The Prodigy 34 pcs sticker set

Huge set of The Prodigy stickers. 17 different designs (2 of each) and total of 34 stickers. Sticker sizes vary from 7 cm to 3,5 cm. Order here >

Narayan + Narayan Edit

Started by Ekko, January 21, 2002, 05:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

What's the deal about all the edits?
I heard a difference at funky shit (shorter) and some other tracks, but Narayan (and some other I guess,) are like totally equeal. Haven't heard over Headphones yet, maybe it's differently engineered or there are some other small changes.
But as far as I can tell now, there's nothing different.
PLease correct me if you've noticed a difference.

Thanx,
Ekko
Tradition IS a tradition

Arie

'Edit' stands for that the tune is edited. The edited version is what is played on the radio for instance. The only difference thus between the Edit and the full version is the track time; it is only shorter.

Ekko

Yes, this is obvious, but what I mean is, that Narayan for example, isn't edited.
Same length, same sounds, everythings equal.
So I don't get why it carries the [edit] mark.
Tradition IS a tradition

ChemicaL_OnE

Hm... Ekko, I dont know where you got "Narayan (Edit)" from cause there are a lot of fakes out there. I heard the original one an it is edited (shorter) so I think you probably heard a fake.

Bye now ;)

Arie

Yes, this is obvious, but what I mean is, that Narayan for example, isn't edited.
Same length, same sounds, everythings equal.
So I don't get why it carries the [edit] mark.
Ekko, I am the only one I know of who has a studio copy of the Narayan (Edit). I made it into a RealAudio file and I uploaded that to my web site at www.the-prodigy.org where you can listen to it. This is the only source at the moment online where you can listen to it. If you got it from somewhere else, then let me know since I'm curious.

Ekko

I guess you two are right, I got hold on a fake-edit as it seems.
I d/l at Audiogalaxy.
So, the Narayan [edit] is shorter? I'll check it out, Arie.
Thx guys.
Tradition IS a tradition

what_evil_lurks

hi
I indeed remember listening to a shorter version of narayan in early july 1997, at radio one (I can receive it through satellite) but only once, I didn't rush to record it cause I thought that narayan was going to be released as a single (I loved it when it came out).
the first time I heard that track was on 20 june 1997, a radio station presenter made the premiere (I have it on tape!! )

cheers lads.
ps-wolf eater posts are very amusing, keep on working. :D

antz

Speaking of edits... has anyone of you heard the Smack My Bitch Up (Clean Edit)?? I just found it through google & I think its better than the normal edit, when you're about to hear "Bitch" you hear some sort of camera click or some horn noise, its quite entertaining!

ChemicaL_OnE

antz, I heard it and I simply adore the track. The sounds are so separated and well edited/produced that you cant miss a thing really...

bye now ;)

Home Page | XML sitemap | Search | Feedback
Jussi Lahtinen © Copyright 1998-2024 All rights reserved.
This site is valid HTML5 & CSS - Web Designed with Accessibility in mind.

All images, audio, downloadable media, logos and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.