Illegal Subject

Started by ChemicaL_OnE, January 14, 2002, 04:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChemicaL_OnE

I have noticed on this board that many of you preffer buying software instead DL-ing it from the net and crack them which is much easier and cheaper. The same goes for the DL-ings songs... etc.

Why is that?

I mean, why are you on the side of the capitalist society? Don't you agree that those products would be much cheeper If our government isnt led by a bunch of greedy monsters and not only the government but the whole society also (especially the corporations). Isnt 17-20 $ too much for a CD? Isnt 200$ to much for a program that edits pictures (and not so well if I may add)?

I mean, look @ the greedy bastards from Sony. The only thing they havent made yet is a fucking car. I mean, where does it end? Whats next? And still they are not satisified and are working on a CD that you couldnt ripp. I mean, look @ Napster. That was a fucking revolution that can't be stopped.
They can shut it down but they cant shut the whole Internet down. There will always be alternative sources of products one way or the other and nobody can stop that so why dont you take advantage of that?

Personally, I use Morpheus for the stuff that is rare and hard to find and you cant buy it unless you go to another state and get it there. IE. I downloaded the whole Underworld - Everything, Everything and found it so amazing that the next day I went to buy the CD. You see what I'm getting at?

And for what the software is concerned... I cant go out every day and spit 300$ for a new program that really interest's me so I download it from the net, get a crack and I feel great. In those ways you sound very "parental" too me and I get the feeling like you think that everything is affordable and the world is one big fucking flower which blossoms all the time. I dont know, I live in Croatia where things are certainly not cheap and I cant get you guys for not approving my way of obtaining products.

And please do not compare this to real life and stealing from real stores... mkay?  :)

Zed

dunno, man.... i live in russia... i've never bought anything here... here is no money for that :P

all soft that i'm using is downloaded and cracked. total value of all soft that i've ever downloaded is about $1 000 000 or something...

FACT: atm, i'm downloading Photoshop 6... just to check... i'm used to use Paint Shop Pro actually... also i've downloaded soft like Poser 4, 3d studio max R4 and many more big software...

so, man, i dunno what are you talking about  ;)
if i was in world war 2, they'd call me T-34!

Ekko

Why is that?

I mean, why are you on the side of the capitalist society? Don't you agree that those products would be much cheeper If our government isnt led by a bunch of greedy monsters and not only the government but the whole society also (especially the corporations). Isnt 17-20 $ too much for a CD? Isnt 200$ to much for a program that edits pictures (and not so well if I may add)?

It's not about being on the side of capitalism.
I respect and support small softwarehouses that (-for example-) make great plugins for an affordable price.
Making music is my biggest hobby and I'm absolutely willing to pay for the excellent stuff I get. Don't forget, those coders are just people like you and me who want to earn money for a living.
Take the company Waves for example. Those guys are located in Israel.
They don't have that much of a capitalistic society I would support by paying them for the work they do.
If too less people pay for software, you will loose the company, they will soon become bankrupt.
And then you'll never get a plugin of the typical Waves-qulality anymore.
And that's why I support every small artist this way.
I would hate it, if everybody would copy my music.
I mean, I have to pay the studio-rent, I have to pay the engineers and mixers. I have to give money to the record company. If I don't earn anything, but loose money, I can just fuck off the music and as well sell copied software on the flea market. That earns me more.

I mean, look @ the greedy bastards from Sony. The only thing they havent made yet is a fucking car. I mean, where does it end? Whats next? And still they are not satisified and are working on a CD that you couldnt ripp. I mean, look @ Napster. That was a fucking revolution that can't be stopped.
They can shut it down but they cant shut the whole Internet down. There will always be alternative sources of products one way or the other and nobody can stop that so why dont you take advantage of that?

Despite the fact that Sony sucks donkeyballs anyway,
they fell into minus for more than three years now.
Well, they don't manufacture electronic Instruments, just recording gear. Which, by the way, is of not too good quality.
Even if they invent the CD which can't be ripped, I'd have another idea how to copy it anyway. And also as simple as ripping.
I've gotta be honest, I d/l software as well. But only if the price is way overpriced, the company rich as hell or the software is just shitty and I wanna have it because of one small function which wouldn't vindicate the price in the end.

Look, I don't say stop the madness, stop d/ling software or mp3's. It's your choice. And I can absolutely second that
you rather d/l stuff instead of buying it. Software isn't that cheap in your country (My girlfriend is from Croatia, I once visited her family there), I saw prices and I saw purses.

QuotePersonally, I use Morpheus for the stuff that is rare and hard to find and you cant buy it unless you go to another state and get it there. IE. I downloaded the whole Underworld - Everything, Everything and found it so amazing that the next day I went to buy the CD. You see what I'm getting at?
[/qoute]

That's a good way, I do it the same way.
Since I mainly hear older music since a while, I don't
betray the artists (most are dead or retired), but sometimes
the record companies. Most old artists don't even get a  
bit of the tantiemes they usualla would deserve.
It's a pity. Poor old rock-musicians...
So If I d/led some tracks and did'nt like them, I might keep them on HD, but I did not betray them money-wise.

This is just for those who have two much money:
Stop buying clothes all the time, pay your bills...

Greetings,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

I have noticed on this board that many of you preffer buying software instead DL-ing it from the net and crack them which is much easier and cheaper. The same goes for the DL-ings songs... etc.

Why is that?
Software? Either the boss pays for it, I copy it from others, I download it from somewhere, et cetera. I never buy software. Why? Since it's too expensive and I can better spend my money in different ways (like buying Prodigy). If you run a company then you will have to buy it though, but I don't run my own company so how big is the chance that they will check up on me anyway? ;) I said something here once about illegal software and that was because it was posted to the wrong thread, that's all I ever wrote about it, so I wonder what makes you say that many people here prefer buying software themselves.

As for music, if everyone would only download music than CD's and such would get more and more expensive untill they would disappear - a collectors biggest fear ;) If you like an artist a lot, then buy their music. If you don't like all of their music, then download it. But what is more stupid to do then to ask people who are fans of a certain band where you could donwload that artists music? You can expect replies like 'try Google' since most people try to support their idol(s).

I hope my reply made sense. Saturday I had a severe hyperventilation attack, they had to come with an ambulance and now I'm on valium and such so I'm not that ehm... clear lets say ;)

Ekko

All well again, Arie?

I had that a couple of month ago as well, as I tried to break my personal diving-record (sooo silly).
I was diving up because I needed some air, but I so heavily gasped for the stuff, that I got into hyper(speed)ventilation.
It was awful, ambulance was coming and all the pretty girls where babbling about me.
Valium is great, don't you think so?
I'm on penicillin right now, I absolutely fancy the cool effect
of an added beer.
Mhm.
Just my two Cents.
(This phrase really gets more deep, since we have a new currency now)

But don't you think you should support your favorite software developer by buying their products? As long as they aren't too expensive?

Blessings,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

ChemicaL_OnE

Ekko, I agree but just as long they are not to expensive.

Arie, everything ok now?

free_your_mind

FACK THEM AND THEIR LAW.
I AM NOT ON CAPITALIST SIDE.
BTW I AM FROM CROATIA TOO(ZAGREB).
i BUT MYSELF A BURNING CD ROM AND NOW BURN CDs FOR MANY PEOPLE. tHAT IS THE WAY THAT I SUPPORT KILLING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.

WE NEED TO TAKE THE POWER BACK.

VIVA ZACK DE LA ROCHA AND ALL OTHER ANARCHIST IN THE WORLD.

FOR EXAMPLE, I CAN BOUGHT EMPTY CD FOR ABOUT 0.50DM OR 0.25 EUROs. aND THE AND PUT THE WHOLE ALBUM THAT I GOT FROM MY FRIEND. aND IN STORES I MUST GIVE 30 DM (15 EURO) FOR SAME SHIT. iS IT CD BOX SO EXPENSIVE OR MAYBE INLAY CARD??

WAKE UP. THE REAL PRIZE OF EMPTY CD IS ABOUT 0.15DM OR MAYBE LESS. SO WHY SHOULD WE GIVE 30 DM.

i'LL NEVER BUY ORINGINAL CD IN THE FUTURE.
oNLY IF I KNOW THAT MONEY THAT I GIVE FOR IT IS USED IN SOME HUMAN WAY(FOR CHARITY, PETA, ZAPATISTAS, BATTLE AGAINST AIDS,RACISM, NAZISM...).

SINCE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE IS NOT EXISTING ANY MORE I CAN ONLY TRUSTH ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION, NOFX AND MAYBE SYSTEM OF DOWN OR TOOL.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW SOME OTHER BANDS.

FREE YOUR MIND.
www.uft.dyns.net
liberty and justice for all

juGe

SINCE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE IS NOT EXISTING ANY MORE I CAN ONLY TRUSTH ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION, NOFX AND MAYBE SYSTEM OF DOWN OR TOOL.

Actually they are still fighting against everything although Zack left.. the new album will be released in july or june.. I still think that the band will be nothing without Zack :/

RATM!
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

FACK THEM AND THEIR LAW.
I AM NOT ON CAPITALIST SIDE.

As I explained above, you are not on the capitalistic side, if you support your favourite artist. You are just a fan, buying their CD.

BTW I AM FROM CROATIA TOO(ZAGREB).
i BUT MYSELF A BURNING CD ROM AND NOW BURN CDs FOR MANY PEOPLE. tHAT IS THE WAY THAT I SUPPORT KILLING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.

Great job, you might be one of the guys killing the music industry AND the great artist who does not deserve to be wiped away just because of your antic-capitalistic attitude.
I don't mean to fight with you, I just want to show you that you destroy musicians with that engagement. Not the music industry. Before that is going to happen, they will re-introduce vinyl as the only source of music, so you can't burn anything they spit out. (Sure, you could still make mp3's.)

WE NEED TO TAKE THE POWER BACK.

When exactly did we have (more) power over the music industry?
I mean, you can copy everything today, you already have the power.
And even if you have ruined all the labels (and so, the artists), what exactly would you have gained from that?

FOR EXAMPLE, I CAN BOUGHT EMPTY CD FOR ABOUT 0.50DM OR 0.25 EUROs. aND THE AND PUT THE WHOLE ALBUM THAT I GOT FROM MY FRIEND. aND IN STORES I MUST GIVE 30 DM (15 EURO) FOR SAME SHIT. iS IT CD BOX SO EXPENSIVE OR MAYBE INLAY CARD??

WAKE UP. THE REAL PRIZE OF EMPTY CD IS ABOUT 0.15DM OR MAYBE LESS. SO WHY SHOULD WE GIVE 30 DM

Don't you know what makes the price of a CD?
All the licenses. And the sample-clearing. And the production of the music itself. Or advertises in magazines. Don't just look at the material itself, it's the work that got into it that makes the price.
Tradition IS a tradition

free_your_mind

EKKO DIDN'T GOT MY POINT.

I WON'T BURN RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE OR ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION CD.

WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR LICENCE? WHY SHOULD I PAY TAXES FOR MY GOVERMENT THAT STEALS FROM ME ANYWAY?
WHY SHOULD I PAY SAMPLE THAT IS LIAM USING, IF HE WANT TO USE IT THEN HE MUST PAY FOR IT, NOT I.
AND WHY SHOULD I PAY THE PRODUCTION?

IN THE END, LIAM SAID THAT HE DON'T GIVES A FUCK ABOUT FANS SO ...

WAKE UP BUDDY.

IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME LISTEN TO TOOL'S SONG HOOKER WITH A PENIS AND YOU'LL FIGURE OUT EVERYTHING.

www.uft.dyns.net

Ekko

WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR LICENCE? WHY SHOULD I PAY TAXES FOR MY GOVERMENT THAT STEALS FROM ME ANYWAY?
WHY SHOULD I PAY SAMPLE THAT IS LIAM USING, IF HE WANT TO USE IT THEN HE MUST PAY FOR IT, NOT I.
AND WHY SHOULD I PAY THE PRODUCTION?

No, we're not talking about taxes here.
Well, let me explain that you actually don't pay for the samples he is using, all this is fully paid by the record company.
You don't have to give away a cent for this stuff.
Why you should pay for the production?
This is simple, if you would decide to not pay it, you would get completely lame music. Because producing means making the music ready to be heared. Believe me, you would immediately pay for a serious production if you would hear any Prodigy-track without severe editing...

IN THE END, LIAM SAID THAT HE DON'T GIVES A FUCK ABOUT FANS SO ...
WAKE UP BUDDY.

Well, I don't mind as long as he makes good music and does some amazing gigs. Or?
So, if you care about whether he gives a feck or not - and you obviously seem to, then why is that?

Since all the marketing-stuff isn't lying in his hands, he just has to care about the music itself.
And I don't see why it is this important to write music that your fans will surely like.
If he had done so, we wouldn't have had the music we have got right now. Besides, this fan-caring state of mind is what every silly Pop-girlie is all about, can't hear it anymore...

IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME LISTEN TO TOOL'S SONG HOOKER WITH A PENIS AND YOU'LL FIGURE OUT EVERYTHING.

I know Tool, a friend of mine is quite fond of it.
But it's not really my taste.
Besides, I don't get what I should figure out when I'd be listening to it?
You mean that in relation to the fact that Liam doesn't care about his fans but Tool do?
Don't get it.

Bye,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

free_your_mind

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and
New tattoos that claimed that he
Was OGT,
From '92,
The first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

www.uft.dyns.net

Ekko

SOY! SOY! SOY! Soy makes you strong! Strength crushes enemies! SOY!

[To completely take the thread down.]
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

All well again, Arie?
Mwah, not bad, not that great either, but doing a lot better still. I hope to be all well again in a few days. I started working today again really after a week of rest, so lets see if it will go better. I work only 70% for now, so... Thanks for asking :)

ChemicaL_OnE

Unrelated:

I always thought you were a woman, Arie, and I thought that neko was a man... sometimes nick's can be very confusing..

that's all  :)

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.