The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Nicest item in your collection

Started by Arie, November 13, 2001, 03:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arie

I was wondering what other people think is the nicest item by The Prodigy which they own. It doesn't have to be something expensive or rare, but something which gives you good memories is allowed as well of course (like me).

When I first started collecting Prodigy material I read an article in which they mentioned What Evil Lurks and I thought that I would never be able to find it. When I think back of the moment that I bought my copy it makes me smile still :)

antz

Mine would have to be the official toilet seat cover as its a nice weird item & fits on my toilet seat nicely ;D

&

My autographed cd of Wind It Up signed by all four members (Liam,Maxim,Leeroy,Keith) dunno why I prefer this to all the rest? probably cos its autographed?

&

My What Evil Lurks record (same reason as Arie) cos I never thought I'd get an original... I was dead excited about recieving it as it was a Christmas present from my Parents..

Arie

I had forgotten about the toilet seat cover, a nice item indeed. I have some official dog tags as well which are nice. Never wear the dog tags, never use the toilet seat cover, but both are nice to have. I also have an official promotional beer :)

juGe

I have the toilet seat cover and the dog tags too.. I always use the dog tags.. they are great.. :)
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Arie

They are great for what Jussi? There is some sort of 'cut' in one or both of them, is it to open beer or something? ;)

fj

im not a collecter as such (aint got the money) but i tresure experience

There isnt many in NZ and took a couple of months to track it down.

i wonder if its the orignal (or first press etc)

XLCD 110

barcode 5  01093 551029

year 1992

Distributed by warner music uk

They are the main details on it anyway. anyone got the same details on theirs?

Arie

As for first press or not, you cannot really tell except by comparing two items of which you are sure that they are not the same press. The barcode stays the same in 99.99% of the cases. Also the year of release, although pressed in 2001 for instance would still say 1992. You can look at the center of the CD and compare that with other issues.

You mention XLCD 110 which is the normal catalogue number for The Prodigy Experience. This is an XL-Recordings catalogue number. You also mention that it's on Warner Bros. which means that you have the Warner Bros. release which comes with an XL-Recordings catalogue number. In short, you have a normal retail release as released on Warner Bros.

A lot of countries have their own label. Some labels are in various countries. To mention a few labels on which Prodigy have released items: XL-Recordings, Mute, Maverick, Elektra, Torso, Koch, DeLabel, Avex Trax, UDP, et cetera. For a collector, owning one of each country can be fun, just to be able to spot differences and all. For instance the disc itself might have a different color, or the sleeves are darker or lighter.

Crazy people those collectors... ;p

what_evil_lurks

my firestarter is french (delabel-virgin) and it does not specify
anything about xls70-cd or something like that ;D
I'm also proud of my voodoo people 12" on mute records (7007)with the secret knowledge's remix of speedway.
there are more things but I'm tired of writing now... 8)

Arie

I'm also proud of my voodoo people 12" on mute records (7007)with the secret knowledge's remix of speedway.
I'm curious why, care to let me know?

what_evil_lurks

I'm curious why, care to let me know?
I don't understand what you mean at all, I don't know if you're saying that this record is easy to get and it has no value at all or what...
I think it's rare but I 'm not completely sure,it was released in 1995 on a black sleeve with a yellow sticker, the tracks are:
voodoo people(chemical brothers remix)
voodoo people (original)
no good (cj bolland museum mix)
speedway (secret knowledge remix)
its catalogue number is 7007 and it was released by mute records and xl, it's american.

Arie

QuoteI don't understand what you mean at all, I don't know if you're saying that this record is easy to get and it has no value at all or what...
I'm only curious why you wrote that this was the nicest item you own since you didn't write why really, that's all.

QuoteI think it's rare but I 'm not completely sure,it was released in 1995 on a black sleeve with a yellow sticker, the tracks are:
If it has a black sleeve, then you most likely have the normal retail release which is not rare I'm afraid. Still it is a very nice record. I'm personally starting to appreciate it more and more each time I listen to it. But it offers no special tracks really.

I was thinking lately that I'm also quite happy with my original Charly CD maxi single on XL-Recordings as well as with my original Wind It Up 12" which came with an original merchadise form. Very happy with those indeed.

And talking about that Voodoo People record, anyone who knows where to get the one with the white sleeve from? I'm looking for it still.

juGe

And talking about that Voodoo People record, anyone who knows where to get the one with the white sleeve from? I'm looking for it still.

I have one  :P
It's gonna happen, but not yet ya know?

Ekko

When I think of it, I really don't have anything special...
But I'm indeed very proud of the Zero-G-sampler with those Intro Beats on it!
At least it's the item that means most to me ^_^
Tradition IS a tradition

PoisoN

Nicest Prodigy item in my collection is a CD-rom full of prodigy mp3's. I bought it from Russia 1999. It contains 143 tracks inc. all Oficcial tracks, Remixes and rare stuff like SMBU (Ganja Crew Remix), fake tracks and many more....  
(((I GOT THE POISON!)))

Arie

and rare stuff like SMBU (Ganja Crew Remix), fake tracks and many more....

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.