Chemical Brothers - Come With Us

Started by ChemicaL, February 01, 2002, 07:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChemicaL

I was at the record shop this morning and saw two versions of the box (one is plastic and the other one is like made of carton).

I bought the one with the carton cause whenever I buy a plastic box I always smash it.

So...erm, dont know if anyone is interested in this... this is like my little review of the CD. Your opinions are, of course, always welcome and that is the point of this thread, anyway.

01. Come With Us - nice intro, you can clearly see their Trade Mark in this one and that is something I can't say about...07/10

02. It Began In Afrika - this is a huge hit in my country (Croatia). I'm not surprised cause most of the youth here would dance to anything that has bass in a track. Anyway, this is, IMHO, the worst track they have ever done.

Very minimal and so not them. Altough I really like the cuting end of the track that leads into... 02/10

03. Galaxy Bounce - kinda remind's me of the "DYOH" era. 08/10

04. Star Guitar - a little boring, like the vocals though. Very simillar to the sirens.... 05/10

05. Hoops - very nice. Chill With Us. 08/10

06. My Elastic Eye - also very good. New sound. Nice perfect beats and mixed with this 18-th century sound. A surprise to say the least. 08/10

07. The State We're In - well, we all know the state they're in. This track goes by the classic formula that appears on all of their albums and suprisingly enough, the formula still works. 06/10

08. Denmark - This track is kinda cool. But only kind of. There is nothing new in this track that I havent heard before. It's just empty. It doesnt have any energy. It's funny, really. Very amusing. 05/10

09. Pioneer Skies - Tweakers Delight to say the least. This is what they want to sound like. This is their essence but there's only one problem: they had the inspiration but not enough time to develop it. 07/10

10. The Test - Ah, excellent. Really good. Setting Sun without the distortion. Very bluesy, country, mixed with trip's, chicks, and wild hips  :o  

My favourite on the album. Note: this is the first time I preffer the last track on the album more than the others. 09/10

This album is a journey and I truly believe they always wanted to come to this level and it looks like they finally made their dreams come true.

IMHO. this is not their best album. DYOH & EPD are the deep ones while Surrender IMHO still remains their worst album.

NOTE: This is only my standpoint on the album. Dont start dissing me cause you think that this track rulez, this doesnt..etc.  ;)

-=www.dirtchamber.org=-

warrior

Poisoner

Well, heres my thougts:

01. Come With Us - Great start for the album, liked it a lot since I first heard this. 9/10

02. It Began In Afrika - Experimental stuff, not my favourite.
6/10

03. Galaxy Bounce - Catchiest track on the album, nice beat!8/10

04. Star Guitar - I like the guitar, but gets boring. 7/10

05. Hoops - Great beat and the guitar riff is amazing! 8/10

06. My Elastic Eye - Best track on the album IMO. 9+/10

07. The State We're In - Too slow for me! 5/10

08. Denmark - Nice but something is missing... 7,5/10

09. Pioneer Skies - 4/10

10. The Test - 5/10

Album 7/10, not their best work but still satisfying...

what_evil_lurks

I have not bought it yet but I must state that the 2 singles are bollocks >:(
this is very disappointing as I have all their previous singles and albums... exit planet dust ,dig your own hole lp's and the loops of fury ep are their highlights but they have lost the thread now..

fucking commercial hippy house music, that's what they are nowadays.

sorry and one thing: what the fuck does "lol" and himo mean??
 ;D
see ya

juGe

sorry and one thing: what the fuck does "lol" and himo mean??

lol = laughing out loud  ;D
imho = in my humble opinion  8)

;D
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.