have finally received the JD,
and it's a very good piece of unit! I really like it's user interface and all the 'analogish parameters', can't believe the machine is ten years old (both cosmetically and structurally).
Though i don't like that A and B Banks are ROM, because i would like to overwrite these common factory presets (with some own killer patches ;). But i've got the M-256E Memory Card so i have some more space to save on, except from the internal RAM bank.
I also got the Orchestral Expansion Board and a f*cking Orchestral FX PCM-waveform card with it... So i can tell you i'm tired of orchestral sounds by now :). I need to investigate some other waveforms in my 'Super JD Synthesizer Module'.
'Vintage Synth'-card next, maybe

Cheers

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.