The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

How Rare is BABY1?

Started by SomewhatFragile, July 22, 2002, 02:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomewhatFragile

Hey,
new here, been a fan of the prodigy for a few years. anyway, i was wondering

Arie

It's not rare, or at least not yet ;)

I don't know how many copies got pressed. Some people say 700, others up to 900. Fact is that a lot of people have seen huge boxes full of them everywhere. Personally I've seen 200 copies of them already in boxes here in The Netherlands, then someone can't tell me that there are only 800 for instance in the world since that would mean that the rest of the world only has 600 copies left... I don't know how many there were, but for the moment it's not rare anyway. Especially since XL-Recordings sold them themselves as well for a very low price; only four Pounds Sterling.

What I've heard is that Liam Howlett got these BABY1 promotional white labels pressed himself and XL-Recordings only did the promotion and distribution for him really. Paying attention on the completely different catalogue number than usual, this could be true. And at the same time it makes me wonder about those BITCH1 (that is the catalogue number, right? doing this by heart so...) white labels which contained the Slacker Mix of Smack My Bitch Up. Have those been given out by Liam Howlett himself too maybe? I'm curious what others think of that...

mindblow_

about the Slacker remix; I heard that the 5 white labels (or were they acetates?) were made by Slacker and they gave them to Oakenfold, Sasha et all. I really can't image Liam giving a rare white to Oakenfold. or at least I hope he didn't.
The Mindblowing Prodigy Network
http://www.geocities.com/mindblow_/

Arie

I had some pictures of the acetate, but I lost them unfortunately due to reinstalling the computer the pictures were on. I don't know how many acetates were made. But what do you think about these BITCH1 white labels Kimmo?

mouzzer

It's not rare, or at least not yet ;)

I don't know how many copies got pressed. Some people say 700, others up to 900. Fact is that a lot of people have seen huge boxes full of them everywhere. Personally I've seen 200 copies of them already in boxes here in The Netherlands, then someone can't tell me that there are only 800 for instance in the world since that would mean that the rest of the world only has 600 copies left... I don't know how many there were, but for the moment it's not rare anyway. Especially since XL-Recordings sold them themselves as well for a very low price; only four Pounds Sterling.

Where did you find those copies in The Netherlands?

Arie

PIAS distributed those white labels straight for XL-Recordings. They sold quite a lot of them after they had given away a few of them. PIAS had quite some of them in boxes. Also for instance a friend of mine who runs a record shop had a box with 50 to 60 of them and I know more people from stores who bought huge quantities and sold them on the Internet. I've heard people from Finland saying the same, so it seems like there were quite some pressed.

PIAS by the way hasn't released any promotional items for Baby's Got A Temper. What I've been told is that labels nowadays send MP3 files to radio stations and all and later they send the retail releases as well. The promotional records which PIAS gave out to people were the ones XL-Recordings sent to them; this BABY1 white label and the 4-track 12" promotional copy on XL-Recordings as well.

Arie

Something which just came to mind, but why haven't you posted this on the XL-Recordings board? Jo of the mailorder might know the answer or can at least check. Maybe I will e-mail her and ask her myself too.

mindblow_

I had some pictures of the acetate, but I lost them unfortunately due to reinstalling the computer the pictures were on. I don't know how many acetates were made. But what do you think about these BITCH1 white labels Kimmo?

well, erm. I know very little about these Slacker Remix whites. I've seen some pictures of BITCH-1 on some Prodigy pages (can't remember which one). but if I got this right there are:

- acetates (possibly 5 copies made) no catalogue number

- BITCH-1 one-sided white label (number of copies unknown)

- DD3 white label which has on flip side Yello's 'On Track' (number of copies unknown)

but are those acetates same as BITCH-1? I mean, are there only five copies of BITCH-1? I don't know.

Arie

It is unknown how many acetates were pressed. I found the pictures again on a CDR which I burned years ago by the way. As for the BITCH-1 white labels, seeing the minus symbol in the name I would say that it's unofficial now. There are more than five of those Kimmo ;) It's not rare really. I don't know how many copies there are of the DD3 white label, but it's just as 'rare' as the BITCH-1 one I guess.

mindblow_

I don't have BITCH-1 or DD3 but that doesn't mean that they'd be rare. not indeed. but I found this little article from Mixmag Jan 2001 issue (page 151):

"Taking up the Slack.

At Bedrock's first birthday, Slacker finished with a right funky number. An e-mail to them confirmed that it was their mix of the Prodigy's 'Smack my bitch up'. Apart from them I've only heard Sasha play it. Is he the sole owner?

James Stevenson, Northants

There was only five acetates of the mix and Oakenfold, Sasha and Nick Warren was given one. Liam wasn't keen on the mix, so it was never released. However we hear it's been booted, so if you're quick and you know where to go, you might be in luck."

Duncan

Hi!

I've Baby's Got A Temper BABY-1 Promo, too.
I would like to sell it. (Because I have the normal Vinyl and I don't need the Promo)
What would be the price for this record?
Thanks

Duncan

Arie

QuoteHi!

I've Baby's Got A Temper BABY-1 Promo, too.
I would like to sell it. (Because I have the normal Vinyl and I don't need the Promo)
What would be the price for this record?
Thanks

Duncan
At the moment, you cannot really sell it for more than four Pounds Sterling. You can already buy copies of this white label for under four Pounds Sterling, so you have to run into someone stupid enough ;p if you want to sell it for more. I would suggest that you hang on to your copy and sell it at a later date in the hope that it will be worth more then. I've got three spare copies myself of this white label and two of the four track promotional copy.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.