The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Funky Shit in 1995?

Started by Stuff, December 04, 2002, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuff

I've heard that "Funky Shit" first was produced in 1996 or something.
But I got a live mpeg of "Funky Shit" that I think is from 1995.. Because Maxim is bald, Liam has short dark hair and Leeroy has blonde hair (and that glitter suite he used in the "Electronic Punks" video).
And since the release of "Firestarter", in early 1996, Liam coloured his hair blonde. And Maxim let his hair grow out..
So I'm quite sure the Prods played Funky Shit Live already in 1995.

Stuff

Nice! so I've finally managed to find a clip from that classic gig in Glastonbury 1995 :).

The only difference from the album version that i can hear: the main synth/bass-loop (Liam live-jammin' on the 303) sounds a bit weak (like the decay is high and the envelope is low, and no distorsion). But the arrangement seems to be the same as the final version of "Funky Shit" (

Ekko

BTW, did anyone notice a difference between Funky Shit and Funky Shit [Edit] ?
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

QuoteBTW, did anyone notice a difference between Funky Shit and Funky Shit [Edit] ?
Yes, the Edit is shorter. The intro last shorter for instance. You can listen to it completely at http://www.the-prodigy.org and then click on Audio. And welcome back Ekko :)

Ekko

Thank you, Arie! :-)

Opps, I blew it...
I didn't mean the Funky Shit [Edit], I messed it up with the Narayan [Edit], which is, afaic, equal to the Album-track.

Edits edits edits, my my my...

Rock on everyone!
If we won't, who will? Those Prodigy guys?
HAAA! You make me laugh!

Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

QuoteThank you, Arie! :-)

Opps, I blew it...
I didn't mean the Funky Shit [Edit], I messed it up with the Narayan [Edit], which is, afaic, equal to the Album-track.
You can listen to the Narayan (Edit) as well at http://www.the-prodigy.org and it is not the same as the album version...!

Ekko

So what's different then?

[And stop trying to saddle me your site...*lol*]
Tradition IS a tradition

ACID BURN

WAS FUNKY SHIT EVER RELEASED ON 12"

Arie

QuoteWAS FUNKY SHIT EVER RELEASED ON 12"
Only on The Fat Of The Land record... officially anyway, it might be released on some kind of DJ white label, but it would just be the album version then...

Jay

But where's the Edit (03:19) from then?? it must come from a 12".

Arie

QuoteBut where's the Edit (03:19) from then?? it must come from a 12".
Why must it come from a 12 inch?

Funky Shit was never released as a proper single. Apperantly there were some sort of plans to release it, since in France the Edit was released as a one track promotional CD.

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.